Page 1 of 22 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 432

Thread: [ Showcase ] - Four Thirds cameras... Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

  1. #1

    Default [ Showcase ] - Four Thirds cameras... Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    As a continuation of the sharing of sample images shot on Four Third and micro Four Third camera system, this is the new thread started for the community to share their images shot on the Four Thirds/ micro Four Thirds system. This includes cameras from the Four Thirds consortium, including Panasonic, Fujifilm, Leica and Olympus (and whoever is in the consortium).

    Whenever possible, share more about how the shot was taken, what camera was used, as well as lens, setting, some background, etc. to make this a real sharing gallery rather than just posting nice images. (This means EXIF data and shooting details and techniques used).

    Do note that this is NOT your personal gallery and excessive multiple images postings shall be removed at the discretion of the moderator(s) in charge of this section of the forums.

    There are galleries within ClubSNAP and APAD threads (A Picture A Day) where you can upload your creative shots for sharing with the entire ClubSNAP community.

    Thanks for noting this, and let the sharing begin.

    Microcosm.
    Last edited by microcosm; 12th August 2010 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!



    "Talk to me"

    Camera : E-30
    Lens : 7-14mm
    Shot setting : Aperture Priority Mode

    Why I shot this?
    - I have always liked hard simple lines. Something about them that relays the feeling of strength and coldness that is attractive to me. But shooting them head on is not aesthetically nice in this particular setting because there was only one column of post boxes (small housing estate), so I decided to take a 3/4 angled view instead. With the ultra wide 7-14mm's perspective distortion, it sort of made the simple post box "larger than life".

    Also, considering that the 7-14mm bends a lot of light information into the sensor, I knew that I could push the "grit" by increasing contrast without sacrificing the details in the shadows and can bring out an intensity of the simple object. A more rustic feel was achieved by doing so in post production.

    The RAW image was processed in Silkypix RAW developer to 16 bit TIFF and pushing for a further 2 stops of Dynamic Range Extension, I push the contrast in Photoshop and cleaned up some parts of the image that was "not pretty" to achieve this image.

  3. #3

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post


    "Talk to me"

    Camera : E-30
    Lens : 7-14mm
    Shot setting : Aperture Priority Mode

    Why I shot this?
    - I have always liked hard simple lines. Something about them that relays the feeling of strength and coldness that is attractive to me. But shooting them head on is not aesthetically nice in this particular setting because there was only one column of post boxes (small housing estate), so I decided to take a 3/4 angled view instead. With the ultra wide 7-14mm's perspective distortion, it sort of made the simple post box "larger than life".

    Also, considering that the 7-14mm bends a lot of light information into the sensor, I knew that I could push the "grit" by increasing contrast without sacrificing the details in the shadows and can bring out an intensity of the simple object. A more rustic feel was achieved by doing so in post production.

    The RAW image was processed in Silkypix RAW developer to 16 bit TIFF and pushing for a further 2 stops of Dynamic Range Extension, I push the contrast in Photoshop and cleaned up some parts of the image that was "not pretty" to achieve this image.
    nice...
    you put in soooo much efforts into editing just 1 pic ah...

  4. #4

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!



    "Shadow of Love"

    Camera used: Panasonic G1
    Lens used: Sigma 20/1.8 with Nikon to 4/3 + 4/3 to m4/3 adapter
    Shooting Mode: Aperture Priority Mode
    Aperture Setting: f5.6

    (Dear Moderators, please remove this if it's inappropriate to post here. Thank you )

    Why I Shot This
    Actually this is an experiment piece all because my cousin asked me how the heart shape could be achieved.

    I added a blue filter during editing to get a more "romantic" feeling.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City area, SG
    Posts
    379

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post


    "Shadow of Love"

    Camera used: Panasonic G1
    Lens used: Sigma 20/1.8 with Nikon to 4/3 + 4/3 to m4/3 adapter
    Shooting Mode: Aperture Priority Mode
    Aperture Setting: f5.6

    (Dear Moderators, please remove this if it's inappropriate to post here. Thank you )

    Why I Shot This
    Actually this is an experiment piece all because my cousin asked me how the heart shape could be achieved.

    I added a blue filter during editing to get a more "romantic" feeling.
    Even though most photographers (esp wedding ones) would find it cliche, this one is really beautiful, i just love the musical notes against the blue background

  6. #6

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post

    (Dear Moderators, please remove this if it's inappropriate to post here. Thank you )
    Nope. This is the home of 4/3 and m43. The G1 is a m43 platform camera. Thanks for sharing the image. Nice one. My only comment is that you might want to try a more "vignetting" effect to bring more focus into the ring and the shadow cast... overall a nice image.

  7. #7
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    It's very nice, great idea, the shadow casted is heart shape... 10/10.

  8. #8

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Thank you

  9. #9

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post


    "Shadow of Love"
    Photo and concept good but photo destroyed by the ugly watermark. U need to make it more ur watermark discreet or nicer.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

  10. #10

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Thanks, point noted

  11. #11

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!







    "Morning, and in front of the wardrobe"

    Camera : E-30
    Lens : 14-54mm II
    Shot setting : Aperture Priority Mode

    Why I shot this?
    Married men generally notice this in the morning. Sort of a humor shot, this set of three.
    I still remember in the morning when the wife frowns before her wardrobe and thinking what to wear for the day... Imagine having the ability to take any piece of apparel and changing its color and shade to match whatever accessories. If someone can make this work, he is going to be a rich man.

    The RAW image was processed in Silkypix RAW developer to 16 bit TIFF and editing was done in Photoshop using Magic Brush selector, then feathered and taking care to retain the reflections from the other green apples around it so that their reflection still cast a little green on the centre one... Changed the "hue/saturation" so that I could change the color of the centre apple. Finally highlighted the area outside the centre apple, feathered it again and use Gaussian Blur to create a "bokeh". Finally created a vignette through burning the edge of the image. Done.

    - - -

    The original intention of this shot (all green apples) was meant to be called "botak" because the centre one, if you noticed, has its stem missing while the others still had them. Was playing around in the kitchen while mom was preparing to make apple cider again.

    Had some fun in the house as the weather was too warm outside.
    Last edited by microcosm; 30th May 2009 at 11:17 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    The Crow

    1)

    equipment used and method of shooting:
    Shot with E3 with ZD12-60mm SWD at F8 ISO 200
    Shot was taken using FL50R on Auto TTL mode attached on body and flash was at 60 degree angle together with white card which is provided together when purchase of flash.

    2)

    equipment used and method of shooting:
    Shot with E3 with ZD12-60mm SWD at F8 ISO 200
    Shot was taken using FL50R on Auto TTL mode attached on body and flash was at 45 degree angle together with white card which is provided together when purchase of flash.

    3)

    equipment used and method of shooting:
    Shot with E3 with ZD12-60mm SWD at F8 ISO 200
    Shot was taken using FL50R on Auto TTL mode attached on body and flash was at 60 degree angle together with white card which is provided together when purchase of flash.

    what this shot all about?
    one of my toy model which was purchase many many years back. Remember I make a booking just to have the full collection of Movie Maniacs series 1.

    Just want to archives this model before everything or any small little part start go missing.


    C&C most welcome.
    Thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by egnaro; 31st May 2009 at 01:09 AM.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  13. #13

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    The second shot was well taken with the light balance to subject nice. But for these kind of shots, if I may just nick pick, it would be better if you had a background to match the subject, else it will come across more like a online sale image.

    There is a yellow streak in the middle of shot (2), did you notice that?

  14. #14
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    The second shot was well taken with the light balance to subject nice. But for these kind of shots, if I may just nick pick, it would be better if you had a background to match the subject, else it will come across more like a online sale image.

    There is a yellow streak in the middle of shot (2), did you notice that?
    thanks bro! I am still trying to improve my technique and composition.

    The background is my wall... another word, my wall is very dirty... well u know, I move back not too long ago. haha

    I was thinking whether to set shooting tent or not, i didnt set, I am lazy and tired after 1 long day.however, I will prefer background to be black if possible.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  15. #15

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    thanks bro! I am still trying to improve my technique and composition.

    The background is my wall... another word, my wall is very dirty... well u know, I move back not too long ago. haha

    I was thinking whether to set shooting tent or not, i didnt set, I am lazy and tired after 1 long day.however, I will prefer background to be black if possible.
    Camera no dirt, but wall got dirt... hope Olympus make wall paint in future... heehee... just kidding bro...

    Composition really have nothing much to complain... you are nailing it, the lighting on (2), like I said, was spot on... I think it is well shot.

    A light tent might not work in the case of you wanting to shoot such "dark" subjects... so it all depends on the subject and choosing the background.

  16. #16
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    thank bro!

    will shoot more and share more.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  17. #17
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Happy Birthday Bro!
    27 May 2009


    Shot taken during a small celebration of a very good friend.

    System used
    E3 with 12-60mm





    Cheers!



    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  18. #18
    Member adrewine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    1,694

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Image deleted due to wrong section posting
    Last edited by adrewine; 4th June 2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Posted on the wrong section

  19. #19
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!


    An Ostrich
    Shot taken with E-510 + 70-300mm lens


    Exposure time: 1/80 sec
    ISO: 200
    F-stop: F/5
    Mode: Shutter Priority

    Why I shot this:
    I saw it in a position that it is looking somewhere else. I think that it is a nice angle, that's why.
    Last edited by shaoken; 5th June 2009 at 08:24 AM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: [ 4/3 and m43 images ] - Show Your Blues, Greens and Reds!

    Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post


    "Talk to me"

    Camera : E-30
    Lens : 7-14mm
    Shot setting : Aperture Priority Mode

    Why I shot this?
    - I have always liked hard simple lines. Something about them that relays the feeling of strength and coldness that is attractive to me. But shooting them head on is not aesthetically nice in this particular setting because there was only one column of post boxes (small housing estate), so I decided to take a 3/4 angled view instead. With the ultra wide 7-14mm's perspective distortion, it sort of made the simple post box "larger than life".

    Also, considering that the 7-14mm bends a lot of light information into the sensor, I knew that I could push the "grit" by increasing contrast without sacrificing the details in the shadows and can bring out an intensity of the simple object. A more rustic feel was achieved by doing so in post production.

    The RAW image was processed in Silkypix RAW developer to 16 bit TIFF and pushing for a further 2 stops of Dynamic Range Extension, I push the contrast in Photoshop and cleaned up some parts of the image that was "not pretty" to achieve this image.

    That's a great looking image. Hard work pays off tremendously!

Page 1 of 22 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •