Thread: [Question] Need help identifying this dry cabinet (Akarui), lost keys

Question [Question] Need help identifying this dry cabinet (Akarui), lost keys

I have this Akarui dry cabinet without its keys, and would like to identify it before going down to CP to buy the replacement keys (for $15). Don't want to end up buying keys for the wrong model!

The dimensions (WxHxD) are 40x55x41cm, not too sure about the weight.

I could not find any form of sticker/tag on the entire surface of the dry cabinet Does anyone have this particular model of Akarui's dry cabinets?

Any help most appreciated, thanks!
    I need to cultivate my artistic eye!

Default Re: [Question] Need help identifying this dry cabinet (Akarui), lost keys

What matters the most are the small numbers engraved on the lock itself. That's the key code.
    Alpha

Default Re: [Question] Need help identifying this dry cabinet (Akarui), lost keys

You mean engraved on the key or lock?

I could not find any numbers there.

Take a photo and go down to cathay. I bought a set of replacement keys from them(marina branch) the last time i lost mine.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Thanks chanxj.

What was the model of your dry cabinet? Is it one of the newer models?

I'm just afraid that they do not have keys for the older models, and I don't want to make a wasted trip. CP isn't very responsive to my emails with pictures enquiring about the above issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel0ng View Post
    Thanks chanxj.

What was the model of your dry cabinet? Is it one of the newer models?

I'm just afraid that they do not have keys for the older models, and I don't want to make a wasted trip. CP isn't very responsive to my emails with pictures enquiring about the above issue too.
    There's a letter on the lock. "A". That' should be the pattern code, and be the guide to the matching key you'll need.
    Alpha

Mine was bought abt 4-5 yrs ago i suppose.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    There's a letter on the lock. "A". That' should be the pattern code, and be the guide to the matching key you'll need.
    Ah.

I thought that "A" was pointing towards the hole to tell me to insert the key there
    Me and my naive thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    Mine was bought abt 4-5 yrs ago i suppose.
    I think this cabinet is at least 10 years old, and it contains cameras that don't look like the modern cameras (those boxy kind).

---

I've been offered help by a kind soul to try out his keys to a similar Akarui dry cabinet. Will update on the progress here in due time!

Force in a flat head screw driver and turn it hard. That should break open the lock without breaking the glass.

a small scissors will unlock the cabinet without any hassle. i've been using this method when i'm lazy to get my keys from another room

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    Force in a flat head screw driver and turn it hard. That should break open the lock without breaking the glass.
    I would follow this, or even break the glass if I wasn't considering using the cabinet after that Thing is, I'm still going to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    a small scissors will unlock the cabinet without any hassle. i've been using this method when i'm lazy to get my keys from another room
    Sounds like those credit card sliding tricks I see in the movies! But how do you do it?

just take a pair of small scissors, open it up, and put one end into the keyhold. fiddle around with the depth at which you insert the scissors (vary the amount in which you press against the pin inside)

it only took me around 1min to turn the lock with a small scissors
    eat. drink. shoot

I did it!

Opened the cabinet with those small screwdrivers used for computers, and with a DVD drive ejector (that L-shaped metal thing).

It's fun looking through a cabinet with cameras older than you are

Now, the problem is how to lock it back!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel0ng View Post
    I did it!

Opened the cabinet with those small screwdrivers used for computers, and with a DVD drive ejector (that L-shaped metal thing).

It's fun looking through a cabinet with cameras older than you are

Now, the problem is how to lock it back!
    same way u unlocked it..
    eat. drink. shoot

Can't seem to do it -_-

My fears was I could not close the cabinet without locking it, but I didn't know that there was a magnetic strip on the door. I think that in the circumstances, I wouldn't need the keys to the cabinet since I'll be leaving it unlocked at home.

Thanks for all the responses and help!
    Even learnt how to pick a lock from +evenstar

Thread closed.