Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

  1. #21

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    While it is right to say that SQ 25 originated from New York JFK airport, the flight actually headed to Frankfurt first, before coming to Singapore. Also, since the flight is a code-sharing one, passengers who are from the following flight numbers that landed on 26 May 2009 should see the doctor immediately if they develop any illness.

    SQ25
    LH9762
    AC9951
    LO4039
    will SIA clean the whole plane SQ25 ?

  2. #22
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    will SIA clean the whole plane SQ25 ?
    do you think they'll wait for people like you to ask before they do so? SIA has a reputation to maintain.
    eat. drink. shoot

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    will SIA clean the whole plane SQ25 ?
    it's a procedure to do so for all planes departing in changi airport anyway, they will check + clean the airplane everytime 100mins before departure =)

  4. #24
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    so far, if I'm not mistaken, all deaths that occurred from the swine flu have been due to possible (note. POSSIBLE) underlying medical conditions that could have been asymptomatic. like someone said, the normal flu strains kill more yearly than this current strain. however, just be a bit more diligent with personal hygiene and cleanliness.
    chicken fight!

  5. #25
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    I think with Singaporean going through the SARS, there's complacency among people here.
    We have the "bochap" attitude towards it nowadays, unlike the SARS period where everybody were so scared.

    Now at coffee shop, I heard someone saying, "won't be so suay 1 lah. I'll strike TOTO 1st before striking H1N1 virus."

  6. #26
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    we live to die. if the flu virus doesn't kill us, lightning or an accident will.
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #27

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I think with Singaporean going through the SARS, there's complacency among people here.
    We have the "bochap" attitude towards it nowadays, unlike the SARS period where everybody were so scared.

    Now at coffee shop, I heard someone saying, "won't be so suay 1 lah. I'll strike TOTO 1st before striking H1N1 virus."
    Sorry.

    Even during SARS height of crisis, too many people couldn't care less. Cough, sneeze and spit all over the pace in public, even right in front of other people's tables at eating places. There was also that media report of the man ordered to home quarantine who was openly defiant. That was just one man. If you look around the neighbourhood, you will see quieter but more massive 'bo chapness'.

    This time round, after remembering that people actually died during SARS, people might be a litttttllleeeeee bit more careful, if only for fear of their own skin. Do you think they actually care about their fellow Singaporeans?

    Don't need to talk. Just look around and can see for yourself.

    It takes only a moment to use a handkie or small towel to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing. It takes a whole lot more energy to be defiant and rationalise bo chapness. Which would you choose?
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 28th May 2009 at 09:36 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    3 more down with H1N1 in Singapore.

    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_382905.html

  9. #29

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    will SIA clean the whole plane SQ25 ?
    It depends on what your defination of "clean" is.

    Cleaning services differs depending on what the airline company ordered. Generally, for a normal flight, the cleaners contracted by airline companies do clean the exterior of the plane by washing down the plane. They also clear the rubbish inside the plane and changed seat covers(provided they are dirty). However they generally don't clean air-con ducts or wipe down/disinfect the whole plane as doing so will only increase cost and time. Most airport authorities and airlines including budget ones require planes to be able to turn around within 45 mins and within that 45 mins everything should be done.

    It is only when cases like h1n1 are found then disinfect cleaning is done on that particular plane. However, by that time the plane would be half way around the world with a whole new load of passengers with air that is recycled over and over again.
    Last edited by Dovedo; 28th May 2009 at 10:57 PM.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    providing some light-hearted entertainment that mrbrownshow came up with admist this h1n1 situation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViRlo1_b1o

  11. #31

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    I cannot comment on the sneeze thing without covering, it has been decades of habit and sudden reflex which cannot change in short period by people although not elegant and inconsiderate.
    What disturbs me was the comment given by a couple who says bec the virus is non lethal, they still proceed to US for tour to prevent forfeit of deposit. Non lethal? just give a common cold tablet only as treatment and see if it is still non lethal.

    If one can postpone, then do so, if cannot, then take all precaution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Sorry.

    Even during SARS height of crisis, too many people couldn't care less. Cough, sneeze and spit all over the pace in public, even right in front of other people's tables at eating places. There was also that media report of the man ordered to home quarantine who was openly defiant. That was just one man. If you look around the neighbourhood, you will see quieter but more massive 'bo chapness'.

    This time round, after remembering that people actually died during SARS, people might be a litttttllleeeeee bit more careful, if only for fear of their own skin. Do you think they actually care about their fellow Singaporeans?

    Don't need to talk. Just look around and can see for yourself.

    It takes only a moment to use a handkie or small towel to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing. It takes a whole lot more energy to be defiant and rationalise bo chapness. Which would you choose?

  12. #32

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    I cannot comment on the sneeze thing without covering, it has been decades of habit and sudden reflex which cannot change in short period by people although not elegant and inconsiderate.
    What disturbs me was the comment given by a couple who says bec the virus is non lethal, they still proceed to US for tour to prevent forfeit of deposit. Non lethal? just give a common cold tablet only as treatment and see if it is still non lethal.

    If one can postpone, then do so, if cannot, then take all precaution.
    People will always find rationalisation and latch onto the simplest 'reason' to practise denial and stupidity. Human history repeats itself yet again.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    At least it's deposit, not full payment. Cathay Pacific won't refund nor postpone.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

  14. #34

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    We would have the virus for testing and develop drug to counter the sickness and also to make some money from them....

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    now 7 cases liao...

  16. #36

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    so far, if I'm not mistaken, all deaths that occurred from the swine flu have been due to possible (note. POSSIBLE) underlying medical conditions that could have been asymptomatic. like someone said, the normal flu strains kill more yearly than this current strain. however, just be a bit more diligent with personal hygiene and cleanliness.
    It is not swine flu.

  17. #37

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    now 7 cases liao...
    After returning from State.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    After returning from State.
    got one is return from manila..

  19. #39

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    More cases translate to more viruses for testing which is equal to making more vaccine, more drug and more money.

  20. #40

    Default Re: first h1n1 flu case in singapore!

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    got one is return from manila..
    I though everybody from States!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •