Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 134

Thread: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

  1. #1
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Meteor Unit, it is alot bigger than i had imagined.




    The last time i did model kit (Yamato) was about 30years ago, in primary school.

    Finally decided to buy Meteor + Freedom few weeks back. But has been busy shooting + work. It took me 4.5hrs to assemble this guy. Too tired to continue with the Freedom.

    Dont know why they only have Meteor + Freedom, not Meteor + Justice. Only way to get the pair is to buy another set of Meteor + Freedom and a Justice. Than sell away the Freedom?

    Getting a GN Arms in TransArm mode next week.

    Dam, another $$$ hobby.
    Last edited by denniskee; 21st May 2009 at 04:22 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post


    Dont know why they only have Meteor + Freedom, not Meteor + Justice. Only way to get the pair is to buy another set of Meteor + Freedom and a Justice. Than sell away the Freedom?

    Getting a GN Arms in TransArm mode next week.
    POWER!!!!

    Do they jsut sell those FIXed one?

    hahahaha i know it sound not shiok if it not done by own.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  3. #3
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Hahha welcome to the club, I just picked up scale modelling too very recently

    You're still in your infancy, while I'm a baby :P After construction still got things like priming, painting etc! Lots more tools and stuffs to buy!

    #$$$$$$#

  4. #4
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Dennis, must be influenced by Peter Pan.

    I had stopped building amored core. The shop which I get the items had stopped selling and items are getting more expensive.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    too clean lah, time to dip into some ketchup or chilli sauce...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Is it just me or does that look like a really feminine fighter with muave PEEENKKK trims?

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hahha welcome to the club, I just picked up scale modelling too very recently

    You're still in your infancy, while I'm a baby :P After construction still got things like priming, painting etc! Lots more tools and stuffs to buy!

    #$$$$$$#
    hmm..y paint only after construction?

    i usually paint the individual parts before assembly..wasted so much money on the paints..so many different colors..always tempted to get airbrush equipment..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  8. #8
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    too clean lah, time to dip into some ketchup or chilli sauce...
    Go MacDonald to get some.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  9. #9
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    How cum got pink colour wans ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  10. #10

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Actually in the anime, it's more towards purple... =)

    I've been collecting Gundams for quite a while, but mainly the 1/144 pre-painted ones...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Dennis... so when you going to step into cosplay?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Dennis... so when you going to step into cosplay?
    OOU! Dennis in a sort sort skirt weef super HIGH slits!!!!!


  13. #13
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Dennis... so when you going to step into cosplay?
    Dennis in cosplay costume???? Hum.......ah.......
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    eh we cosplay tis...



    u guys know who denniskee can be liao rite.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    If you are constructing BANDAI kits, you can paint part by part if you want to, because the subassemblies can snap fit together.

    However, if you are doing military models (tanks, ships, planes), the usual process I understand it to be construction first, then painting and weathering later.

    But I'm still new at this, so maybe I can be wrong

    That said, you should get your AB as soon as possible -it helps a lot. I'm going to Taipei to get a couple of airbrushes and a compressor this June, at around 40% off the local prices here in SG (SG shops always sell quite overpriced hahah).

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    hmm..y paint only after construction?

    i usually paint the individual parts before assembly..wasted so much money on the paints..so many different colors..always tempted to get airbrush equipment..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    If you are constructing BANDAI kits, you can paint part by part if you want to, because the subassemblies can snap fit together.

    However, if you are doing military models (tanks, ships, planes), the usual process I understand it to be construction first, then painting and weathering later.

    But I'm still new at this, so maybe I can be wrong

    That said, you should get your AB as soon as possible -it helps a lot. I'm going to Taipei to get a couple of airbrushes and a compressor this June, at around 40% off the local prices here in SG (SG shops always sell quite overpriced hahah).
    depends, i find painting part by part is if the items are like gundam with more details on the exterior like grooves and such. each part may have multiple colors.

    for those smooth bodies, you'll have to fix then prime/putty it, sand, then color to remove the join lines.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #17
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Which is why I say only Bandai kits (which is what most gundams are from) can support part by part painting.

    If you try part by part on military model kits like Tamiya, Revell, Academy, AFV Club, Italeri etc, there are high risks of glue marks remaining if you paint first then attach later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    depends, i find painting part by part is if the items are like gundam with more details on the exterior like grooves and such. each part may have multiple colors.

    for those smooth bodies, you'll have to fix then prime/putty it, sand, then color to remove the join lines.

  18. #18
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    eh we cosplay tis...



    u guys know who denniskee can be liao rite.
    wah! classic!!!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  19. #19
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Which is why I say only Bandai kits (which is what most gundams are from) can support part by part painting.

    If you try part by part on military model kits like Tamiya, Revell, Academy, AFV Club, Italeri etc, there are high risks of glue marks remaining if you paint first then attach later.
    I see..
    But I enjoy painting part by part..then do the assembly..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Just pick up another $$$ hobby

    Still cheaper than photography
    Only the models cost more. Once you have established the paints and brushes, they stay relatively stable.

    Mine's 28mm wargame miniatures.


Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •