Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1004

Thread: Show us your Pentax - Season I

  1. #501

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    The lens look very mint, how much it cost ya?
    Hi, I think I got it at $90 couple of months back. It's indeed mint if not for the little speck of dust in the lens
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  2. #502

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Likely my final lens purchase.
    Had deliberated over this one for a long time. It was always a choice of a more versatile Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8, a SDM/WR DA*200, a venerable and legendary FA*80-200/2.8 or this one :



    I guess my experience with Sigma screwed up the options of getting an overseas 70-200. The FA*80-200 is just off my budget and a heavy lens to rely on taking out more often. As a sucker for older glass, I opted for the FA* over the DA*

  3. #503
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Likely my final lens purchase.
    Had deliberated over this one for a long time. It was always a choice of a more versatile Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8, a SDM/WR DA*200, a venerable and legendary FA*80-200/2.8 or this one :



    I guess my experience with Sigma screwed up the options of getting an overseas 70-200. The FA*80-200 is just off my budget and a heavy lens to rely on taking out more often. As a sucker for older glass, I opted for the FA* over the DA*
    Good buy. This is one lens I was considering buying too. But can't really justify. Matches well with your FA*85 too. <;
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  4. #504
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Likely my final lens purchase.
    Had deliberated over this one for a long time. It was always a choice of a more versatile Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8, a SDM/WR DA*200, a venerable and legendary FA*80-200/2.8 or this one :



    I guess my experience with Sigma screwed up the options of getting an overseas 70-200. The FA*80-200 is just off my budget and a heavy lens to rely on taking out more often. As a sucker for older glass, I opted for the FA* over the DA*
    You bought from Matsuiya?
    They have 2 copies FA*200 and 1 was sold a few days ago.
    Pentax for Life

  5. #505
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Likely my final lens purchase.
    Had deliberated over this one for a long time. It was always a choice of a more versatile Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8, a SDM/WR DA*200, a venerable and legendary FA*80-200/2.8 or this one :



    I guess my experience with Sigma screwed up the options of getting an overseas 70-200. The FA*80-200 is just off my budget and a heavy lens to rely on taking out more often. As a sucker for older glass, I opted for the FA* over the DA*
    Wow! really good lens,congrats bro.
    this one X,more then 2K right??
    PENTAX l OldKMan

  6. #506

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Likely my final lens purchase.
    Had deliberated over this one for a long time. It was always a choice of a more versatile Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8, a SDM/WR DA*200, a venerable and legendary FA*80-200/2.8 or this one :



    I guess my experience with Sigma screwed up the options of getting an overseas 70-200. The FA*80-200 is just off my budget and a heavy lens to rely on taking out more often. As a sucker for older glass, I opted for the FA* over the DA*
    What a beauty! Congrats on the new lens

  7. #507
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Congrats on the new lens.
    Would be nice if you can do a head to head test with say the 50-200 WR sometime down the road.

  8. #508

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Good buy. This is one lens I was considering buying too. But can't really justify. Matches well with your FA*85 too. <;
    Thanks man! This one looks better with the "PENTAX" on the hood. Maybe I should get decal lettering to paste on my FA*% hood as well

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    You bought from Matsuiya?
    They have 2 copies FA*200 and 1 was sold a few days ago.
    Righty! I was actually led there via a post about an A*300/2.8 on PentaxForums. So I looked at what else he had and 'fate' led me to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Wow! really good lens,congrats bro.
    this one X,more then 2K right??
    Not so much it was a really good price that was hard to pass up.

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    What a beauty! Congrats on the new lens
    I'm actually quite stunned by its condition. Its basically new!


    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Congrats on the new lens.
    Would be nice if you can do a head to head test with say the 50-200 WR sometime down the road.
    Thanks!
    Certainly. We really should have one of those shoot outs every outing. Sometimes I wish I never sold my Sigma 28-200 and DA 55-300 just so to answer to many questions popping up on those 2 lenses.
    I do suspect the the 50-200 will be quite comparable at 200mm except that it will be f5.6 vs the FA*at f2.8.

  9. #509
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Righty! I was actually led there via a post about an A*300/2.8 on PentaxForums. So I looked at what else he had and 'fate' led me to it.

