Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad economy. How bad?

Default Bad economy. How bad?

Economy's bad. But how bad? Today I went to buy something in town. And went around too. One security guard said "Economy is bad and you're still spending?" Feel guilty now. HAHA.

Then saw 1 man, said he injured his leg. Then when my friend and I + 1 passerby talked to him. He said, "Mother 90 years old, I no job, I go interview but hurt my leg, now can't even work...etc etc. Help pay for my taxi, leg injured can't go home." Walked away, not sure real or fake cos can't see the injury. Maybe economy really bad that he's desperate, or just taking opportunity to rip people off.

So how bad it is right now?

Default Re: Bad economy. How bad?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Economy's bad. But how bad? Today I went to buy something in town. And went around too. One security guard said "Economy is bad and you're still spending?" Feel guilty now. HAHA.

Then saw 1 man, said he injured his leg. Then when my friend and I + 1 passerby talked to him. He said, "Mother 90 years old, I no job, I go interview but hurt my leg, now can't even work...etc etc. Help pay for my taxi, leg injured can't go home." Walked away, not sure real or fake cos can't see the injury. Maybe economy really bad that he's desperate, or just taking opportunity to rip people off.

did u went Suntec today ? saw the young crowd playing games.. it seems there is no recession

went to Croc's sale at Expo today and saw crowd of people, very very long queue like snake.. decided to go back home ... What recesion ar?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post

Last edited by JoeJerry; 23rd May 2009 at 10:14 PM.

economy is bad. the more you should spend.
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

have to help myself also

i work as retail and i see people buying $700+ worth of an eyewear item without sparing a single thought on the cost.. faint

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i work as retail and i see people buying $700+ worth of an eyewear item without sparing a single thought on the cost.. faint
    Well think the place you will see all these will be at Orchard. That's the only place not hit by recession

yea, exactly. i am still spending. but, i feel guilty spending in times like this... should stop.

my opinion?
    we should spend, to help the economy!!!
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    my opinion?
    we should spend, to help the economy!!!
    How I wish I have more clients like you Oh well, but I have to say, this is a good time to buy things at throw away price

We save money in non-recession times so that we can buy cheap stuff during a recession

right!
    everywhere is having sale.. but when i look at the date..
    now is only MAY!
    no more mid year / year end sale.. now is everyday SALE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantalize View Post
    How I wish I have more clients like you Oh well, but I have to say, this is a good time to buy things at throw away price
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJerry View Post
    went to Croc's sale at Expo today and saw crowd of people, very very long queue like snake.. decided to go back home ... What recesion ar?
    I felt the same like you, friend.

I went on Friday, a working day and saw, NOT A FEW, but many, actually have plastic bags full of Cros slides.

Good sign man.

Deregistered

This recession got me a part-time job, this recession made me learn about money management and this recession doesn't seem to affect my family that badly. Just some whines and cries from parents about price hike on sunday mornings, thats all.

still can't get a full-time job yet...
    going to be 1 month soon...sian

Join civil service. It's practically recession proof.

Cannot get rich (talking about the regular Joes, not the Superscale people!), but you won't go broke either.

I know of friends in the finance industry, and heck, even the photography industry. They actually have to worry about their next paycheck, if it will be coming or not. And when husband and wife both have their jobs on the line with kids at home to feed, the worry becomes very real.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

well what are they paying their things with? cash? nets? or credit cards?

i find that many locals with families cannot survive with a full-time job, mainly becos of the payment to the flat and children education ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    i find that many locals with families cannot survive with a full-time job, mainly becos of the payment to the flat and children education ...
    yea, both my parents self-employed.

do you know a diploma intern in denmark can get SGD3600 every month?

Quote Originally Posted by Agenda View Post
    yea, both my parents self-employed.

do you know a diploma intern in denmark can get SGD3600 every month?
    And garbage collectors in Germany are said to earn 5k a month. But cost of living and tax rates are also very high in Europe. Many people forget that when making this kind of comparison.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast