Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Lens

  1. #21
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by paulojsferraz View Post
    No, I have this service were I live, but I want to do by myself.
    usually you need to open up the lens, for this, I can't help you, you need to go Google to look for info of how to dismantle a lens and cleaning it, you also need to buy the tools, which you can buy online.

    good luck.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #22
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    come on ! which is the best lenses?
    To me, a lens is best when it's being used properly.

    If you ask me, there is no such thing as best lens. All lenses have different functions and uses. Example, a tele-photo zoom lens (70-200mm lens) may be good for sports photography but for events photography, it may not be suitable (this is my point of view).

    It's better to ask which lens is good for which type of photography.
    (E.g. Which lens is good for sports? Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM or Nikon AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED lens)

    It will be easier to give you a guide.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Lens

    Takeaway the brand both made of glass, plastics and metals. The difference is that one starts with "C", the other "N"... and both end with "ON"....

  4. #24

    Default Re: Lens

    I reckon this thread is gonna be closed by the mods soon cuz is essentially the same question as your previous thread. Canon or Nikon. Use whatever that that suit your need and budget.

  5. #25
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Lens

    Zeiss range gets my vote though I'm using Canon for it. But to each their own, some doesnt like it because its too contrasy, some doesn't like its bokeh, etc. Theres no best lens

  6. #26

    Default Re: Lens

    The best lens is your eyes

  7. #27

    Default Re: Lens

    Any lens to me is the best, provided u know how to maximize its capability as well as the functionality.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Lens

    Oakley.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    I reckon this thread is gonna be closed by the mods soon cuz is essentially the same question as your previous thread. Canon or Nikon. Use whatever that that suit your need and budget.
    yeah..i wonder if TS is trying to paddle s**t

  10. #30

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by clioboy View Post
    yeah..i wonder if TS is trying to paddle s**t
    benefit of the doubt. it's quite likely TS needs a clue; this thread should (hopefully) serve that purpose.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

  11. #31

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    come on ! which is the best lenses?
    Our Eyes !!!
    Best lens in the whole galaxy and it is priceless!!
    Nikon D90 | 18-200mm VR | 50mm f1.8| Tokina 11-16mm f2.8|Sigma 30mm f1.4 |SB900
    Sony W300

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars View Post
    Our Eyes !!!
    Best lens in the whole galaxy and it is priceless!!
    But mine has backfocusing problems. Need to go service center (optometrist) every few years for new filter.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  13. #33

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by varf View Post
    benefit of the doubt. it's quite likely TS needs a clue; this thread should (hopefully) serve that purpose.
    He has ask directly and indirectly in two threads which brand is better. He is already using a canon 450D, what he's doing now is waiting for somebody to say "Nikon has the best camera and lens" to justify his pending change to nikon. For reference Previous Thread

  14. #34

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    come on ! which is the best lenses?
    .......DRUMROLL.......The best lens is........the one I can afford. The rest are useless to me sitting in the shop display case

  15. #35

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    come on ! which is the best lenses?
    I don't know if you're just naive, or just asking for it, but giving you the benefit of the doubt, go read this:

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/nikon-vs-canon.htm

    I don't agree with the controversial Mr Rockwell on everything, but this is basically spot on.

    And do get a clue -- your question is way too open-ended. And more likely to get you booted from the forum than get you the answer you're looking for.

  16. #36
    Member vdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong - 上环
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by yatsunil View Post
    .......DRUMROLL.......The best lens is........the one I can afford. The rest are useless to me sitting in the shop display case
    totally agree, nice one! =)

  17. #37

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by SYLBORN View Post
    guys, whats the diff between canon lens and nikon lens?
    canon lenses have rubber band, nikon lenses you can add your own

    so no difference

  18. #38
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Lens

    canon lenses are white, nikon lenses are black.. and if you are a canon user in a bunch of nikon photographers you have nokin

  19. #39

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    I don't know if you're just naive, or just asking for it, but giving you the benefit of the doubt, go read this:

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/nikon-vs-canon.htm

    I don't agree with the controversial Mr Rockwell on everything, but this is basically spot on.

    And do get a clue -- your question is way too open-ended. And more likely to get you booted from the forum than get you the answer you're looking for.
    nice read, just a tad outdated in terms of camera models

  20. #40
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Lens

    ok that is enough

    thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •