Hi to all the members of ClubSNAP, professional photographers and photographer enthusiasts,
I'm new to photography, new to this forum, but after reading some posts here, and viewing some critique posts, i've decided to make my first post here. Let me just start off with my personal background. I've NOT got myself a DSLR yet, say to say, and this is why i'm going to post some of my doubts, which i hope serves as the newbie 101 for more users like me.
I'm trying to better understand what should be some of the things to note for a pure true blue newbie to photography and DSLRs. I know maybe what i'm going ask here may have already been in conflicts with some of the previous old threads, so i'm gonna apologize here in advance to the Administrator or the Moderator, and hope i do still get some kind souls to help me out as a newbie.
Firstly, let me start with my intention, what i know and where can i get more information from.
1. I'm considering to get a Canon EOS 450D.
- So, first stupid noob question you guys might think, and that's when i get a DSLR, it's just a basic set without any lenses right? Which means if i purchase just EOS 450D, it doesn't have a lenses and that's where the bundled EOS 450D Kit (EF-S 18-55) and EOS 450D Kit II (EF-S18-200) is given as quoted from Canon site? And in this case, it's definitely a no-go for a starter to just get the EOS 450D without minimum a kit lenses?
- Secondly, is it advisable for starter to go for this EOS 450D? I guess you guys might being asking me, how is my usage and for what general purpose. Well, i intend to bring it along with me, with scenery snapping, humans, food and etc, more like a random photographer, and i do yearn to achieve good photo shoots. I'm currently using a point-of-shoot, mostly natural light mode, and i don't really like the noisy photos. So what should be the recommended cheapest set, including lenses and accessories for user like me.
2. Say, after i got my camera, where can i go to, examples of some websites or forum threads, whereby i can get access to information about all the various modes, and all the technical terms of photography, like Aperture, Exposure, Focal length, etc. How to go about setting manual mode for the various A-Z photo shooting.
3. If budget is a constraint for me, what should be the bare minimal stuff i should have to start my DSLR journey? And under what circumstances should one, never ever consider getting a DSLR, for eg. those only intend to get the basics, like the cam and a lenses or those who are not going to do the post-shoot processing, or those who only does default modes shooting and lazy to find out what they can do with a DSLR?
Lastly, i hope to get more cold hard facts about photography, DSLRs, etc which will give newbies or wannabes better informed decisions if we do want to go into the frame-box journey.