Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentax K-7, It IS Here!

Default Re: Pentax K-7, It IS Here!

so many ppl so gan chiong...

im just calm and collected...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Perhaps our local agent can consider pre-orders or do a formal launch and have a special introductory price when the camera is in stock.
    A mass order from Pentax Clubsnappeers might be a good way to ensure a good price. A K-7 launch party would be a good way to win over other users looking to switch.
    Good opportunity to show off the new DA 15mm Limited, DA* 55mm and DA* 60-250mm formally at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post

Hahaha ... we are just drumming up the excitement of a new DSLR offering from Pentax, and hopefully good enough review/s comes along to recruit more pentaxians in Singapore.

EMJAY, you've got a dark horse here ler ... time to work on the marketing?!

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    somebody get in contact with him right away!
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    Came on here after I was at his blog. If I hear back from him, will keep you guys posted. That is, if one of you guys haven't written to him earlier already.
    I've sent him an email regarding the possible meet up w/ us local Pentaxians Let's see how it goes.

BTW, there is a wakeboarding competition next month:
    http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/

I'm guessing Mark is coming for that event, but I'm not so sure about it yet. Good news is, our local Pentax agent, Emjay, will be one of the sponsors for that event All of our Pentaxians are welcome to participate that event, and try your best to get some action shots, and let the others know that our Pentax cameras are also capable of shooting fast pace sports event

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Perhaps our local agent can consider pre-orders or do a formal launch and have a special introductory price when the camera is in stock.
    A mass order from Pentax Clubsnappeers might be a good way to ensure a good price. A K-7 launch party would be a good way to win over other users looking to switch.
    Good opportunity to show off the new DA 15mm Limited, DA* 55mm and DA* 60-250mm formally at the same time.
    That's a brilliant idea Let's talk to Emjay and see how

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Seconded. Considering the lack of advertising budget (which also applies to Pentax as a whole worldwide), we users and fans are its biggest marketing asset. Let's hope MJ realises this too, and work with us -- everyone benefits!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I've sent him an email regarding the possible meet up w/ us local Pentaxians Let's see how it goes.

I'm guessing Mark is coming for that event, but I'm not so sure about it yet. Good news is, our local Pentax agent, Emjay, will be one of the sponsors for that event All of our Pentaxians are welcome to participate that event, and try your best to get some action shots, and let the others know that our Pentax cameras are also capable of shooting fast pace sports event
    longest lens i have is 180mm and its manual... i shoot water can la...

can ask emjay to bring in some 300mm and 600mm and mount there...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

Well, K-7 is akin to the K10 back then... raises the bar for its price niche and level for entire DSLR industry. The excitement is understandable

Can someone fill me in on how long it usually takes the price to drop by $300 and the firmware to stabilize? (using the past models as a guide)
    I'm aiming at a S$1500 price point (Assuming starting price ~$1800) and stable firmware (too non-informed and lazy to do patches) before I buy.

If it had 1/250 flash sync, it would be an unbeatable camera at its price point.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 21st May 2009 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Can someone fill me in on how long it usually takes the price to drop by $300 and the firmware to stabilize? (using the past models as a guide)
    I'm aiming at a S$1500 price point (Assuming starting price ~$1800) and stable firmware (too non-informed and lazy to do patches) before I buy.

If it had 1/250 flash sync, it would be an unbeatable camera at its price point.
    By my experiences, all previous Pentax dSLR cameras have been pretty reliable even after their first launch As to the price, can't say. Local prices for the K10D and K20D hadn't dropped at all even one year after they launched here ...

looks like the june macro outing will have to be postponed to july.. it's time for some sports photography in june! and just nice we can all wear the pentaxian polo shirt and boost pentax's visibility!

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

8 months or less after launch... K20D after 8 months prices starting to reach the S$1200 mark in US...

dun think u need to wait long... i guess is 6months u might see ppl selling...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

longest lens i have is 180mm and its manual... i shoot water can la...

can ask emjay to bring in some 300mm and 600mm and mount there...
    180mm is enough for wakeboarding I think, even DA50200 can do it:

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    looks like the june macro outing will have to be postponed to july.. it's time for some sports photography in june! and just nice we can all wear the pentaxian polo shirt and boost pentax's visibility!
    not to pour cold water... but i can assure u... u will see all the big big guns from N and C there... wait u kena sway by their big guns...

so emjay, pls bring some big guns there ok...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

By my experiences, all previous Pentax dSLR cameras have been pretty reliable even after their first launch As to the price, can't say. Local prices for the K10D and K20D hadn't dropped at all even one year after they launched here ...
    Yeah, I remember the K20 still going for 1.8k here not that long ago!

But that was under previous erm, less-than-ideal distro? The current one may be more responsive and willing to drop prices in tandem with other markets.

Pentax K-7 first thoughts.
    http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/d...view=pentax+k7

When it comes to image quality, I honestly feel like kissing the Pentax engineers responsible for the K-7. Although our pre-production unit didn't come with the final firmware, image quality at all ISO settings seems noticeably superior to the K10D or K20D in terms of image noise and color.

Whether I was shooting under strong incandescent light or horrible mixed lighting conditions the K-7 almost always managed to deliver perfect white balance for accurate color reproduction even with JPEGs.
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Hey guys, check out the current Pentax gear in production:

I guess we just need some BIG GUNS

not to pour cold water... but i can assure u... u will see all the big big guns from N and C there... wait u kena sway by their big guns...

so emjay, pls bring some big guns there ok...
    aiyah then we just go ECP shoot macro lor

should psycho mark dimalanta to bring over his FA*600 with the huge PENTAX wording for us to try try.

Some new K-7 photos taken by my friend in Beijing:

From Imaging resource.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K7/K7A.HTM

Though the Pentax K-7's predecessor, the K20D, is a capable and advanced digital SLR, the K-7 makes a quantum leap, meeting the needs of a wide range of photographers who don't even know they need what the K7 offers.

For the first time, the sensor-shift mechanism can correct not only for horizontal and vertical motion, but also for rotation around the axis of the lens barrel (though we've reported that this was a feature of Shake Reduction back to the K100D, Pentax informs us that this was a result of a translation error back in 2006).

Fortunately, unlike many competing video-capable SLRs, the Pentax K-7 has a microphone jack on its left side, to which you can attach an external stereo microphone. Pentax provided a Rode SVM shoe-mounted stereo mic for us to use with the prototype K-7, and we found it to be an excellent addition

While you can control the lens aperture on some competing SLRs by faking-out the exposure system, the Pentax K7 is the first video-capable SLR that we're aware of that lets you set the lens aperture explicitly. You can't adjust it during recording, but whatever value you set before you begin your clip is the one the camera will use. This is a great feature, one that's been sorely lacking in other video-capable SLRs. We really liked the control this gave us over the depth of field of our recorded videos, and liked knowing that the aperture was exactly what we'd set it to, not some value we hoped we'd tricked the camera into using.

The Pentax K-7 is unique among the video-capable SLRs we've tested to date, in that its body-based image stabilization can be used when recording movies. Not only does this make any lens you're recording with into an IS model, but we found that the image stabilization worked exceptionally well when recording videos. We've recorded videos with other SLRs using IS lenses, but the level of stabilization we found in the Pentax K7 seemed to significantly exceed anything we'd seen previously
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast