Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photography Course in Polytechnics

Default Re: Photography Course in Polytechnics

Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    its sad that Singapore is not a place for Arts =(
    I see encouraging signs of change.....it will be

On one hand you could wait for it to change, or on the other hand you could be one of those helping to make the change, which I see you are well positioned for with your choices in the next phase of your life. Why not be one of those making the change?

All the best!

Lasalle is offering Diploma in Fine Arts Photography, but you'll need to complete a 1 year foundation studies (includes painting, drawing and all sorts).
    Think before you enter Lasalle

Suburbannerd
    Guests

Smile Re: Photography Course in Polytechnics

Haqeel! Im also in a situation like you! Sitting my O levels this year and I really want to go into Visual Communications at TP but the cut off points are like sooooo impossible! (at least to me).Im also trying the DPA route! I think you might have a chance,awesome portfolio.And who knows,maybe both of us could be in the same course next year? ~dreams~ hahaha

hmm,ignore all of them,your heart is set to do a course on what you like in a poly! so go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbannerd View Post
    Haqeel! Im also in a situation like you! Sitting my O levels this year and I really want to go into Visual Communications at TP but the cut off points are like sooooo impossible! (at least to me).Im also trying the DPA route! I think you might have a chance,awesome portfolio.And who knows,maybe both of us could be in the same course next year? ~dreams~ hahaha

hmm,ignore all of them,your heart is set to do a course on what you like in a poly! so go for it!
    hey! thats cool! hope we could meet man.
    you're in which school?
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    Having a diploma is a thing. But studying for a diploma is another. After learning all the stuffs, you tend to make use of the tools taught, and therefore widen your creativity etc etc etc.

Diploma is just a piece of paper.

Just to share; I'm currently a NAFA student, and the things I learn in school are very useful, though not all. I did not regret choosing NAFA, however.. you need to be very dedicated, as assignments stack like there is no tomorrow. So therefore time management has to be good. And NAFA has the tools you need in the design world.

And yes very true that art cannot feed you in Singapore.
    I guess you are in visual comm or multimedia?
    Oh yeah 1st year basically the sch teaches all foundation subjects from fine arts to air brush and photography. But too bad air brush was discontinued after my batch.
    Time management is useless in my previous course cos tutor will only approve your final design before the assessment and everybody is rushing sleepless day and night without tomorrow just to complete. Its either you do it or you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    Oh yeah 1st year basically the sch teaches all foundation subjects from fine arts to air brush and photography. But too bad air brush was discontinued after my batch.
    Time management is useless in my previous course cos tutor will only approve your final design before the assessment and everybody is rushing sleepless day and night without tomorrow just to complete. Its either you do it or you fail.
    hahah ya man.. hectic..
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    nope, im planning to go for Visual Comm. not yet there
    wah sad, airbrush seems cool but its been discontinued..

anw, with this course, can lead to Uni?
    PortFolio

Suburbannerd
    Guests

Red face Re: Photography Course in Polytechnics

Yours truly Springfield Sec.! Kental,hahah! how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbannerd View Post
    Yours truly Springfield Sec.! Kental,hahah! how about you?
    haha. i have a cousin whom live exactly opposite springfield, and they used to school there a few years back
    PortFolio

Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    nope, im planning to go for Visual Comm. not yet there
    wah sad, airbrush seems cool but its been discontinued..

anw, with this course, can lead to Uni?
    I think yes.. Digital arts or something like that.. in NTU i think.
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

iamfanning
    Guests

Hi Haqeel!

I'm Fanning from TP! Glad to hear that TP is your first choice. TP Rocks! You can check out my blog to have a good idea what goes on in TP and get updated on our events. I wish you all the best for your DPA as well as your 'O' Levels. Hope to see you in TP next year!

Quote Originally Posted by iamfanning View Post
    Hi Haqeel!

I'm Fanning from TP! Glad to hear that TP is your first choice. TP Rocks! You can check out my blog to have a good idea what goes on in TP and get updated on our events. I wish you all the best for your DPA as well as your 'O' Levels. Hope to see you in TP next year!
    Hey! Thanks! I've put TP as for my first and second choice for dpa
    PortFolio

Quote Originally Posted by iamfanning View Post
    Hi Haqeel!

Yes, TP rocks!! They treat their students as customers.

TP is customer-oriented, the customer is always right. Go TP!

how many out there are actually studied photography, but doing something as a career?
    I have quite a few classmates who ended up working office jobs. Damn sad life.
    im working non-photography job. How sad is that. But yearning to come back to photography line. Haha

Not only do you need better skills (where digitalization has evened out the playing field), you need opportunities as well. Oh, and if you can speak/talk well, it's a bonus.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Oh, and if you can speak/talk well, it's a bonus.
    Yah, especially wedding photographers, must have good sense of humour too, cause must say jokes to make the bride/ bridegroom smile.

I really regret not brushing up on my bullshit-ting skills, no offence to everyone here who think otherwise. But i have seen first hand, really cmi photographers, managing to persuade unsuspecting people to buy their works, by persuasion.

Damn i need lots of practice talking to people in person from now on... too introvert no good if wanna do photography business. Haha
    One-North Explorers

i think the photography market in sg is slowly becoming more and more saturated...those who can communicate their ideas well, tend to seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    those who can communicate their ideas well, tend to seal the deal.

i think that's what i wanna say, but in a more nicer way. Hehe..i put it too bluntly.
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i think the photography market in sg is slowly becoming more and more saturated...those who can communicate their ideas well, tend to seal the deal.
    Confirm saturated. We have people who picked up photography for just a few months, then can set up website to offer their photographing services liao. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Confirm saturated. We have people who picked up photography for just a few months, then can set up website to offer their photographing services liao. Amazing.
    and worst thing is their rates are spoiling the market. but arguably, there are some that are very talented.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123