Thread: any issues with putting orig canon batt and 3rd party batt in the same BG?

Default any issues with putting orig canon batt and 3rd party batt in the same BG?

as above. thanks!

Default Re: any issues with putting orig canon batt and 3rd party batt in the same BG?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    as above. thanks!
    No. I've been doing that for years and until now no issues whatsoever.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Default Re: any issues with putting orig canon batt and 3rd party batt in the same BG?

no problems. been been doing for at least half a year now.
    Licence to shoot.

Been doing it since Canon's 400D was brand NEW.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Been doing it since Canon's 400D was brand NEW.....
    I've been doing that since 10D days.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I've been doing that since 10D days.

Wow.... really 'Old Timer'....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow.... really 'Old Timer'....
    Yeah, so it's to show that no problem mixing original and 3rd party together in the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    as above. thanks!
    Not recommended by manufacturer, but I does that anyway. Unless of course, your batteries are brandless with no labels, and manufactured in China with absolute zero quality control in-place.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

It is ok to mix. Battery grip does not draw power from both battery at the same time. Only when one is empty it will switch to the second battery. It is for the same reason that u can put only one battery in and it will still work.

Quote Originally Posted by dision View Post
    It is ok to mix. Battery grip does not draw power from both battery at the same time. Only when one is empty it will switch to the second battery. It is for the same reason that u can put only one battery in and it will still work.
    any idea which batt the camera will draw power from 1st?
    Left or right?
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.

both actually...but if you want my opinion, best is to use eneloops or recyckos with the AA attachment since i find they last longer then original batteries.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Howard View Post
    any idea which batt the camera will draw power from 1st?
    Left or right?
    Right side for original canon bg.