Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Jimmyblazer
    lor-now-dou vs meh si
    man vs boy LOL

Butties,

I need a little help from you please ...

I figured that since TSers move around and shoot so extensively, you might be able to assist me. Please feel free to PM if you don;t feel comfortable posting up.

Could you recommend any nice building exteriors that do not have major obstructions in front of them that are nice to shoot like for an architecture/building portfolio? Could be day shots, could be evening shots.

Best is if don't need permission to shoot the exteriors.

Also, can anyone recommend me a really nice office or corporate interior lobang to hoot? This one probably need your contact or lobang to do. In return, if the shots come out nice, I will give a few to your lobang and they can use as they please.

I really need to rush this one out - at least a few shots, but will also continue shooting further down the road.

Kam sia plenty plenty!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Butties,

I figured that since TSers move around and shoot so extensively, you might be able to assist me. Please feel free to PM if you don;t feel comfortable posting up.

Could you recommend any nice building exteriors that do not have major obstructions in front of them that are nice to shoot like for an architecture/building portfolio? Could be day shots, could be evening shots.

Also, can anyone recommend me a really nice office or corporate interior lobang to hoot? This one probably need your contact or lobang to do. In return, if the shots come out nice, I will give a few to your lobang and they can use as they please.

I really need to rush this one out - at least a few shots, but will also continue shooting further down the road.

Kam sia plenty plenty!
    Nice building exteriors ah? Eh lasalle? or parkview square bt sometimes got security.
    As for corporate interior maybe can try city harvest office, its at suntec tower...2 or 3 i forgot liao, been there a few times b4 but have to write in to ask for permission, some of jack neo`s movies which involved office scenes were shot there.

Butties,

Kam sia plenty plenty!
    DM, based on our walkabout along shenton way last week, we were told off by different security guards on a few occassions not to shoot their building's exterior. Hence, you probably need someone to be able to get the bldg mgt's approval to shoot.

Thanks Jimmy and DK.

What if I'm on the street, or on the other side of the street, I doubt if the other side security has the power to stop me right? They can only do that if you're directly in front of the building they manage. In other words, if you not standing ON their property, but shooting the building, they can't say anything. Unless it's a govt or high-security building.

I'm also looking at like, nice walkways, building features/angles that I can shoot. It could even be part of a building feature like a garden or path that is part of the architectural make-up and not just the main structure itself.

I will be recceing around myself, but any input would be very helpful.

Anymore recommendations most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by billycadiz View Post
    I have @ home buttie! full battle gear, commando style,green beret, w/M16 w M203 launcher...
    those use during songkran - made from plastic and have hole to fill water one???
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

Butties,

Kam sia plenty plenty!
    Exterior - Gateway, Parkview Square, The Sail, UOB Towers, Maybank, Bank of China.

Interior - tougher - try "hit & run" at Ikea or those service offices like at 1 Fullerton.

For exterior, the trick is to act like a tourist... reduce gear, small group and better if got ang moh. Also, can always stand across the road and shoot. Since you will be standing on public property already and not on their own piece of land which they have the right to say you are trespassing.

If the security approach, apologize and quickly move away as they don't normally to ask you to delete on the spot (if they do, insist on seeing the building management before you delete). Don't linger too long, better, get the pose and model position done up first (trial run) before moving in with your gears.
    Last edited by woofmy; 26th May 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Bonjour! Butties & Buttees.

Great coverage zaren! Hope to see u more in future outings.
    my pleasure!

will def join the next TS june outing if i can

Thanks Buttie!

Unfortunately I'll be shooting at small apertures, using large camera so hit-n-run approach won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    Exterior - Gateway, Parkview Square, The Sail, UOB Towers, Maybank, Bank of China.

Interior - tougher - try "hit & run" at Ikea or those service offices like at 1 Fullerton.

For exterior, the trick is to act like a tourist... reduce gear, small group and better if got ang moh. Also, can always stand across the road and shoot. Since you will be standing on public property already and not on their own piece of land which they have the right to say you are trespassing.

If the security approach, apologize and quickly move away as they don't normally to ask you to delete on the spot (if they do, insist on seeing the building management before you delete). Don't linger too long, better, get the pose and model position done up first (trial run) before moving in with your gears.

Try hit and run fullerton hotel for interior. Dont go in from the main door though. Come up from the travellator entrance in the basement. I managed to that once =)

Thanks Buttie!

Unfortunately I'll be shooting at small apertures, using large camera so hit-n-run approach won't work.
    Large format... dro0ls! Got time lemme pray pray...

Thanks Buttie!

bring long renses and shoot from roadside. Better, rent a lorry and mount your tripod there

awalk winner alert!!! sista feb won the Nikon May IR challenge with her beautiful tree shadow. Just saw in the newsletter.

http://www.nikonclub.com.sg/edm/09may/edm.html

Congrats to Febrita!!!
    Last edited by woofmy; 26th May 2009 at 03:08 PM.

awalk winner alert!!! sista feb won the Nikon May IR challenge with her beautiful tree shadow. Just saw in the newsletter.

http://www.nikonclub.com.sg/edm/09may/edm.html

Congrats to Febrita!!!
    wa congrats febby!

Congrats to our Febby mummy!

wah. no wonder ppl say got baby will bring more luck!~.. but of cos, no doubt she's good !!

Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    wah. no wonder ppl say got baby will bring more luck!~.. but of cos, no doubt she's good !!
    so.. when r u having a baby???

wah.. now have 3rd type of outing after (i) TS Outing; (ii) Secret Outing; (iii) Non-Official TS Outing... hahaha

Congrats to febby !!!

so.. when r u having a baby???
    i always wonder inside my buibui tummy, is there any baby or not, it seems getting bigger leh. time to go and do a scan liao~