Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: What Law Is This?

  1. #1

    Question What Law Is This?

    Lorry driver arrested

    THE lorry driver whose vehicle slammed into the back of a parked trailer in Gul Road on Monday, killing four of his passengers, has been arrested.
    He was taken into custody a day after his discharge from hospital, police said in response to queries on Wednesday.

    The Straits Times understands the 31-year-old Indian national is being investigated for causing death through a rash act, an offence that could land him a jail term lasting up five years and a fine.

    In the worst road collision so far this year, Mr Ramaiah was at the wheel of the lorry, ferrying nine foreign workers to a shipyard in Tuas at about 4am on Monday when his vehicle smashed into an illegally-parked trailer laden with concrete beams.

    This happened at a spot along Gul Road where the street lamps were unlit because of an underground cable fault.

    The impact killed the lorry's front-seat passenger and three workers in the cargo deck. Mr Ramaiah himself had injuries on his face and was taken with the other workers to hospital.

    Trailer driver Shukor Ayub, resting in the cabin at the time of the crash, was unhurt.

    The 30-year-old Malaysian had parked illegally on the two-way, single-lane road with a central white line. It is understood he has received a summons for the infringement, which carries a fine of $70.

    The crash has re-ignited calls for better ways to ferry workers than on the back of lorries. A workgroup co-chaired by the Land Transport Authority and the Manpower Ministry has been looking into this since its set-up was announced last March, but no finding has been reported to date.

    In response to queries, the LTA said on Wednesday it will aim to complete the study in four to six months. Noting that the issue is 'complex', the spokesman said: 'The review is taking longer than expected as the study will need to balance the safety and other concerns from the different stakeholder groups, to better understand the potential impact of the recommendations for successful implementation of the measures later.'

    i suppose the victim is the lorry driver who also suffer injury cause by an
    irresponsible driver who has parked the trailer on a unlit (dark) road. victim
    got arrested and possible fine n jail. the culprit cause 4 lives and walk away
    with $70 fine.


    what a joke!
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    how about no seat belt for workers behind the truck? I think that's a hot debate too.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?

  4. #4

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?
    becos our govt says if there is no FT, singapore cannot progress by it own mah.
    so in order to lure more FT, many things must let go loose loose for them and make them
    happy to stay here lor.

    many road hoggers i saw are FT. (i cannot mention race)
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    becos our govt says if there is no FT, singapore cannot progress by it own mah.
    so in order to lure more FT, many things must let go loose loose for them and make them
    happy to stay here lor.

    many road hoggers i saw are FT. (i cannot mention race)
    FT ? i dont consider this as foreign talent, i treat it more like cheapo migrants that is on lelong.

    i met an engineering person on monday, he is from PRC. he is holding a PhD in engineering, i consider this as talent.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    FT ? i dont consider this as foreign talent, i treat it more like cheapo migrants that is on lelong.

    i met an engineering person on monday, he is from PRC. he is holding a PhD in engineering, i consider this as talent.


    cannot like that say leh, they also have their fair share of talent in which we cant do.
    without them, no one would build the IR and resort world for us.
    they could be a form of economic generator in one way or another.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    cannot like that say leh, they also have their fair share of talent in which we cant do.
    without them, no one would build the IR and resort world for us.
    they could be a form of economic generator in one way or another.
    yes, this i agree. i am refering to some "others" which simply dunno WTH coming to SIN for....

    went to take train, came across an old PRC old woman pushing the stroller. few times later i saw the same old woman but this time round got another old man beside her??

    what i trying to say is why there are so many prc people here? are they on tour visas or??
    if a SIN guy marry a PRC lady, the entire family can come here to live for the rest of their life??

  8. #8

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    yes, this i agree. i am refering to some "others" which simply dunno WTH coming to SIN for....

    went to take train, came across an old PRC old woman pushing the stroller. few times later i saw the same old woman but this time round got another old man beside her??

    what i trying to say is why there are so many prc people here? are they on tour visas or??
    if a SIN guy marry a PRC lady, the entire family can come here to live for the rest of their life??





    our govt has forsee this type of social problem with many foreigners coming to our soil
    with a different culture of ours. that is why our govt is now promoting 'gracious living'

    yes, singapore is getting crowded.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    our govt has forsee this type of social problem with many foreigners coming to our soil
    with a different culture of ours. that is why our govt is now promoting 'gracious living'

    yes, singapore is getting crowded.
    seriously i feel really very very bad to see singapore having so many PRC and others "FT" around the street. i dunno if others feel like me. once upon a time we live peacefully and graciously on this island but right now this little island has been invaded with aliens from the outside.

    i see in such a view that Singapore is getting cheapo, cheapo in such a way i wont be proud to tell others i am a Singaporean.

  10. #10

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    seriously i feel really very very bad to see singapore having so many PRC and others "FT" around the street. i dunno if others feel like me. once upon a time we live peacefully and graciously on this island but right now this little island has been invaded with aliens from the outside.

    i see in such a view that Singapore is getting cheapo, cheapo in such a way i wont be proud to tell others i am a Singaporean.
    1. ClubSnap is not a place for political/racial discussions.
    2. Your parents were once migrants too.
    3. You should read more on the history of Singapore, especially the race wars 43-45 years ago. "We live peacefully" is really a once upon a time fairytale.
    4. If it's not the PRC migrants, it's the Indians and Bangladeshi. If it's not them, it's the ang moh FTs. If it's not them, it's the filipinos and indonesians. In other words, everyone but you. This is a very very racist stance.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    I believe the lorry driver was speeding and did not have any situational awareness. If he was not speeding, he should have had enough time to slow down and stop or change lane.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    1. ClubSnap is not a place for political/racial discussions.
    2. Your parents were once migrants too.
    3. You should read more on the history of Singapore, especially the race wars 43-45 years ago. "We live peacefully" is really a once upon a time fairytale.
    4. If it's not the PRC migrants, it's the Indians and Bangladeshi. If it's not them, it's the ang moh FTs. If it's not them, it's the filipinos and indonesians. In other words, everyone but you. This is a very very racist stance.


    to all points! For my case in #2 my great grandparents were the migrants.
    I'm a cow with a camera

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    seriously i feel really very very bad to see singapore having so many PRC and others "FT" around the street. i dunno if others feel like me. once upon a time we live peacefully and graciously on this island but right now this little island has been invaded with aliens from the outside.

    i see in such a view that Singapore is getting cheapo, cheapo in such a way i wont be proud to tell others i am a Singaporean.
    What do you mean by "aliens?" What makes you think that other nationalities don't regard us Singaporeans as "weirdos" or "aliens" too? Please travel more and widen your horizons before you make such awful statements!
    I'm a cow with a camera

  14. #14

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post

    many road hoggers i saw are FT. (i cannot mention race)
    is it, how come all the taxi uncles i see on the road seem to be locals leh

    you sure you drive in singapore?

  15. #15

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    seriously i feel really very very bad to see singapore having so many PRC and others "FT" around the street. i dunno if others feel like me. once upon a time we live peacefully and graciously on this island but right now this little island has been invaded with aliens from the outside.

    i see in such a view that Singapore is getting cheapo, cheapo in such a way i wont be proud to tell others i am a Singaporean.
    seriously i feel really very very bad that singapore has so many xenophobic bullfrogs around the street. i dunno if others feel like me. once upon a time, singapore had nobody, then our forefathers came from other places to live peacefully and graciously on this island.. but right now they are being insulted by their descendants.

    i see in such a view that singaporeans are getting so scared of what they once were in such a way i won't be proud to tell others i am a singaporean.
    Last edited by night86mare; 21st May 2009 at 02:12 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    why do the singapore government let other citizen to convert their own country driving license so dam easily and yet we singaporean must work so hard and pay so much just to get tat license?
    oh, it is easy, you just convert to malaysian citizenship, take driving license there, then come to singapore and get converted and feel like a ft.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post

    many road hoggers i saw are FT. (i cannot mention race)

    One day when you drive overseas and you drive slowly cos you are not familiar with the roads, how would you feel if the locals accuse you of road hogging?

    What if you migrate overseas one day and you decided to buy a nice cum fast car. Since it's fast, you decided to test the speed or maybe you are trying to shake off a road bully/robber but people accuse you of racing, how would you feel?

    I have nothing against you but you should realise that there are different types of people everywhere. We cannot make a general statement. There are many local ah bengs who race dangerously too.


    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is it, how come all the taxi uncles i see on the road seem to be locals leh

    you sure you drive in singapore?
    taixs are the worse drivers and they are locals!
    Last edited by cowmera; 21st May 2009 at 02:32 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh, it is easy, you just convert to malaysian citizenship, take driving license there, then come to singapore and get converted and feel like a ft.
    Easier still is you obtain a PDL in Singapore then you go overseas to convert it to their local licence. Upon your return after your studies or work, you convert your xx country car licence to Singapore licence. Voila! You need not spend much on your licence and you need not take a driving test.
    I'm a cow with a camera

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    yes, this i agree. i am refering to some "others" which simply dunno WTH coming to SIN for....

    went to take train, came across an old PRC old woman pushing the stroller. few times later i saw the same old woman but this time round got another old man beside her??

    what i trying to say is why there are so many prc people here? are they on tour visas or??
    if a SIN guy marry a PRC lady, the entire family can come here to live for the rest of their life??

    Wah lau! Old people you also don't want to let off. You will grow old one day and you must remember, these elderly folks from China are from a different culture and generation. It is not illegal to push a stroller leh. One day a friend of mine will push a trolley to feed cats when he is old.

    If your only child marry a foreigner and live overseas, don't you think he/she is being filial if he/she wants to bring you over to take care of you? To some people, Singapore is a good place to bring up children,not to mention clean and safe so they would want to work and live here or send their children here for a good english education. What's wrong with that? Don't you want to live in a better place if you have a choice?

    You think there are MANY Chinese nationals here cos you forgot their total population. Think about this....if you ever meet 100k awful people from China, that is only a very small percentage of their population. Hence you cannot say that ALL chinese nationals are bad! People from China are all over the world. You should see the ugly Singaporeans overseas!
    Last edited by cowmera; 21st May 2009 at 02:46 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: What Law Is This?

    I feel so sorry for the four who died on their way to work. May them all rest in peace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •