Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hokkien Fried Noodles KL style - where to get this in Singapore...?

Default Hokkien Fried Noodles KL style - where to get this in Singapore...?

This is a picture of Hokkien fried noodle not taken by me, but just want to know where can I find such Hokkien fried noodle in Singapore?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hokkien Fried Noodles KL style - where to get this in Singapore...?

the coffee shop in punggol has it, i believe all the master crab group has them

Killiney at Seah Street has it.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Smile Re: Hokkien Fried Noodles KL style - where to get this in Singapore...?

according to malaysian actress yeo yann yann, this dish cannot be found in spore. only in malaysia.

Blog Entries

most of the cooks in spore are malaysian

You can go Farm mart. I ate there before
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Best answer...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    according to malaysian actress yeo yann yann, this dish cannot be found in spore. only in malaysia.
    yeah, i believe so. i have been searching for it for the past 10 years and still haven't found what i have been looking for.

but these malaysian cooks do not fry like how they used to fry back in malaysia. maybe to suit the local taste? i have tried asking some of these cooks to fry the malaysian style but the end result is never like any of those i have tried back in KL.

Blog Entries

in KL, across the road from sungei wang?

want that particular taste, must go back there to eat
    every cook does it a little differently

even all the char kuay teow in singapore is different from each other

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    This is a picture of Hokkien fried noodle not taken by me, but just want to know where can I find such Hokkien fried noodle in Singapore?

Thanks.
    There is one selling near Buangkok MRT, can't remember the stall name though.

100% Malaysian style of cooking and taste.
    Oily but tasty and delicious.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

I miss the one at KL "chee cheong kai"

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    loh shi fun... food....
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Its charcoal fried and I remembered if u "ta bao", it is wrap with banana leaf...

in KL, across the road from sungei wang?

want that particular taste, must go back there to eat
    every cook does it a little differently

even all the char kuay teow in singapore is different from each other
    you mean jalan ah lor? heaven for food lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine71 View Post
    Its charcoal fried and I remembered if u "ta bao", it is wrap with banana leaf...
    the one in KL chinatown is super famous. always have customers in the queue waiting.
    Last edited by wee_ly; 28th May 2009 at 09:54 AM.

can try cook at home...go pasar buy bring abck cook..

Quote Originally Posted by johnn View Post
    can try cook at home...go pasar buy bring abck cook..
    you have the recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    you have the recipe?
    The best ones are not fried, but "mun" (braise in Canto).

The secret ingredient is a type of fish called "zor hou yee" (side-mouth fish in Canto). The fish's mouth is on the side.
    They fry the fish, then grate it into a powder. Mixed into the noodle when they "mun" the noodles with the other sauces. Gives it that sweet sweet taste.

The best I've tasted was a shop in my hometown of Kepong KL but the owner has retired. The ones in Jalan Pahang cannot match him.

bro wee_ly, if you managed to find the stall that fries the KL-styled hokkien mee, let me know. i wanna go eat it too. missed it quite a bit after returning from KL. we can go together one of these days.

the oilier and blacker... the better

and the noodles must be those thick and fat yellow noodles... yummy
    Last edited by mohgui; 28th May 2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    bro wee_ly, if you managed to find the stall that fries the KL-styled hokkien mee, let me know. i wanna go eat it too. missed it quite a bit after returning from KL. we can go together one of these days.

come JB lah!!! near my place got 1 not so bad (KL stye), but definately cannot match with KL one....

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    The best ones are not fried, but "mun" (braise in Canto).

The secret ingredient is a type of fish called "zor hou yee" (side-mouth fish in Canto). The fish's mouth is on the side.
    They fry the fish, then grate it into a powder. Mixed into the noodle when they "mun" the noodles with the other sauces. Gives it that sweet sweet taste.

The best I've tasted was a shop in my hometown of Kepong KL but the owner has retired. The ones in Jalan Pahang cannot match him.
    sounds interesting. i normally eat those in SS2 PJ and some of those in KL city behind the back lane. where is Jalan Pahang? i'm not good with names of the streets but roughly know if you name me some landmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

ok, will keep you posted. i plan to try some of those places recommended by our bros over here. i have tried a couple over in sg (even verified with the staffs if the frying style was similar to the KL ones and they replied 'yes' before placing of order) but when the noodle was served, it was never the same like those found in KL / PJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine71 View Post
    come JB lah!!! near my place got 1 not so bad (KL stye), but definately cannot match with KL one....
    which part of JB, bro? i'm not familiar with JB. only know how to get to immigration and them show my cute face, walk around city plaza and that is about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast