Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 984

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

  1. #361
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Yours coming soon right? I sensed a 70-200mm on the way....
    wad the main different between the 55-250 and the 70-200? why is the price gap so large?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  2. #362

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    wad the main different between the 55-250 and the 70-200? why is the price gap so large?
    Good question. Red rubber band vs no rubber band.

    70-200mm's quality is much superior than 55-250mm though range wise, it loses out.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  3. #363
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Good question. Red rubber band vs no rubber band.

    70-200mm's quality is much superior than 55-250mm though range wise, it loses out.
    i have been seeing this rubberband stuff. wad is it?

    just saw the price in the forum that the price for 70-200 is $1100... that can buy 3 of 55-250.
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  4. #364

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    wad the main different between the 55-250 and the 70-200? why is the price gap so large?
    it has a constant aperture of either f/4 or f/2.8 (price varies very much again!). you know what does a constant aperture does/means right?
    Licence to shoot.

  5. #365

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    i have been seeing this rubberband stuff. wad is it?

    just saw the price in the forum that the price for 70-200 is $1100... that can buy 3 of 55-250.
    "Rubber band" is just a term that we used to identify whether the lens is L or non-L. There will be a red ring at the front portion of the lens's body.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  6. #366

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    it has a constant aperture of either f/4 or f/2.8 (price varies very much again!). you know what does a constant aperture does/means right?
    There are non-L that has constant aperture too!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  7. #367

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    i have been seeing this rubberband stuff. wad is it?

    just saw the price in the forum that the price for 70-200 is $1100... that can buy 3 of 55-250.
    haa.. ok la, the red rubber band is Canon's L lenses - Luxuary, top line of lenses for Canon. Their superb optics, glass, vibrant colours, coupled with USM, constant aperture (mostly) are something people would lust for in these lenses. Of course, price differs again!
    Licence to shoot.

  8. #368

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    There are non-L that has constant aperture too!
    he asking about the 70-200 and 55-250 mah. thus the f/4 and f/2.8
    Licence to shoot.

  9. #369

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    he asking about the 70-200 and 55-250 mah. thus the f/4 and f/2.8
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  10. #370

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    haa.. ok la, the red rubber band is Canon's L lenses - Luxuary, top line of lenses for Canon. Their superb optics, glass, vibrant colours, coupled with USM, constant aperture (mostly) are something people would lust for in these lenses. Of course, price differs again!
    And xhui hungers for more too!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  11. #371
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    he asking about the 70-200 and 55-250 mah. thus the f/4 and f/2.8
    dun mind mi but is it the lower the F it higher the price?

    and wad the use of constant aperture?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  12. #372

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    dun mind mi but is it the lower the F it higher the price?

    and wad the use of constant aperture?
    the lower the f-stop number usually the higher price (fixed/constant aperture) - except for this lens: 50mm f/1.8 (excellent lens for keeps! its cheap too!! i think now slightly above $100) (google "bokeh")

    use of constant aperture ah.. hmm. eh.. very long to describe in details leh. why not you google "fixed aperture lens", quite a bit of stuffs you can read up. google how aperture, ISO, shutterspeed also relate to each other?

    photography, quite a bit to read up la
    Licence to shoot.

  13. #373

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    And xhui hungers for more too!
    hmm. can't deny that Its the no $ that's stopping me now.
    Licence to shoot.

  14. #374
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    the lower the f-stop number usually the higher price (fixed/constant aperture) - except for this lens: 50mm f/1.8 (excellent lens for keeps! its cheap too!! i think now slightly above $100) (google "bokeh")

    use of constant aperture ah.. hmm. eh.. very long to describe in details leh. why not you google "fixed aperture lens", quite a bit of stuffs you can read up. google how aperture, ISO, shutterspeed also relate to each other?

    photography, quite a bit to read up la
    lol... reading again.
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  15. #375
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Simply put.

    EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS... at 55mm is f4 and when zoom to 250mm, it become f5.6.

    EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM... at 70 is f2.8 and when zoom to 200mm, it is still f2.8.


    EF-S Lenses can only be mounted on xxD, xxxD and xxxxD series cameras (1.6x crop factor bodies)

    EF Lenses can be mounted on all bodies.

  16. #376
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Simply put.

    EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS... at 55mm is f4 and when zoom to 250mm, it become f5.6.

    EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM... at 70 is f2.8 and when zoom to 200mm, it is still f2.8.


    EF-S Lenses can only be mounted on xxD, xxxD and xxxxD series cameras (1.6x crop factor bodies)

    EF Lenses can be mounted on all bodies.
    this is much more easier to know...
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  17. #377

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    paiseh for the 'not easy' explainations shall try not to say too much, shall let the more experienced explain next time
    Last edited by xhui; 26th May 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Licence to shoot.

  18. #378
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    paiseh for the 'not easy' explainations shall try not to say too much, shall let the more experienced explain next time
    oh no.... dun say that... wahahahaha.... dun
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  19. #379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    paiseh for the 'not easy' explainations shall try not to say too much, shall let the more experienced explain next time
    It's ok. Share what you know. Everyone is learning mah. Hehe!

  20. #380
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    It's ok. Share what you know. Everyone is learning mah. Hehe!
    yeah i learning tooo.....
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •