Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 134

Thread: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Never heard of anyone using masking tapes to do panel lines before...you're welcome to try
    never heard doesn't mean cannot try mah... vince the multiple expert.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #62
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    get both the Type-D and Type-E
    i getting Type-E.

    i actually prefer Meteor Unit. i feel it looks more powerful. imagine, it is the main cannon on the Eternal.

    think peterpan showed me another model kit with even bigger cannon, but much more $$$.

    if collect 2 Meteor + Freedom + Justice, both GN Arms Type-D & E, pocket burn big hole liao.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  3. #63
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    I already said I wasn't an expert in scale modeling, and I don't understand why you need to repeat the bait over and over?

    Did I say you cannot try... DCA the "funny" moderator?

    Please do try and post your WIP and results *smiles *

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    never heard doesn't mean cannot try mah... vince the multiple expert.
    Last edited by vince123123; 22nd May 2009 at 09:27 AM.

  4. #64
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Please do try and post your WIP and results *smiles *
    now get peterpan to help me buy fine tip black and red gundam markers.

    just realized i didnt put in the laser beam from the main cannon in the photo. this thing is huge!!!

    think i will be cutting some plastic clear folder into "laser beam" for the 2 smaller outer cannons. cant decide on the color, main cannon one is red transparent plastic, maybe green for the outer cannon? but green and pink nice or not? should looks good lar, it is also green laser in the animation.

    should the inlet of the 2 big jumbo jet be black? any suggestions?
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd May 2009 at 09:42 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #65
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    does Meteor looks better with Freedom or Justice?

    go sleep liao, see u in 5hrs.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #66
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    I think most hobby shops have the gundam markers :P But the red bit, you said something about colouring a missile head? That doesn't seem like a job for a marker though, although I'm not quite sure how it looks like.

    Aesthetics wise I can't help you liaoz, cos I 'm not too familiar with the gundamn products or anime Maybe techniques I can still help a little with my limited experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    now get peterpan to help me buy fine tip black and red gundam markers.

    just realized i didnt put in the laser beam from the main cannon in the photo. this thing is huge!!!

    think i will be cutting some plastic clear folder into "laser beam" for the 2 smaller outer cannons. cant decide on the color, main cannon one is red transparent plastic, maybe green for the outer cannon? but green and pink nice or not? should looks good lar, it is also green laser in the animation.

    should the inlet of the 2 big jumbo jet be black? any suggestions?

  7. #67
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    hi vince

    http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2...-5/meteor1.jpg

    http://www.starshipmodeler.org/wfest2k6/v_twc_56.jpg

    u see the red dots? those are the missile head i am referring to. do u think a fine tip red marker is suitable for the job? is there a better way to color the heads?

    as it is now, right out of the box, the whole missile box is gray color, very flat and boring.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd May 2009 at 03:55 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  8. #68
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    hi vince

    http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2...-5/meteor1.jpg

    http://www.starshipmodeler.org/wfest2k6/v_twc_56.jpg

    u see the red dots? those are the missile head i am referring to. do u think a fine tip red marker is suitable for the job? is there a better way to color the heads?

    as it is now, right out of the box, the whole missile box is gray color, very flat and boring.
    Marker and paint gives different finish..but there's this tamiya paint markers that gives the same finish as good as paint..

    but once u started on paint, u start to build more models, and u will find urself missing out a lot more colors, and getting more paints..haha..evil cycle..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    hi vince

    http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2...-5/meteor1.jpg

    http://www.starshipmodeler.org/wfest2k6/v_twc_56.jpg

    u see the red dots? those are the missile head i am referring to. do u think a fine tip red marker is suitable for the job? is there a better way to color the heads?

    as it is now, right out of the box, the whole missile box is gray color, very flat and boring.
    u need metallic red, not just normal red marker which is not that reflective.

    for the afterburner, normally can get neon yellow or orange if you want.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #70
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u need metallic red, not just normal red marker which is not that reflective.

    for the afterburner, normally can get neon yellow or orange if you want.
    i just spoken to peterpan, neon paint can get from art friends, and maybe the metallic red. but does that means i need to do air bush? if like that, i need to dismantle the Meteor to spray right?

    sorry hor, newbie here.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd May 2009 at 05:42 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  11. #71
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Marker and paint gives different finish..but there's this tamiya paint markers that gives the same finish as good as paint..

    but once u started on paint, u start to build more models, and u will find urself missing out a lot more colors, and getting more paints..haha..evil cycle..
    tamiya paint means air brushing?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i just spoken to peterpan, neon paint can get from art friends, and maybe the metallic red. but does that means i need to do air bush?

    sorry hor, newbie here.
    well someone say cannot use airbrush with masking tape, so air brush is out... i wonder how the hell u going to spray those points with just airbrush.

    anyway, buy paint, use brush lor... remember to mask it before painting, but up to u if u wanna mask or not... my skills not good, so have to mask, paint, dry, remove, mask the painted area, then paint the other side.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    tamiya paint means air brushing?
    u like never airbrush before...

    u can use brush also lah... just the effect different. use brush will have lines, air brushing (if use properly, can have more even tone, or if you want a gradual tone also can.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #74
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u like never airbrush before...

    u can use brush also lah... just the effect different. use brush will have lines, air brushing (if use properly, can have more even tone, or if you want a gradual tone also can.
    is airbrush same as those spray in cans? i mean the way u use it.

    if yes, can those can spray paint be use on plastic? if can, than just buy those cans and masking tape lor.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd May 2009 at 06:11 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    is airbrush same as those spray in cans? i mean the way u use it.
    something like that, but u hold it like a pen. and more control.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    is airbrush same as those spray in cans? i mean the way u use it.

    if yes, can those can spray paint be use on plastic? if can, than just buy those cans and masking tape lor.
    u waste money sia... the spray can cannot go near, else sure blotch 1... then if you move away, its nice but you're wasting the paint cos of the spray area.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #77
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u waste money sia... the spray can cannot go near, else sure blotch 1... then if you move away, its nice but you're wasting the paint cos of the spray area.
    actually, i dont like the overall gray color, thinking of spray white to match the Freedom.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    I remember tamiya also came out with spray can type of paint but smaller in size. Maybe it might work? Anyway spray paint bound to lose alot of paint in order to get even coating

  19. #79
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    tamiya paint means air brushing?
    no..it's not airbrushing..

    Its a paint marker produce by Tamiya.

    Dun airbrush for ur first kit..its going to look nasty..haha..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    want practice get those $10+ kits can liao. heart not so pain
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •