Thread: Profile for Epson R290

Default Profile for Epson R290

Hi guys,

I recently got my epson r290 printer. I'm using photoshop cs3 and wish to print directly from cs3 instead of using the "Easy Photo Print" by epson.

Anyone here can guide me through the print profile setting, so that i can get a print which is as close as what i see in my monitor?

Additional information: My monitor is calibrated once a month and i'm using ilford photo paper.

Thanks

Default Re: Profile for Epson R290

Hi..
    As the steps are long, I can only give you rough guide lines here . But I think it should be able to see you through.
    If your monitor is being calibrated, it should have a ICM file from the calibration. Note the name of the file and the location it is stored.
    Set your photoshop to use the same ICM file. Got to Edit -> Color Settings -> more options. and Select the ICM file.

For printer settings, Go to the advance mode, Choose no color management. You may have to play around with the gamma correction settings.

Personally I set the printer to use the ICM file your monitor uses as well ... and when I print, I just use "Epson standard" Turns out fine.

Default Re: Profile for Epson R290

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytan18 View Post
    Hi..
    As the steps are long, I can only give you rough guide lines here . But I think it should be able to see you through.
    If your monitor is being calibrated, it should have a ICM file from the calibration. Note the name of the file and the location it is stored.
    Set your photoshop to use the same ICM file. Got to Edit -> Color Settings -> more options. and Select the ICM file.

For printer settings, Go to the advance mode, Choose no color management. You may have to play around with the gamma correction settings.

Personally I set the printer to use the ICM file your monitor uses as well ... and when I print, I just use "Epson standard" Turns out fine.
    Will try that out. Thanks!