Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panoramic Stitching Software

Default Re: Panoramic Stitching Software

PTGui
    D60 | 35 f/1.8 | Primes only :)
    Founder of Revographers

Quote Originally Posted by Atucker View Post
    I have been happy with PTAssembler. Most of my panos can be stitched fully automatic. Or, if required, PTA allows picking control points manually. Other features allow importing previous stitch parameters for producing HDR or blended exposure panos. US$45.

active user forum: http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/
    a few of my PTA stitched panos:Panoholic
    Hello Atucker,

The PTAssembler looks like a powerful tool but is it difficult to use? Also does it work on Mac OS? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by since63 View Post
    Hello Atucker,

The PTAssembler looks like a powerful tool but is it difficult to use? Also does it work on Mac OS? Thanks.
    It does not work on a Mac.

Regarding difficulty, that is a relative question. In general, no it is not difficult for the more basic, automatic features. Consider downloading it and reading through the tutorial. The evaluation period is 30days with no limitations.

PTGUI, PTAssembler and Hugin started as front ends to Panotools, all using the Enblend, Smartblend and Autopano plugins. All have continued to evolve. Intially I tried all, settling on PTA at a lower cost than PTGUI, but just a good, at least for the panos that I produce. I have not looked back for several years so I am not aware of the current state of PTGUI and Hugin.

Happy stitching. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Atucker View Post
    It does not work on a Mac.

Regarding difficulty, that is a relative question. In general, no it is not difficult for the more basic, automatic features. Consider downloading it and reading through the tutorial. The evaluation period is 30days with no limitations.

PTGUI, PTAssembler and Hugin started as front ends to Panotools, all using the Enblend, Smartblend and Autopano plugins. All have continued to evolve. Intially I tried all, settling on PTA at a lower cost than PTGUI, but just a good, at least for the panos that I produce. I have not looked back for several years so I am not aware of the current state of PTGUI and Hugin.

Happy stitching. Tom
    Hello Tom,

Thanks for your feedback. Guess will have to try the demo version to find out. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12