Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 ING TURKISH GRAND PRIX - [5th to 7th June 2009]

Default Re: FORMULA 1 ING TURKISH GRAND PRIX - [5th to 7th June 2009]

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Ya GTR is cheap and good but I am not sure it belongs to supercar category. When u look at it ...doesn't give u the feel that it is supercar. Different when u look at Porsche or Ferrari... look good, drive good, just there. Think the LF-A may have that. Saw some nice photos on Top Speed site.
    The Nissan GT-R is faster than Lamborghini Gallardo but slower than the Gallardo Superleggera. The lightweight clubsport Gallardo leaves the GT-R in it's trail... maybe that's why the GT-R V-Spec came along... The GT-R is also slower than the 911 GT2 thought faster than 911 Turbo, i dunno if the V-Spec is faster than GT2.

GT-R so fast come out V spec? Need to start reading car magazines again..
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Raikkonen crashes out of tarmac rally

Kimi Raikkonen at the weekend crashed out of his latest foray into the world of professional rallying.

The Ferrari driver, having entered two rounds of the Finnish rally championship in the winter, entered the same Tommi Makinen-prepared Fiat Abarthe Grande Punto into the Rally della Marca.

But on the third stage of the event in northern Italy's Treviso region, while running eighth in his category, Raikkonen crashed and struck a rock verge, terminally damaging the right rear corner of his white car.

Before the event, the Finn thanked Ferrari for giving him permission to compete.

"I really enjoy myself (rallying) and it will be my first experience on tarmac after some tests on snow last winter," Raikkonen had said. "As I'm coming from the race track it will be interesting to see what I will be able to do behind the wheel on the roads."

i think they din have coke and Magnums at the rally for Raikkonen.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    Raikkonen crashes out of tarmac rally

Kimi Raikkonen at the weekend crashed out of his latest foray into the world of professional rallying.

The Ferrari driver, having entered two rounds of the Finnish rally championship in the winter, entered the same Tommi Makinen-prepared Fiat Abarthe Grande Punto into the Rally della Marca.

But on the third stage of the event in northern Italy's Treviso region, while running eighth in his category, Raikkonen crashed and struck a rock verge, terminally damaging the right rear corner of his white car.

Before the event, the Finn thanked Ferrari for giving him permission to compete.

"I really enjoy myself (rallying) and it will be my first experience on tarmac after some tests on snow last winter," Raikkonen had said. "As I'm coming from the race track it will be interesting to see what I will be able to do behind the wheel on the roads."

What? No Coke? Take that!!!

IIRC, K. Raikkonen likes rallying.

[SIZE="4"]
    Haha think he crashed out early so that he can have ice cream..... hehe Ice Cream Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    IIRC, K. Raikkonen likes rallying.
    then why did he get into F1?
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

GT-R so fast come out V spec? Need to start reading car magazines again..
    Yup, it came out earlier this yr. Only 30 are built in a mth. A GT-R V-Spec cost twice the price of normal GT-R in Japan. More carbon fibre, rear seats ditched. Only 5bhp more on paper, a bit faster round the Nurburing.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    The Lexus LF-A aims to be above the Nissan GT-R class... it doesn't competes with Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo.Tat is the class the Nissan GT-R is at. The Lexus LF-A is competing with McLaren SLR, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Reventon, Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda.
    lol both classes u talking bout is already in supercar class but i know that u are driving at. Still, 1 can't deny GTR's place in the supercar category right?

then why did he get into F1?
    He is an enigma. Ever since he won the world title, he isn't as 'driven' or as commited as before. Seems like he makes more mistakes or is slower than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    lol both classes u talking bout is already in supercar class but i know that u are driving at. Still, 1 can't deny GTR's place in the supercar category right?
    So one is just 'supercar' the other is 'jaw dropping rare limited edition supercar' loh.

He is an enigma. Ever since he won the world title, he isn't as 'driven' or as commited as before. Seems like he makes more mistakes or is slower than the rest.
    maybe his aim was for ONE world title. Now that he has it, he's just driving out the rest of his contract?
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

As much as I can't stand Steve Slater's commentary, he made one astute observation of Kimi's now-legendary pragmatism. Kimi makes very ice cold yet practical calculations about a race. For instance, if he feels the car is not competitive enough, you won't see him going out of his way to try overtake or do any heroics. On the other hand, if he senses the car is competitive, he will suddenly "come alive" so as to speak and drive like hell.

As Steve Slater correctly stated, Kimi is the FASTEST natural driver on the grid right now, provided you put him in a competitive car

used to hate him when he was with McLiaren coz he is like challenging Ferrari for race wins. but now that he is with Ferrari... support lah!

i'm just praying that Pork Slice do not come over to Ferrari. don't want an ungrateful brat driving for the Prancing Horse.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Do you think ham goes well with Turkish Delight this weekend?
    Last edited by wee_ly; 2nd June 2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    used to hate him when he was with McLiaren coz he is like challenging Ferrari for race wins. but now that he is with Ferrari... support lah!

i'm just praying that Pork Slice do not come over to Ferrari. don't want an ungrateful brat driving for the Prancing Horse.
    i agree. ferrari needs more beef.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    Do you think ham goes well with Turkish Delight this weekend?
    Negative.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Negative.
    oh? another case of the ham getting canned by the silver tin can he's driving?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    oh? another case of the ham getting canned by the silver tin can he's driving?
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

ok, lets predict who will be up on the podium this weekend.

Button & Vettel & Barrichello?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast