Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vietnam (Hanoi) - Any tips ?

Default Re: Vietnam (Hanoi) - Any tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Wow, then zuji's quote from travel viator is really expensive from what i saw itwas US180 for a 2d1N stay inclusive of transfer from hanoi, btw care to share your experience on the boat and in halong bay?
    sure...i just digged up e old thread http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466698

3hr ride from hanoi to halong city port....there's a short stop along e way at a pottery for a break. upon reachg the port, you will see that it is very touristy, plenty of junks and plenty of people, at least during winter when i visited.

the first day, we visited one of caves and a fishing mkt. the limestone caves are nothing special really while at e floating fishg market (small one), u can take a pick of e seafood and have the chef at the junk cook it for you. my advise is don't overspend because there is aldy lunch and dinner provided and for the package price of US$60, there's about 5 dishes plus rice. pretty good deal i'd say. other then that, my mates spent most of the time sleeping and playing cards. but but, it will be a photographers heaven. i think like most of the other photogs, will spend the entire day on the void deck snapping away. In winter, it will b pretty cold, so be prepared. so spent the night on board the junk and do bring along a tripod for night shots....quite beautiful.

wow. long post. but im glad to share my trip. 2nd day, visited cat ba island. the largest populated island i think. first thing they would bring you to this national park for hiking. i skipped that and we rented motorcycles to tour the island....US$6 bucks for the whole day. no need for drivers cert either. its great on e island bcos you r riding and there's hardly any traffic unlike in hanoi. went really far almost until hai phong. then, we stayed at this sun moon hotel, pretty comfy for budget. all meals provided. there are activities like kayaking to monkey island or you could spend your time at a nearby bar or tour the island on motorcycle or dig in to local road side pho...yum...i like this island, v relaxing.

3rd day went back to hanoi....and more short visits to caves on e way back. halong bay is beautiful....

what i enjoyed most was e weather considering how hot & humid singapore is, and for the price of US$60, i think its really good value. a package to sapa is also only abt US$90 if i recall. Anyway, hope the info's helpful. glad to provide more because i advocate hanoi haha. in hanoi there's also quite abit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    For taxi, if not wrong, there are 2 reliable operator. One is Meilin if not wrong, remember one is green and another is blue.
    My experience, to be safe, ask the hotel to call a taxi for you. Ask, and double confirm again it is a metered taxi. And ask again when board the taxi.
    From old quarters to the 'new town' area, like the one pillar pagoda, cost roughly 30000 VND if not wrong (about less then 2 USD)

Of course airport taxi is a different story.
    I'd recommend Mai Linh Taxi (sorry, Meilin is not correct); it's indeed a reliable one. You'll find it everywhere also.
    Last edited by Nngtran; 15th August 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Anyone keen to go during this period? Looking for travel buddy!

Tiger Air - $200 inclusive airport tax.

Sun, 4 Oct, 09

Sun, 11 Oct, 09

Hi guys

Just a quick question, how do I get to Hoi An from Hanoi? Via bus? how long would the ride be?

Read somewhere there the only way there would be via road by getting a taxi from the neighbouring city of Da Nang?

Need to go check out some guide books soon man

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Hi guys

Just a quick question, how do I get to Hoi An from Hanoi? Via bus? how long would the ride be?

Read somewhere there the only way there would be via road by getting a taxi from the neighbouring city of Da Nang?

Need to go check out some guide books soon man
    You can try flying to Hanoi. Costs around 30-50 USD 1 way.. Jetstar

I like cold weather so id think january would be best for me.

I want to go Hanoi again. But what else is there to see when I have done Sapa, Halong Bay, Catba island, temple tours ..... ?

I'm heading to Hanoi / Halong Bay / Sapa / Hoi An later this week.

Quite worried about the safety aspect for carrying my camera gear more than anything. What precautions should one take? I'll be carrying my gear in a backpack style bag (flipside 400) and with the cam and lens in hand obviously while shooting. Any tips on how not to get mugged!?

When you get to Hanoi visit West Lake and for great photos got to sofitel Plaza to the Panorama Bar > if you go in Happy Hour its 1 for 1 and you get great views over Hanoi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martywi...7616809268531/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martywi...7616809268531/

I am in Hanoi 11th October so if you want to meet up for shoot Pm me

Gash.. i didn't expect that 1 week in Sapa and Hanoi is still insufficient.

Planning to go with www.sinhcafevn.com

Need some advice:
    1. Should i skip Halong Bay to have a extra day in SAPA?

2. For the Sapa trip, any place I shouldn't miss?
    Bac Ha market?
    Cat Cat Village?

I like beautiful scenery

So I made it back in once piece :P

Full Set Here

Quote Originally Posted by thaBuzzed View Post
    So I made it back in once piece :P

Full Set Here
    Nice photos!!!! i went a bit later in OCT and the rice are all harvest...

a piece of advice for poeple going to Hanoi..

Perfume Pagoda is not a "MUST" to go. Tam Coc is much better and more interesting!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234