Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1007

Thread: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

  1. #221

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    lobang king up so early
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  2. #222

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    lobang king up so early

    LOl there is a chinese phrase early bird get up early got worm eat....

    hmmm... me nw cooking breakfast then later go slp liao muhahaha....
    ~ A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. ~

  3. #223

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Goot morleng... is flyday!!!!! Tml no soot can rest at home... Anyone want to meet go stanley tml?
    i tomorrow broke liao that's why i jio next week at least got a bit of money. if you all want to go then i go meet you all there. drink water sing song play darts. then can return kt his flash. but then again, i going out early in the morning for circle line discovery tour.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  4. #224

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by part0 View Post
    LOl there is a chinese phrase early bird get up early got worm eat....

    hmmm... me nw cooking breakfast then later go slp liao muhahaha....
    fwah you winner...
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  5. #225

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    for butties going circle line tour, see you all tomorrow!
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  6. #226

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    for butties going circle line tour, see you all tomorrow!
    Enjoy butties!! can't go, got work.. sunday will meet the xmm magnets for sure...
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

  7. #227
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    new place to shoot butterflies...

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=5

  8. #228
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Twinkle twinkle little stars..

    Sharing my first successful startrail shot, previous attempts were all failures... either all white or all pink..

    The following shot was taken from 11pm to about 3am from my bedroom.

    sharing some knowledge here.

    1) use a car battery to power up the camera. so that you do not get into the low battery problem.

    2) Ensure your CF card memory is sufficient to take up to the maximum no. of shots ( about 300 ~ 500 shots ) depending on the length of star trial you want to capture.

    3) using multiple exposure of 15sec @ F4 iso-100 for the individual shots. most of the camera is not able to handle exposure up to 1 hour, the sensor will be cooked and results are not as good ( unless you are using PHASE ONE digital back of other higher end stuff ).

    4) I tripod the camera and connect to a computer for controlling of the multiple exposure sequence and frequency. I currently do not have a TC-80N3 ( timer release ) and hence has to rely on computer for the repeat shot function.

    5) check out the earth magnetic South with a compass, so that the circle will be seen orbiting at the center.

    6) use special merging software to post-process ( merge ) the files... else you will cry trying to do them manually in Photoshop. I am using a free software available in the Internet ( Startrial.exe )


  9. #229
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    Twinkle twinkle little stars..

    Sharing my first successful startrail shot, previous attempts were all failures... either all white or all pink..

    The following shot was taken from 11pm to about 3am from my bedroom.

    sharing some knowledge here.

    1) use a car battery to power up the camera. so that you do not get into the low battery problem.

    2) Ensure your CF card memory is sufficient to take up to the maximum no. of shots ( about 300 ~ 500 shots ) depending on the length of star trial you want to capture.

    3) using multiple exposure of 15sec @ F4 iso-100 for the individual shots. most of the camera is not able to handle exposure up to 1 hour, the sensor will be cooked and results are not as good ( unless you are using PHASE ONE digital back of other higher end stuff ).

    4) I tripod the camera and connect to a computer for controlling of the multiple exposure sequence and frequency. I currently do not have a TC-80N3 ( timer release ) and hence has to rely on computer for the repeat shot function.

    5) check out the earth magnetic South with a compass, so that the circle will be seen orbiting at the center.

    6) use special merging software to post-process ( merge ) the files... else you will cry trying to do them manually in Photoshop. I am using a free software available in the Internet ( Startrial.exe )

    Beautiful

    Thanks for going thru the steps bro. very useful

    Ryan

  10. #230

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    Twinkle twinkle little stars..

    Sharing my first successful startrail shot, previous attempts were all failures... either all white or all pink..

    The following shot was taken from 11pm to about 3am from my bedroom.

    sharing some knowledge here.

    1) use a car battery to power up the camera. so that you do not get into the low battery problem.

    2) Ensure your CF card memory is sufficient to take up to the maximum no. of shots ( about 300 ~ 500 shots ) depending on the length of star trial you want to capture.

    3) using multiple exposure of 15sec @ F4 iso-100 for the individual shots. most of the camera is not able to handle exposure up to 1 hour, the sensor will be cooked and results are not as good ( unless you are using PHASE ONE digital back of other higher end stuff ).

    4) I tripod the camera and connect to a computer for controlling of the multiple exposure sequence and frequency. I currently do not have a TC-80N3 ( timer release ) and hence has to rely on computer for the repeat shot function.

    5) check out the earth magnetic South with a compass, so that the circle will be seen orbiting at the center.

    6) use special merging software to post-process ( merge ) the files... else you will cry trying to do them manually in Photoshop. I am using a free software available in the Internet ( Startrial.exe )

    sibei swee...

    if want to use film how?

  11. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Very impressive billy and thanks for the pointers.

  12. #232
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    sibei swee...

    if want to use film how?
    thanks, I cannot remember the setting for shooting stars with film, I think you can simply put F22, iso-100 film and then open the shutter as long as you like.. something like that...

  13. #233

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    one more thing i tot of: those using Nikon DSLR no need so mafan. Can custom the multiple exposure mode, set the shoot intervals and # of shots then just mount tripod and shoot! haha! dun even need to stitch in PP, everything auto combined in camera!

    only issue is dunno if 2 batteries (when using batt grip) can last a few hrs.

  14. #234
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    sharing some knowledge here.

    1) use a car battery to power up the camera. so that you do not get into the low battery problem.

    2) Ensure your CF card memory is sufficient to take up to the maximum no. of shots ( about 300 ~ 500 shots ) depending on the length of star trial you want to capture.

    3) using multiple exposure of 15sec @ F4 iso-100 for the individual shots. most of the camera is not able to handle exposure up to 1 hour, the sensor will be cooked and results are not as good ( unless you are using PHASE ONE digital back of other higher end stuff ).

    4) I tripod the camera and connect to a computer for controlling of the multiple exposure sequence and frequency. I currently do not have a TC-80N3 ( timer release ) and hence has to rely on computer for the repeat shot function.

    5) check out the earth magnetic South with a compass, so that the circle will be seen orbiting at the center.

    6) use special merging software to post-process ( merge ) the files... else you will cry trying to do them manually in Photoshop. I am using a free software available in the Internet ( Startrial.exe )

    7) remember to disable your DSLR's noise reduction option. Or else if you shoot for 10secs, your camera will wait for another 10secs to eliminate or get rid the hot pixels.

    enjoy,
    Billy

  15. #235
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    one more thing i tot of: those using Nikon DSLR no need so mafan. Can custom the multiple exposure mode, set the shoot intervals and # of shots then just mount tripod and shoot! haha! dun even need to stitch in PP, everything auto combined in camera!

    only issue is dunno if 2 batteries (when using batt grip) can last a few hrs.
    there are actually many more details you have to take into consideration.
    - brightness of the surrounding buildings.
    - brightness of the stars
    - clouds blocking the stars..
    - the longer you shoot, the longer the star trials
    - the foreground composition is also very important, it creates the overall picture impact to the viewer. Not just the lines in the dark skies..

    for yesterday's shot, the last 50 exposures were all wasted, because there is a big patch of clouds that suddenly move into my picture.

    the clouds came in suddenly...


    the clouds occupies the entire space..

  16. #236

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    there are actually many more details you have to take into consideration.
    - brightness of the surrounding buildings.
    - brightness of the stars
    - clouds blocking the stars..
    - the longer you shoot, the longer the star trials
    - the foreground composition is also very important, it creates the overall picture impact to the viewer. Not just the lines in the dark skies..

    for yesterday's shot, the last 50 exposures were all wasted, because there is a big patch of clouds that suddenly move into my picture.

    the clouds came in suddenly...


    the clouds occupies the entire space..
    thanks for sharing...

  17. #237
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Bonjour!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  18. #238

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Goot aftelnoon butties!!!

    Very nice Big Billy!!! TFS!


    I've also tried to shoot startrails on a beach,midnight almost pitch black, put cam in a tripod then left it alone.. hehe! (inspired by KT1 during Kukup;open the shutter and just do its work,), 2 batt fully charged, open the shutter for an hour.. then fell sleep waiting for it to finished reading and doin the NR.


    then..... sexcited to check my shot..








    The photo look like a sandpaper, no stars, all grains..
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

  19. #239

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    back from the Circle line outing. thanks Nirenj for organizing. finally got to meet Solbadguy and some other new members - Van Faniel, Enileda, raylen.

    KT2 and mapper... din see you guys leh
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

  20. #240

    Default Re: Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by billycadiz View Post
    Goot aftelnoon butties!!!
    Very nice Big Billy!!!TFS!


    I've also tried to shoot startrails on a beach,midnight almost pitch black, put cam in a tripod then left it alone.. hehe! (inspired by KT1 during Kukup;open the shutter and just do its work,), 2 batt fully charged, open the shutter for an hour.. then fell sleep waiting for it to finished reading and doin the NR.


    then..... sexcited to check my shot..








    The photo look like a sandpaper, no stars, all grains..


    print use to smoothen your table surface lor...
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •