Thread: Do you sell off and wait?

Default Do you sell off and wait?

Do you sell off your current gear in anticipation of newer model? For example, sell off Canon 10D when Canon 3D is rumoured to arrive in 2 months time?

Sell liao how to "tan chia"......

generally not. I usually sell off my existing camera after I got a new one. accessories though might be sold off earlier.

Do you take pictures with your gear or are you more concerned about owning the state of the art technology? (ie would you rather go for 2 months without taking pictures just to own the latest technology at the lowest cost at the time of purchase?)

So far I've always bought new stuff before selling off old ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin
    Do you sell off your current gear in anticipation of newer model? For example, sell off Canon 10D when Canon 3D is rumoured to arrive in 2 months time?
    Well, if your 10D is your only (or main) camera, you'd be left cameraless until you get your hands on a replacement - which may be a very long time, since from announcement to actually stocks-in-the-shop may be a few months wait. If you sell your main camera now, you may go up to a year w/o shooting, and meanwhile, all your lenses will depreciate, especially those with warranty.

If, however, your 10D is a backup camera, then it makes sense to sell. A 1D would make a better backup, and it would be cheaper on the used market when/if the rumoured 3D arrives.

I am just using a 10D as example. It could be a 540EX flash or SB80dx. 2 months without a flash for an amatuer won't kill.