Thread: D60 stopping production?!!

Default D60 stopping production?!!

Hi there all, would like to ask if the Nikon D60 is really stopping production as I heard some rumours around.

Opinions and clarification please!!

Default Re: D60 stopping production?!!

most likely it will stop production as D5000 is out...
    Nikon D60|D7000|MB-D11|18-55VR|18-105VR|55-200VR|50 F1.8|Di866
    http://**********/u2jTNE

Yes, it's true. It's been confirmed on other forums and by the resellers I know.

It's an old camera already (1.5 years). Sony will be stoppiong the production of the D60's sensor to focus on newer sensors. A replacement is coming soon.
    Alpha

Anyone know where I still can get stock in 2 months cause I'm still saving up? ((((

Or any shop that does payment by installments. (((

Quote Originally Posted by tsuperman-ed View Post
    Anyone know where I still can get stock in 2 months cause I'm still saving up? ((((

Why bother for the D60 when there are better, more full-featured camera bodies at a cheaper price?

If you rush to buy now, you'll be on here in 2 months complaining "oh, why didn't I wait?!?!"

Alpha

Many shops like courts accept installments. But personally, i think installments are not worth it.

Even as production stops, many stores will still have some stock.
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why bother for the D60 when there are better, more full-featured camera bodies at a cheaper price?

If you rush to buy now, you'll be on here in 2 months complaining "oh, why didn't I wait?!?!"

May I ask if you have any recommendations for me? I'm not that pro yet, thus aiming for D60.
    Any other cameras for me to research on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

I agree with Rashkae.
    Why want to get a D60 when there are models like D80 or D90 in the market?

I may not be a Nikon user but I think it's being realistic by buying a newer camera with it's price dropping to what a D60 costs.

May I ask if you have any recommendations for me? I'm not that pro yet, thus aiming for D60.
    Any other cameras for me to research on?
    Do you know the limitations of the D60, such as only 3 AF points, not in-body AF motor, etc?

If you're settled on the Nikon camp, the D80 and D90 are far better options.

But for even less money, you can get a Sony A200/A300, which will give you 9AF points, AF with all lenses, and in-body image stabilization. And it's the same sensor as the D60.

That being said, much like the D60, the A200 is being replaced by the A230 soon. In other words, buying a camera just before the replacements are coming is not a good idea.
    Alpha

Why not get the D5000? If you still insist on the D60 because you're not that "pro" yet, might as well try the D40.

Hi TS,

I would recommend you either go for the D90 or D5000. You won't regret.
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Why not get the D5000? If you still insist on the D60 because you're not that "pro" yet, might as well try the D40.
    Yup you'll be saving about $200 by getting the D40 over D60 if you're bent on the D60, and honestly I don't think you'll lose anything (and in fact gain a faster flash sync speed, useful in daylight fill flashing). Could use the money saved to get an on-camera flash for bounce light
    I need to cultivate my artistic eye!

Do not need to worry about stocks for the D60, i am sure there still be stocks ard singapore when you are ready to get it.
    Why worry when the D40x new can even be found in some shops.

Do not need to worry about stocks for the D60, i am sure there still be stocks ard singapore when you are ready to get it.
    Why worry when the D40x new can even be found in some shops.
    Totally agree...The discontinuation of the D60 is inevitable but why worry since stocks won't run out so soon?I've seen brand new D200s at shops even late last year (1 year after discontinued)