Thread: testing pics

Default testing pics

hello all the shuai ge's and chiobus

noob reporting. bought my first DSLR a couple of days back. it's a SONY A300 fitted with a kit lens 18-70mm

Today I went to a park nearby, mainly to experiment aperture and DOF. I know all these pictures are going to be so "omgwhatareyoudoing" to you guys but hope you guys are actually able to inspect my technique from these pictures ^^ I haven't really learnt anything about the art of photography so I also don't know what I am taking/trying to convey with these pictures.

My main concern is the lack of sharpness even on the subject, when I go until full pict size.. hope you guys can tell me why, or is that just the nature of the lens. Anyway here they are.. please scold me~

70mm 1/160 ISO100 F5.6

60mm 1/500 ISO100 F5.6

26mm 1/400 ISO100 F5.6

70mm 1/400 ISO100 F5.6

Default Re: testing pics

You should post in the critic section instead of here. The compositions are decent anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 3in1c View Post
    You should post in the critic section instead of here. The compositions are decent anyway.
    do not post photos of testing lens in Critique Corner.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

if you want to test a lens, mount your camera on a tripod, use a shutter release, eliminate camera movement due to poor camera holding technique.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

You view at 100%? It depends on how (unrealistically) you expect the sharpness to be. Its also hard to say much based on your pictures, might help if you can point out where you actually focussed.