Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japan

Default Re: Japan

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterCentral View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it. Basically, you can see alot of these monkey running around the area as well as on the slopes. It will be better if it is snowing. Remember to buy some snacks, food and drink when you are at Nagano station or Yudanaka station. If not, you will not be able to find any water and food at the monkey park. Basically it is very deep inside the pine tree forest. You will need to buy a ticket to access the monkey park.

If you are going during winter season (from mid Dec), then i guess most of the onsen or shops will be opened.

Are you planning to go to Shiga Kogen or stay at the Onsen ryokan at Yudanaka? The bus to monkey park is not very frequent. So you need to plan your trip and determine which bus timing you want to catch on your way back to Yudanaka station. If i remember correctly, the bus timing is 1 bus every 2 to 3 hours.
    But if you are staying there, you can actually walk from your ryokan to the monkey park and you can take your time there.

I am going to Japan again to experience the height of winter season next Feb 2010-14 days. Will be travelling from Tokyo to Sapporo by Shinkansen using 14 days JR pass.
    I was at the monkey park in early jan, too bad it wasn't snowing when I was there. The monkeys there are pretty docile and I was barely 30cm away from them at times. Nothing like the thieving ones you get in Bali or Langkawi.

It is actually possible to walk to Yudanaka station if you don't mind a few kilometer hike. You could just take it easy, look around the onsen area. There is a Kannon goddess statue (Kwan In) somewhere along the way that probably makes for some nice shots.

Some pics of the monkeys with my p&s, no touch up or cropping done, some overexposed :P
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=33ae82d715

And while you are there...if in doubt can always drop me a line or mail. You might want to check hyperdia for the real time train timings to plan you mode of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterCentral View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it. Basically, you can see alot of these monkey running around the area as well as on the slopes. It will be better if it is snowing. Remember to buy some snacks, food and drink when you are at Nagano station or Yudanaka station. If not, you will not be able to find any water and food at the monkey park. Basically it is very deep inside the pine tree forest. You will need to buy a ticket to access the monkey park.

If you are going during winter season (from mid Dec), then i guess most of the onsen or shops will be opened.

Are you planning to go to Shiga Kogen or stay at the Onsen ryokan at Yudanaka? The bus to monkey park is not very frequent. So you need to plan your trip and determine which bus timing you want to catch on your way back to Yudanaka station. If i remember correctly, the bus timing is 1 bus every 2 to 3 hours.
    But if you are staying there, you can actually walk from your ryokan to the monkey park and you can take your time there.

I am going to Japan again to experience the height of winter season next Feb 2010-14 days. Will be travelling from Tokyo to Sapporo by Shinkansen using 14 days JR pass.
    Thanks for the info! Mmm yeah would be going in winter, prob late Dec or Jan. Would love to stay at one of the ryokan if its not too expensive there! Have a great trip yourself next Feb, and show us your pics when you're back! (am considering whether to go up to Hokkaido for my trip too)

Quote Originally Posted by KissDigitalX View Post
    And while you are there...if in doubt can always drop me a line or mail. You might want to check hyperdia for the real time train timings to plan you mode of travel.
    Thanks for being so helpful! Will definitely drop you a line to check if i'm in doubt! Thanks again!

Visited Kyushu and Honshu in April 2008. Took my first DSLR, the Panasonic Lumix L1 which I bought in Dec 207 along. Photos are all here:
    http://www.pbase.com/virtualink/japa...shu_and_honshu
    Photos are not that spectacular as I was still a newbie and not that good at post-processing. Hope you all will enjoy.

those who will be going to japan

rmb to drop by akihabara to take a look at the photo shops and community there

you will see film rfs and slrs out everywhere

long live film!
    Pentax K-x

those who will be going to japan

rmb to drop by akihabara to take a look at the photo shops and community there

you will see film rfs and slrs out everywhere

long live film!
    Pentax K-x

Hello for people who live in tokyo (or have been there).
    Where can I take Hatobus especially the hello kitty one?
    Is there a specific station where this particular bus operates? What are the timing? Their website http://www.hatobus.com/en/index.html never really say.

OK... who will be in Tokyo around 4 to 12 July 2009?
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    OK... who will be in Tokyo around 4 to 12 July 2009?
    I am there 24-30 July (wonderfest!)

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I am there 24-30 July (wonderfest!)
    The raining season just started....
    Will last abt 1 month.....

good luck to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post

good luck to you.....
    I not worry using olympus e-3 rain proof

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I not worry using olympus e-3 rain proof
    Is donesn't matter your camera is weather proof or not....

My points is during the raining season the sky is very cloudy weather.
    so there isn't any sun shine....So taking nice landscape photos will be a challenge lor
    but for street shooting still ok lor.....

I also equipmented with rain protection cover for my camera.
    but there isn't much scenery due the cloudy weather lor...
    So now I'm doing street shooting......

ah okay.
    but what can landscape photo? it is all buildings right?

no.. that's in downtown ginza or shinbashi.
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post

good luck to you.....
    yesterday was at Yokohama .... nice weather, 27 deg in the afternoon .... but the sky is completely white.

last night rain heavily and this morning and the sky is WHITE! .... it's 3pm and it's still drizzling. ... whole day stuck in the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    yesterday was at Yokohama .... nice weather, 27 deg in the afternoon .... but the sky is completely white.

last night rain heavily and this morning and the sky is WHITE! .... it's 3pm and it's still drizzling. ... whole day stuck in the hotel.
    Sat and Sunday is quite good... didn't rain (In Tokyo)
    And this morning raining...

This week weather forecast will be
    Tomorrow= Cloudy and Sunny
    Wed to Sun = Raining
    Friday= Cloudy (But I think will rain)

Enjoy you stay in Japan.....

Hm.. does not seem like very nice place to shoot sky. anyway I will be going there for wonderfest and akibahara shopping spree. Anything extra will be
    Anybody know which shrine which get those cosplay maids carry the portable shrines around akibahara?

today is superhot (32deg) in Tokyo .... with blue sky and lots of heavy white crowd

hot ok..rain not ok..my trip in may was ruin by 3-4days of rain...sickening..

Guys, am thinking of taking my wife and daughter (11 years old) to Japan in mid-December. Hope to cover Osaka, Tokyo, and nearby places like Nara and Kyoto (at least). Questions I have in mind are:

- Duration: Will 10 Days 9 Nights be enough? That appears to be the most I can squeeze out of our leaves (Currently what I have in mind is 6N in Tokyo and 4N in Osaka)
    - Accomodation: Possible to get a sub-S$100 room for the 3 of us (2A1C)? 3 stars and the likes are fine with us, since we'll be outside most of the time anyway.
    - Weather: How's the weather like? I suppose it's winter by that time... which means we need to get ourselves winter wear?
    - Meals: Roughly how much should we expect to spend per meal?

Visiting Osaka Aquarium, Universal Studios, and the 2 Disney Parks are what I'd consider must-do.

Thanks in advance for any input given.

:Later,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast