Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Law Is This?

Default Re: What Law Is This?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    please keep all xenophobic remarks away from CS
    keep this discussion clean

you can take this post as a warning
    i apologize for any inconvenience caused......

Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    think about this. what if you are a 100% singapore born people and the government dont regards you as a singaporean at the time of birth? just dump you a pcs of blue card with nationality "unknown" addressed on the citizen status. this is what i am...........

come from malaysia, my mum has been here for her 3/4 of her life, why does it so hard for government to give her a PR while she have already be a grand parents of 2 now? why do other FTs so easily while my parents still need to struggle with a permit stays here???

i been to China many times, how good the country is i know well. but bare in mind, this FT has nothing constributed to our success now, it is our forefather who do it. they are just here to share the success only.

if they want to come Singapore is really not my say, i am not in the L-series. but frankly speaking Singapore is not a training ground or education place to teach people to be good or bad, but if you really want to come here please show more respect to others. everyone mention here, singapore is a multi-racial country, do we need to be more self aware and show more respect to other people in our society?

clubsnap is not a place for political discussion, yes. but if my tax go into the chamber of IRAS do you think you want to voice out your opionions and views?

I empathize with your nationality issue and your mum's inconvenience. I do not know how the government issue PR ship or citizenship so let's not go into that. However i do have relatives and friends who faced the same problems like your mum i.e. their children are born and bred in Singapore but they still have to get their passports stamped frequently to extend their stay.

You sound angsty and i don't blame you for your frustration cos you might have faced many inconveniences throughout your life. However i have to emphasize that you should not make a general statement about the FTs as not all are terrible. You have to consider cultural differences and yes,there are annoying ones and not all understand the saying "when in rome,do as the romans do." I deal alot with businessmen from China and i can tell you that some of them are really &*%&*$&%@#%*!!!!! but some are really nice and understanding. Last week i had to deal with a difficult,pain in the ass, long winded chinese national and i have been been dealing with him for almost a year. However ,i refuse to make a general statement as he alone does not represent the entire country.

My friend was refused a 3 years students' visa and she received a one year visa instead cos the custom officer didnt like the fact that she was going to cambridge university. He told her "a year visa for you in case you fail." Some europeans asked "why are these asians getting first class honours and snatching our jobs? Go back to your country and teach kungfu." Sounds familiar to you?
    Last edited by cowmera; 22nd May 2009 at 12:57 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    Well,what the FT do might be a taboo to singaporeans,but what is not taboo to you might be taboo to them.When you are pointing at others there are 4 fingers pointing back at you.Although i know some of them a alittle guai lan.I know how you feel.Keep it to yourself

I admit i cannot stand some of them n i told them off. But it's me vs the guai lan kia and not me vs you FTs.

Singaporean students are not really well liked in london anyway. Sighz and the rest of the ok ones have to endure with all the mocking and insults.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    I empathize with your nationality issue and your mum's inconvenience. I do not know how the government issue PR ship or citizenship so let's not go into that. However i do have relatives and friends who faced the same problems like your mum i.e. their children are born and bred in Singapore but they still have to get their passports stamped frequently to extend their stay.

You sound angsty and i don't blame you for your frustration cos you might have faced many inconveniences throughout your life. However i have to emphasize that you should not make a general statement about the FTs as not all are terrible. You have to consider cultural differences and yes,there are annoying ones and not all understand the saying "when in rome,do as the romans do." I deal alot with businessmen from China and i can tell you that some of them are really &*%&*$&%@#%*!!!!! but some are really nice and understanding. Last week i had to deal with a difficult,pain in the ass, long winded chinese national and i have been been dealing with him for almost a year. However ,i refuse to make a general statement as he alone does not represent the entire country.

My friend was refused a 3 years students' visa and she received a one year visa instead cos the custom officer didnt like the fact that she was going to cambridge university. He told her "a year visa for you in case you fail." Some europeans asked "why are these asians getting first class honours and snatching our jobs? Go back to your country and teach kungfu." Sounds familiar to you?

precisely bro.

i am dealing with China people too and quite some of them pretty nice and are really that civilised. just dont understand how come those come to our place are not respecting our culture here.

but anyway as i say, i am just voicing my opinions. i am not L-series, so i dont run the show. lets the leader do it, when they say yes we cannot say no.

why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?
    Please Please Please!

Are your sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Please Please Please!

Are your sure?
    http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Moto...22-143037.html

"Reader Elangovan, 44, a lorry driver for 15 years, disclosed a little-known fact: That all it takes for a foreign worker to qualify to drive in Singapore is to pass the basic theory test.

He found out from mixing with foreign drivers at work that many obtain their driving licences in their home countries.

"They don't need to sit for the practical driving test here. So at the end of the day, we don't know whether they actually know how to drive," he said.

Confirmation with traffic police

A check with the traffic police website confirmed what Mr Elangovan said, at least for drivers of Class 3 and 3A vehicles. This comprises cars with an unladen weight of up to 3,000kg, and motor tractors and other motor vehicles with an unladen weight of up to 2,500kg."

i think its quite fair. fine for the illegally parked vehicle, it's the FT's own business that he didn't take care whilst driving on a poorly-lit stretch of road.

precisely bro.

i am dealing with China people too and quite some of them pretty nice and are really that civilised. just dont understand how come those come to our place are not respecting our culture here.

but anyway as i say, i am just voicing my opinions. i am not L-series, so i dont run the show. lets the leader do it, when they say yes we cannot say no.
    Ya, different people in every country so we should single the uncivilized one out only.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Please Please Please!

Are your sure?
    why please please please....?

is sure sure sure, sure just need to take a basic and there he go, class 3/4 is on the way..

is sure sure sure, sure just need to take a basic and there he go, class 3/4 is on the way..
    just in case you didn't know, it is the same for Australia (at least for Victoria).

so just because I see a foreigner getting into an accident, will I make a sweeping statement and assume that everybody who was not tested in Australia to be crummy and dodgy drivers?
    chicken fight!

Please Please Please!

Are your sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Moto...22-143037.html

"Reader Elangovan, 44, a lorry driver for 15 years, disclosed a little-known fact: That all it takes for a foreign worker to qualify to drive in Singapore is to pass the basic theory test.

He found out from mixing with foreign drivers at work that many obtain their driving licences in their home countries.

"They don't need to sit for the practical driving test here. So at the end of the day, we don't know whether they actually know how to drive," he said.

Confirmation with traffic police

A check with the traffic police website confirmed what Mr Elangovan said, at least for drivers of Class 3 and 3A vehicles. This comprises cars with an unladen weight of up to 3,000kg, and motor tractors and other motor vehicles with an unladen weight of up to 2,500kg."
    why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?

This is practise in most of the other countries. It is never easy to get a licence.

This is an isolated incident which can happen to anyone! It is not equal to getting a driving licence!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    just in case you didn't know, it is the same for Australia (at least for Victoria).

so just because I see a foreigner getting into an accident, will I make a sweeping statement and assume that everybody who was not tested in Australia to be crummy and dodgy drivers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123