Thread: locations for a Wong Kar Wei Inspired In The Mood For Love shoot

Default locations for a Wong Kar Wei Inspired In The Mood For Love shoot

Hey friends! Anyone has any ideas to help me? I need to find a few locations that I can shoot a In the Mood for Love style of old school "hk cafes", red curtains, plush hotels in a 60s-70s era in Singapore?

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: locations for a Wong Kar Wei Inspired In The Mood For Love shoot

can anyone help

Reminds me of toastbox and food of republic.

Try Malaysia? some small town in Johor state probably? Need some 'modification', perhaps....
    Just 2 cents...

i dun mind Malaysia, but any exact location that you can share? thanks so much guys!

Theres this gay pub ay Tanjong Pagar with kindda these decor, wedding photographers like to shoot there. Dont know the name, perhaps someone else can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Theres this gay pub ay Tanjong Pagar with kindda these decor, wedding photographers like to shoot there. Dont know the name, perhaps someone else can help with that.
    I thought Scarlet hotel near Tajong Pagar and the stretch of road across Bugis Junction (opposite Mos Burger)will come close

Blog Entries

if you're not trying to replicate HK in Singapore, might i suggest a couple of the nonya cafes and/or restauraunts in Katong

Malacca should be great too

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    if you're not trying to replicate HK in Singapore, might i suggest a couple of the nonya cafes and/or restauraunts in Katong

Malacca should be great too
    That's true. There's this "stuck in 60s" toast & cup cake b'fast kopitiam next to a church in Katong; opp 5 star chicken rice. Not sure if they allow you photography though. Otherwise, Emerald Hill or Duxton Hill area.

Leang Seah street area might be fine as well. Next to Raffles Hotel.

In Malacca, you can try the "new" Majestic hotel. A restored mansion.

You can drop by any small towns in Johor to recce, most will have those pre-war to 70s style kopitiams.