Thread: Sword

Default Sword

Here's a sword that I used last time when I was in WuShu class.

just some noobie pics.Was mugging for last paper and decided to take a break and do some abstract.Do C&C i know they are ugly ^^

Default Re: Sword

Interesting subject.

That should be a sabre instead of a sword and I find the images a bit underexposed.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Interesting subject.

That should be a sabre instead of a sword and I find the images a bit underexposed.
    Ok note taken.My teacher calls it tu long dao LOL.Actually i like my pics abit underexposed but I will try to improve on that though

Personally, I feel that the photos not only lack proper exposure, but lack good composition too.

Too much dark areas and blank space IMO and lacks the contrast and saturation which would arise some interest.

Since it's a sabre/sword, why not make it shine and show it's "power"?

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    Personally, I feel that the photos not only lack proper exposure, but lack good composition too.

Too much dark areas and blank space IMO and lacks the contrast and saturation which would arise some interest.

Since it's a sabre/sword, why not make it shine and show it's "power"?

Just my thoughts.
    I was trying to show it's shape. But sounds like a good idea any suggestion

a very nice piece of sabre for still life...not so much as abstract (too challenging for me ), I would rather arrange it as a still life, but I would need something more to go along.
    What associate with this sabre, or this form of chinese martial art ? Maybe a scroll of the chinese calligraphy of " WU ".

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    a very nice piece of sabre for still life...not so much as abstract (too challenging for me ), I would rather arrange it as a still life, but I would need something more to go along.
    What associate with this sabre, or this form of chinese martial art ? Maybe a scroll of the chinese calligraphy of " WU ".
    Guess need to unsheath the sabre to bring out the still-life composition.

Anyway this is a cheap sabre and not well maintained. Can see from the condition of the metal, grip and the "Dao Cai" (red cloth).

In the past I used to practise with my good-old sabre. Its the heavy type with a dragon carving on the blade. Modified to Black/White dao cai to suit my character

Quote Originally Posted by earthling82 View Post
    Guess need to unsheath the sabre to bring out the still-life composition.

Anyway this is a cheap sabre and not well maintained. Can see from the condition of the metal, grip and the "Dao Cai" (red cloth).

In the past I used to practise with my good-old sabre. Its the heavy type with a dragon carving on the blade. Modified to Black/White dao cai to suit my character
    This one cheapo 1 .Only sound nice nice and is like 5 yrs already