    Not so much it was a really good price that was hard to pass up. I'm actually quite stunned by its condition. Its basically new!
    The A*300/2.8 was sold.
    The price you paid for the FA*200 was slighly lower than the other copy and it's amazing yours is basically new.
    Pentax for Life

  10. #510
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    The A*300/2.8 was sold.
    The price you paid for the FA*200 was slighly lower than the other copy and it's amazing yours is basically new.
    2 copies, the more ex 1 is describe as no dust, JK copy is describe as a few dust...

    to me no difference... 2nd lens with no dust is just simply impossible unless the lens has never been used b4... even new lens got some dust inside if inspect closely...

    so if no dust im guessing the lens was service b4... which means open b4... whether its a good think or not i dunno...

    anyway i would have bought JK's copy if i were to choose... but not on my wanted list yet even though this lens was on my watching list in ebay for some time liao... but the more ex 1 is still on my watching list...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  11. #511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    ok just logged into my ebay... the more ex 1 is also gone...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  12. #512

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    2 copies, the more ex 1 is describe as no dust, JK copy is describe as a few dust...

    to me no difference... 2nd lens with no dust is just simply impossible unless the lens has never been used b4... even new lens got some dust inside if inspect closely...

    so if no dust im guessing the lens was service b4... which means open b4... whether its a good think or not i dunno...

    anyway i would have bought JK's copy if i were to choose... but not on my wanted list yet even though this lens was on my watching list in ebay for some time liao... but the more ex 1 is still on my watching list...
    It looked clean enough on the pictures, and it looks clean enough on my own inspection.
    Went for this one on the same reasoning as you mentioned (bit of dust just can't be avoided).

  13. #513
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Wah you all very on monitoring Pentax eBay listings. Must have got big mid-year bonus already.

  14. #514
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Wah you all very on monitoring Pentax eBay listings. Must have got big mid-year bonus already.
    Stop mentioning bonuses already leh... Me only poor proletariat.

    Can only afford to do DIY. In the works, DIY beauty dish and plunger-baby.

    And grats' to JK for the acquisition. It's a beauty.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  15. #515
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    2 copies, the more ex 1 is describe as no dust, JK copy is describe as a few dust...

    to me no difference... 2nd lens with no dust is just simply impossible unless the lens has never been used b4... even new lens got some dust inside if inspect closely...

    so if no dust im guessing the lens was service b4... which means open b4... whether its a good think or not i dunno...

    anyway i would have bought JK's copy if i were to choose... but not on my wanted list yet even though this lens was on my watching list in ebay for some time liao... but the more ex 1 is still on my watching list...
    The listing stated "barrel is clean" and it's our assumption the lens hardly used or open b4.
    Pentax for Life

  16. #516
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    ok just logged into my ebay... the more ex 1 is also gone...
    Same here, I could not find it anymore.
    Almost poisoned by JK.
    Pentax for Life

  17. #517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Same here, I could not find it anymore.
    Almost poisoned by JK.
    FA*200mm pops up quite often.... think there are many mint copies in japan...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  18. #518

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Stop mentioning bonuses already leh... Me only poor proletariat.

    Can only afford to do DIY. In the works, DIY beauty dish and plunger-baby.

    And grats' to JK for the acquisition. It's a beauty.
    Yeah, proletarians never get bonuses.
    I've never in my working life got a bonus; while the garmen keep using my money to hand them out




    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Same here, I could not find it anymore.
    Almost poisoned by JK.
    Yuh! Cannot be right? You don't have this lens?
    It seems you have everything. Looking for 2nd copy is it?

    The price was just too attractive and I just lacked a f2.8 telephoto for indoor use. Looking at doing some YOG 'participation', so need to get prepared.

  19. #519

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Yeah, proletarians never get bonuses.
    I've never in my working life got a bonus; while the garmen keep using my money to hand them out

    .
    Nice acquisition that you made...

    Never got a bonus...wow. You can compile a list of companies not to work for..

  20. #520
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Show us your Pentax...

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    FA*200mm pops up quite often.... think there are many mint copies in japan...
    The prices of some from HK & China are higher and cosmetic condition not as good as JK's.
    Pentax for Life

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •