Thread: clamp stand

Default clamp stand

hi all,

i am new to this community, just started on photography. could u help me with a piece of accesory that i need for my line of work?

i need a stand for my canon with a clamp to be used to clamp it to a table or ledge for stable operation? thks.

You cannot use tripod in your line of work?

I use Manfrotto superclamp, very wide jaws and indeed useful.

can add any stand with a camera mount thread to the clamp

Default where to buy?

thks for the response, darr, where can i get this clamp? CP? a tripod is not stable enough in a moving vehicle and yes, i use a video as well. whilst u are reading this, any forum in spore for video cam hobbyists? thks again.

CP have it, but it's not placed inside the main store, it's kept in their lighting division (it's at the rear of the building), so some of the staff may not know they have it in stock or even have it!

I always approach the kind lady Florence, dont think she still remember me, so long never go there.... but she's very helpful, if she don't know (almost never) she will direct to someone who does. If you do go there, maybe ask she still remember Darren onot...the guy studying in NTU...last thing I bought there was the Nikon LS2000

I got the Manfrotto catalogue with me...these are what I found applicable for in-vehicle mounting:
    1) Car Window Pod....though i dont relish the idea on clamping to the glass...
    2) Camera Suction Mount....i skeptical of their holding power, even though say can hold up to 3kg....

However I still favour the Superclamp for its versatility.

Dont mind can do me a favour? if you do go there can help me ask where the 454 Micro Positioning Plate is available, or special order if possible. I will be going there soon to get some tripod stuff....

as for local video forum.... so far none... overseas forum will be good enough, since there's not much need to find out prices for the very few accessories that we need....

Default wow!

well what can i say? that was very helpful, will ask her when i am there.

cheers.

jack

would something like this be useful?
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/digin...#fuji_photobox

Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, is offering a photo-taking support kit including a digital photo stand and a box...
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Default ehhhm,

thks for your response but i need a clamp to hold my dc/vcr to a stable surface to snap pix. actually, in an aircraft.