Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

i dont believe in technical learnings thru coach or teacher. I feel that self exploration is ideal.

Anyways, I'm going for the montage judging only.

I need a holiday, thinking of Desaru or Northern Malaysia island-hope Langkawi, Terengganu and Penang, should I?

I prefer the go out and shoot approach too

But the thing is, just shooting won't get anywhere. Must read up on photography books and look at better photographers' works too.

woot! first flu case confirmed in SG!
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuHendrabusa View Post

But the thing is, just shooting won't get anywhere. Must read up on photography books and look at better photographers' works too.
    so its shoot coupled with some theories acquired through self-read/learn.. hmm.
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    And you should be at it.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Why are you so happy about it?

You've misunderstood her feelings towards this case.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

mister hendra, never add me at flickr. Must look at my works, hahaha just kidding . :

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    You've misunderstood her feelings towards this case.
    Oh I did?

hai. its a released of pent up emotions la... not happy that it happened, but finally it came. was alllll waiting and expecting it to happen, all matter of time. especially at this times when crossing continents/states are just so frequent and easy.

expect more temp checks, recording of info when going public places. i guess best is stay at home and ask your family members stay at home also and oh, my work place is just next to TTSH
    Licence to shoot.

Oh I did?
    Yes you did.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

is it something true?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

so its shoot coupled with some theories acquired through self-read/learn.. hmm.
    Yeah, that's what I believe though. Because if you need to enrol in a school to learn, it just mean that you are not hungry enough for the knowledge in that subject, and expect spoon-feeding from the school.

May I add another one?
    Need a mentor too!
    Best will be a family member or a friend. In my case, my dad's my photography mentor

hai. its a released of pent up emotions la... not happy that it happened, but finally it came. was alllll waiting and expecting it to happen, all matter of time. especially at this times when crossing continents/states are just so frequent and easy.

expect more temp checks, recording of info when going public places. i guess best is stay at home and ask your family members stay at home also and oh, my work place is just next to TTSH
    Yes I did misunderstand you.

Yeah I get what you mean, all the hype and we still see nothing. Now something tangible finally comes up

don't believe ah?

Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    is it something true?
    Straits Times
    May 27, 2009
    H1N1 FLU OUTBREAK
    S'pore reports 1st flu case
    By Lee Hui Chieh

The patient is currently being treated at the Communicable Disease Centre at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) and is in stable condition. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

SINGAPORE has reported its first patient infected with the new A(H1N1) flu strain.
    The patient, a 22-year-old Singaporean woman, had been in New York from May 14 to 24, and arrived here on Tuesday morning.

H1N1 spread in Asia
    Malaysia

Cases: 2, Deaths: 0
    ... more
    Advice from MOH
    SINGAPOREANS are reminded to maintain high standards of personal hygiene. This means covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough, and washing your hand frequently with soap and water, especially after contact with respiratory secretions (e.g., after sneezing and coughing).

We also need the cooperation of everyone to be socially responsible. This means staying home and avoiding crowded places (including trains, buses, offices), putting on a surgical mask and seeing a doctor if you have flu symptoms.
    ... more

While seated in row 55 on Singapore Airlines flight SQ25, she began to develop a cough, but she passed the thermal scanner at the airport later without being stopped, because she did not have a fever at the time.

Later that morning, she went to a general practitioner who decided to send her to Tan Tock Seng Hospital via the special ambulance service 993 meant for suspected Influenza A (H1N1) cases.

Laboratory test confirmed her infection at midnight on Tuesday.

The patient is being treated at the TTH Communicable Disease Centre and is in stable condition.

The Health Ministry said the patient has been vigilant in monitoring her condition and had sought immediate medical attention once she realised she was unwell.

"Her attending GP, through his quick response in activating the 993 ambulance for the patient, had also helped to minimise the spread of infection from this case," said a ministry statement.

The Health Ministry has begun contact tracing of those who have been in close contact with the patient.

They will be quarantined and given antivirals to prevent them from developing the disease.

The ministry asked passengers who had been seated in rows 52 to 58 on the same flight to call its hotline on 1800-333 9999, so that its officers can check on their health condition.

The Ministry has reminded all medical practitioners and healthcare institutions to continue to be vigilant to suspect cases.

Temperature screening for passengers entering Singapore at all checkpoints - land, sea and air - will continue.

All passengers passing through or entering Singapore are given Health Alert Notices on board their flights, advising them to monitor their own health if they have been to affected areas and to seek medical attention immediately if they are not well.
    Licence to shoot.

you learn faster when you actually go out on the field. Like OJT.

anyway my domke shipped!! should be here friday.

Yeah, that's what I believe though. Because if you need to enrol in a school to learn, it just mean that you are not hungry enough for the knowledge in that subject, and expect spoon-feeding from the school.

May I add another one?
    Need a mentor too!
    Best will be a family member or a friend. In my case, my dad's my photography mentor
    hmm. though i see enrolling in a school, spending those evenings in classes, paying quite a few hundreds to learn in aiding/starting your path towards a better photographer does shows you are also very much wanting to learn?

Do you believe one need to be "talented" to become a good photographer? Or through hard work, learning, shooting experiences can achieve?

hmm. interesting view you have here lehz.
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    you learn faster when you actually go out on the field. Like OJT.

anyway my domke shipped!! should be here friday.
    ic.. but usually these courses does include quite alot of outdoor practise and critics of photos?

wah liew.. do you need to say that domke word...............
    Licence to shoot.

hmm. though i see enrolling in a school, spending those evenings in classes, paying quite a few hundreds to learn in aiding/starting your path towards a better photographer does shows you are also very much wanting to learn?

Do you believe one need to be "talented" to become a good photographer? Or through hard work, learning, shooting experiences can achieve?

hmm. interesting view you have here lehz.
    both also no wrong, up to individual. If you have the cash to spare by all means go for classes etc. But everything can be found online/at the library etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    both also no wrong, up to individual. If you have the cash to spare by all means go for classes etc. But everything can be found online/at the library etc.
    orhz.. advice noted!
    Licence to shoot.