Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tranquility

  1. #1

    Default Tranquility

    1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    I wish to get some feedback on the composition and how could I have done better with the framing?
    Does this picture able to give you a sense of serenity as well as relaxation? What should or shouldn’t I do to better handle this kind of landscape situation?


    2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Wish to deliver feelings of tranquility and calmness.

    3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    I took this at late evening, when the sun almost set. Canon 40D, 17-50mm @ 17mm, F18. Shutter speed: 30”.

    4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I personally like the tone and coolness of this picture, but I’m not sure if I did compose the picture correctly in term of the angle, should I shift more to the right to show more of the boats?

    Thank you in advance for the comment.

    Cheers!


    Canon 40D | Tamron 17-55mm f/2.8 | 580EX MK II |

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tranquility

    beautiful photo! just to tell what i feel, its better if those cranes on top right of the picture were not there. everywhere i go, those cranes seem to take place in my composition and its annoying sometimes don't u think? haha otherwise great shot

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,463

    Default Re: Tranquility

    I think its a nice shot. I would crop off the lamp post on the extreme left. There is clubsnapper and active contributor call 'Night86mare'. He has done alot of work in this area. You may want to view his pictures as a reference.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tranquility

    Too much open water on the right and too much rock on the left. So.. the feel of the picture is not balanced....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tranquility

    It's a nice shot for me.
    Framing wise, how about a pano framing, from the top most stone on the left?(personal preference).

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tranquility

    Quote Originally Posted by thetone View Post
    beautiful photo! just to tell what i feel, its better if those cranes on top right of the picture were not there. everywhere i go, those cranes seem to take place in my composition and its annoying sometimes don't u think? haha otherwise great shot
    Thank you, no choice... those cranes are everywhere nowadays..


    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I think its a nice shot. I would crop off the lamp post on the extreme left. There is clubsnapper and active contributor call 'Night86mare'. He has done alot of work in this area. You may want to view his pictures as a reference.
    Thanks for the suggestion, will try to look out for Night86mare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ng View Post
    Too much open water on the right and too much rock on the left. So.. the feel of the picture is not balanced....
    My initial idea was to show more of the water as sea always give people a sense of calmness, but again it's always good to try different angle and see what we get.

    Quote Originally Posted by cthep2 View Post
    It's a nice shot for me.
    Framing wise, how about a pano framing, from the top most stone on the left?(personal preference).
    Thanks for the suggestion, but wish to ask, is pano taking a few shots then stitch it together?

    Thank you for viewing.
    Canon 40D | Tamron 17-55mm f/2.8 | 580EX MK II |

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tranquility

    The starbursts don't work for me. Very distracting.

    I'm guessing you had to stop down to get a long exposure so that the water would be silky? Perhaps try with a GND, slightly larger aperture and manual-focus to hyperfocal distance to compensate for the decrease in DOF?

    Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by silvr; 8th June 2009 at 11:50 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tranquility

    its doesnt portrays what you had intended to. the lights on the left are too distracting and it doesnt give the tranquility feeling. and the picture is too cluttered to portray the simplicity of tranquility and serenity. the foreground seems a tad too underexpose i felt. tranquility and serenity using couples with smooth and simplicity of nature like this.

    oh ya... cranes are not really tat annoying... like labrador park... many great shots comes from there and they have cranes too. i have a humble example here.

    if given a choice i would choose not to take this pic due to the messy components and the unflattering sky.

    cheers. hope my comments helps.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tranquility

    I just see its another regular night in my life. Most probably tomorrow have to work.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tranquility

    The picture would work well if you wanted to show the contrast of the two halves. The left being very greenish and 'natury' and the right being bluish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •