Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac book or macbook pro?

Default Re: Mac book or macbook pro?

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    hahaha, we can never have enough, do we. I concur on hooking it up to a table screen & asked the salesman to throw in a VGA/DVI cable for me. The Mcbook I'm after has the nightglow keyboard as well but I didn't know we can choose which graphic card to operate while operating PS???

Initially, I wanted to have two OS in it but realised that I only use Office, skype & PShop so it might not be necessary.

Noob questions.

1) I was told that you never need to update patches & have anti-virus in Mac? If that's true, then u guys are saving a lot of time & $!

2) Where is the icon to "safely remove external hardwares/drives" in Mac? Or do u just unplug them?

I've tried Mac's OS & getting a hand in it, it's quite straight forward but will need more time to learn how to go into the registry to check on files like how we would do in windows. My regret now is I've sold my Iphone & Ipod
    1) When exchanging files with other Mac users, anti-virus applications are not really necessary. There are a handful of exploits, but all require permission to be used. Now, if you're exchanging files with Windows users, you might want to consider Intego VirusBarrier and there is even a version that you can use with Windows on the same machine.

Software Update can run automatically or you can run it manually to check for, download, and install updates.

2) On the laptop computers, you can two finger click to right-click on any drive icon on the desktop or click the eject button next to a drive in the sidebar.

By the way, there is no Registry and preference files rarely are corrupted. As has been said OpenOffice is a substitute for Microsoft Office but NeoOffice is a better version of OpenOffice.

You can choose the MacBook Pro graphics card but I believe it still requires a re-boot. The MacBook itself doesn't have two.

TS,

After installing/removing apps, or after a software update, you might want to run Disk Utility and "repair permission". Press CMD+spacebar and type "Disk utility" and hit the Enter key. That should start the application/program.
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post

Noob questions.

1) I was told that you never need to update patches & have anti-virus in Mac? If that's true, then u guys are saving a lot of time & $!

...:
    Mac's still require update patches, latest security update was around 150 MB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12