Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Law Is This?

Default Re: What Law Is This?

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    What do you mean by "aliens?" What makes you think that other nationalities don't regard us Singaporeans as "weirdos" or "aliens" too? Please travel more and widen your horizons before you make such awful statements!
    i travel once a month can i say i travel too little? infacts all foreigners are regarded as aliens if you travel more and observe more.

Wah lau! Old people you also don't want to let off. You will grow old one day and you must remember, these elderly folks from China are from a different culture and generation. It is not illegal to push a stroller leh. One day a friend of mine will push a trolley to feed cats when he is old.

If your only child marry a foreigner and live overseas, don't you think he/she is being filial if he/she wants to bring you over to take care of you? To some people, Singapore is a good place to bring up children,not to mention clean and safe so they would want to work and live here or send their children here for a good english education. What's wrong with that? Don't you want to live in a better place if you have a choice?

You think there are MANY Chinese nationals here cos you forgot their total population. Think about this....if you ever meet 100k awful people from China, that is only a very small percentage of their population. Hence you cannot say that ALL chinese nationals are bad! People from China are all over the world. You should see the ugly Singaporeans overseas!
    think about this. what if you are a 100% singapore born people and the government dont regards you as a singaporean at the time of birth? just dump you a pcs of blue card with nationality "unknown" addressed on the citizen status. this is what i am...........

come from malaysia, my mum has been here for her 3/4 of her life, why does it so hard for government to give her a PR while she have already be a grand parents of 2 now? why do other FTs so easily while my parents still need to struggle with a permit stays here???

i been to China many times, how good the country is i know well. but bare in mind, this FT has nothing constributed to our success now, it is our forefather who do it. they are just here to share the success only.

if they want to come Singapore is really not my say, i am not in the L-series. but frankly speaking Singapore is not a training ground or education place to teach people to be good or bad, but if you really want to come here please show more respect to others. everyone mention here, singapore is a multi-racial country, do we need to be more self aware and show more respect to other people in our society?

clubsnap is not a place for political discussion, yes. but if my tax go into the chamber of IRAS do you think you want to voice out your opionions and views?
    Last edited by ggodetucsamoht; 21st May 2009 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is it, how come all the taxi uncles i see on the road seem to be locals leh

you sure you drive in singapore?

i said many but not all the road hoggers are FT lah.
    btw, only local can drive a taxi. for now at least.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i said many but not all the road hoggers are FT lah.
    btw, only local can drive a taxi. for now at least.
    100% of singapore vehicles 85% of the drivers want to kill all taxi drivers in singapore. 5% of the driver cannot do anything as they are TPs, LTAs etc and the rest of the 10% are taxi driver.

driving manner of taxi driver are already so bad but their service to publics commuters i think is not good also.

Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    100% of singapore vehicles 85% of the drivers want to kill all taxi drivers in singapore. 5% of the driver cannot do anything as they are TPs, LTAs etc and the rest of the 10% are taxi driver.

driving manner of taxi driver are already so bad but their service to publics commuters i think is not good also.

cannot say like that lah.
    one day you might need a taxi to run urgent errant for you.

I have nothing against you but you should realise that there are different types of people everywhere. We cannot make a general statement. There are many local ah bengs who race dangerously too.

dont worry, i read forum with an open mind one.
    Last edited by yeobt; 21st May 2009 at 09:42 AM.

There will always be good drivers and bad drivers on the road, regardless of nationality. I see more drivers blatantly using their handphones whilst driving. I see taxi drivers stopping & turning indiscriminately. I see drivers changing lanes abruptly without signaling or due regard for other road users (taxi drivers especially - i think they are happy if u knock them either on the side or on the back - then they can claim for loss of income). I see wannabes driving souped up jap or korean sedans driving like as though they own the roads. On the commercial vehicle side, pickup, trucks and containers now have bigger capacity and some are even turbo-charged. Put these vehicles in the hands of bad drivers and its just an accident waiting to happen.

You cannot eradicate idiot drivers from the road - period. What you need is enforcement. Traffic police and LTA need to make their presence felt on the roads again. I say again - because in the old days, you can see the expressway patrols, be it TP on motorcycle or TP in their BMW/ Volvos doing their rounds up and down sections of expressways. Now .. i hardly see them .. They need to step up patrols, they need to stop more vehicles for breaking the rules or bad driving or illegal modifications (whether it is to issue ticket or just to give a warning). I am sure they have statistics on accident prone areas - they can start having more frequent patrols in those areas. They also have so many portable speed cameras that they deploy on overhead bridges - start re-deploying those to industrial areas where commercial vehicles ferrying workers tend to speed especially at rush hour.

These are just some things that TP can do to start putting the fear back into drivers. Owning a car or driving a vehicle comes with responsibilities. If you dont take that responsibility seriously, then you shouldnt be on the road.
    Last edited by zero o; 21st May 2009 at 09:34 AM.

FT ? i dont consider this as foreign talent, i treat it more like cheapo migrants that is on lelong.

i met an engineering person on monday, he is from PRC. he is holding a PhD in engineering, i consider this as talent.
    Hey...

WO them, we would have no road, no MRT, no House to stay, no body to clear the road... nobody to clear the table, no... no... no... they sweat for you and you pay them cheaply
    Last edited by Yappy; 21st May 2009 at 01:38 PM.

quite often, i see trailers illegally parked in a bus bay near Harbourfront during early morning hours. maybe i should take some pics n send to LTA. imagine if one bus load crashes into the trailer.

FT ? i dont consider this as foreign talent, i treat it more like cheapo migrants that is on lelong.

i met an engineering person on monday, he is from PRC. he is holding a PhD in engineering, i consider this as talent.
    Our great great great grand fathers were FT. WO them we are not we are today.

20 years later, when they visit Singapore, they will tell their relative ...These buildings were built by me....

We will then erect statues along Singapore River and tell everybody... these FT were the ones that had built our IR.. Sentosa Resort.... Jurong Hospital... Khoo TP Hospital...MRTTTTTT and their tunnels etc etc etc...

Cheap no doubt but great contribution

i travel once a month can i say i travel too little? infacts all foreigners are regarded as aliens if you travel more and observe more.
    one can say that he has studied, but has he learnt?

one can say that he has travelled, but has he opened his eyes?

how are they considered alien? by whose high standards? yours? or society in general?

last I check there isn't a test where one can take to see if he or she is alien to a certain country/part of the world. these are just social stigmas associated by people to something foreign. it is neither xenophobic nor racist, but when you allow your feelings to be construed by such terms and labels, it starts to become so.

just because you have travelled a lot, doesn't make you any less alien than someone else. you only feel less alien because it is your social cognition functions that make you feel so. but in somebody else's eyes, you may be alien even if you were born and bred there.
    chicken fight!

hi all, thks for all comments......no heart feeling here.

just to voice out my opinions thats all.

i trying to accept those FT but their behaivour really give me a doubts on it. i am gladful for their help here, but since then we have a lot of big cases all due to this PRC people. recently there was a taxi driver been rope and killed, body was thrown to an area at sembawang park, well are they constributing??

few months back, there was a case that a PRC man killed 4 ladies altogether in an HDB flat but lucky 1 was escape but heavely injured. what does this means??

do you agree they are constributing to society problem?

there are more stories which can never end the story here.

i am aware of our fore father build up our country, but look back....it is our father, not NEW people who come here today. our fore father got no relationship with them.

if anyone dont agree on my side it is fine, i am merely voicing out my opinions thats all, no need to go too personal into it.
    Last edited by ggodetucsamoht; 21st May 2009 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    one can say that he has studied, but has he learnt?

one can say that he has travelled, but has he opened his eyes?
    no need to open eyes, canon will open their eyes...haha

why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?
    i went for my class 2b theory at ssdc last week and the whole place was full of blangadeshi and china men. I thought i was at ministry of manpower

i trying to accept those FT but their behaivour really give me a doubts on it. i am gladful for their help here, but since then we have a lot of big cases all due to this PRC people. recently there was a taxi driver been rope and killed, body was thrown to an area at sembawang park, well are they constributing??
    please la, you list out cases of singaporeans killing also never end la confirm pwn also, be it traffic accident, let's be fair, everyone is the same, in the end, no need to differentiate a from b , b from c, if you differentiate you just being silly

kthxbai

I don't see the logic in the "he's a foreigner therefore he caused the accident with his shoddy driving" argument here.

is he insinuating that non-foreign (or non-alien) people do not cause traffic accidents? because that is a blatant lie in the first degree, seeing how I've been on the receiving end of traffic accidents from true blue Singaporeans.

is he insinuating that non-foreign (or non-alien) people have better driving standards and therefore are more accountable for their driving skills? because, again, that is a blatant lie in the first degree, judging by the number of asinine morons I meet on Singapore roads each time I'm back there for whatever purpose that requires me to be back.

I'm sorry but... I don't see the logic in his argument. if he's arguing that such foreigners are lowering a supposed standard of driving/living/laws, then that's not giving much credibility to the powers that be that govern such standards, is it?

sorry but to me, this is reminiscent to me of the countless people I meet in Australia who strike me as xenophobes when they tell me that I'm taking their jobs and that I should go home.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    sorry but to me, this is reminiscent to me of the countless people I meet in Australia who strike me as xenophobes when they tell me that I'm taking their jobs and that I should go home.
    or the protectionist people in london or america...

well maybe they have never been on the receiving end of the stick...

hi all, thks for all comments......no heart feeling here.

just to voice out my opinions thats all.

few months back, there was a case that a PRC man killed 4 ladies altogether in an HDB flat but lucky 1 was escape but heavely injured. what does this means??

do you agree they are constributing to society problem?

there are more stories which can never end the story here.

i am aware of our fore father build up our country, but look back....it is our father, not NEW people who come here today. our fore father got no relationship with them.

if anyone dont agree on my side it is fine, i am merely voicing out my opinions thats all, no need to go too personal into it.
    Well,what the FT do might be a taboo to singaporeans,but what is not taboo to you might be taboo to them.When you are pointing at others there are 4 fingers pointing back at you.Although i know some of them a alittle guai lan.I know how you feel.Keep it to yourself

Blog Entries

please keep all xenophobic remarks away from CS
    keep this discussion clean

you can take this post as a warning

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast