Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Pentax - Season I

Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    You've done... the right thing. Got it from Adorama or B&H, or elsewhere? I'm still waiting for mine...
    Bought it used off Pentaxforums for US$1325, roughly same price as in shops in SG. The asking price for new K-5 is still ridiculously high in the US

Hello everybody!

A few shots of my pentax equipment

All of them is k-5 and Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 (pictures taken from pentx k-x + DA35mm f/2.4)

Nice
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by philip100 View Post
    Hello everybody!

A few shots of my pentax equipment

All of them is k-5 and Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 (pictures taken from pentx k-x + DA35mm f/2.4)
    Last pic is nice. But for the rest of the pics, you need to clean off the dust specks, either on the product itself or PP, I prefer the former. Product shooting requires lots of care and attention to details.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

FA Limited Obsession!

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    FA Limited Obsession!
    The FA77 F1.8 Limited? Finally !!
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Finally! My wait is over!
    Battery still charging but can use as a model first.

My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Sweet. I am also very tempted by the darkside, all this while i have been telling myself that i don't need it. argh.
    Visit me on Flickr!

wahhhhhh congrats! another K20D upgrader!

Congrats. Another ungrader.

Quote Originally Posted by wilb87 View Post
    Sweet. I am also very tempted by the darkside, all this while i have been telling myself that i don't need it. argh.
    Aren't you already a member of the darkside?

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    wahhhhhh congrats! another K20D upgrader!
    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Congrats. Another ungrader.
    Thanks, I'm just very happy that it has arrived.

Wow! Congrats! AH...
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Aren't you already a member of the darkside?
    Nope i am not, a K-r user. Guess i will wait for the next flagship model of Pentax in don't know how many years time, unless i spot some real good deals, just can't afford it now after i invested in a tammy 28-75 and flash yesterday $.$ Also i am using a hadley small, so a K-r fits in just nice with an extra lens or an extra flash. resist!

pardon me for asking as i made teh switch to K-r like less than half a year ago, why did pentax chose to put a AF/MF switch on the DA*16-50 lens. With the switch at the body and also the quickshift feature, it seem quite redundent to me. Any purpose to it? thanks
    Visit me on Flickr!

Nope i am not, a K-r user. Guess i will wait for the next flagship model of Pentax in don't know how many years time, unless i spot some real good deals, just can't afford it now after i invested in a tammy 28-75 and flash yesterday $.$ Also i am using a hadley small, so a K-r fits in just nice with an extra lens or an extra flash. resist!

pardon me for asking as i made teh switch to K-r like less than half a year ago, why did pentax chose to put a AF/MF switch on the DA*16-50 lens. With the switch at the body and also the quickshift feature, it seem quite redundent to me. Any purpose to it? thanks
    the rest of the gear, i can understand but a hadley? no wonder u have no money to upgrade thats one thing i can never bring myself to buy.

i believe the switch is to dis-engage the SDM motor. iirc, all lenses with lens motors have it. not just pentax. i used to have the sigma 18-125 HSM and it had the switch too.

oh i see. thanks for explaining. been using a P&S and mirrorless before this. All my lenses including the current lenses didn't have it. Learnt some new things.
    Visit me on Flickr!

Assuming you have turned on catch-in-focus in the custom function menu, when you use the AF/MF switch on the lens, the camera will still remain in focus priority mode and the shutter will only release when something is in focus.

When you switch the AF.S/AF.C/M switch on the body to M, the body will go to shutter priority - i.e. it will fire irregardless whether anything is in focus.

*double post, what is wrong with the forums!
    Last edited by CorneliusK; 8th March 2011 at 02:43 AM.

I didn't think there was such a specific definition of "darkside" that limits it to the flagship camera, I thought as long as you're using Pentax can already (in fact, I thought it initially was used by Nikon )... anyway, I've never used this term myself except this time, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't know why Pentax chose to put a AF/MF switch on the DA* lenses, it's redundant like you said... But I do find it more convenient to use than the switch on the body, so I'm happy treating it as a little bonus for buying/using * lenses.

I don't know why Pentax chose to put a AF/MF switch on the DA* lenses, it's redundant like you said... But I do find it more convenient to use than the switch on the body, so I'm happy treating it as a little bonus for buying/using * lenses.
    Perhaps the AF/MF is for swtiching to MF mode when the lens is not in used (dismount from body) to avoid engaging the SDM in case turning the focus ring.
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Perhaps the AF/MF is for swtiching to MF mode when the lens is not in used (dismount from body) to avoid engaging the SDM in case turning the focus ring.
    This should be something that's already taken care of by the quick-shift focusing mechanism. I think.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast