Thread: How to know IS is working???

Default How to know IS is working???

Hi All,

When I half press the shutter, I can hear a small click sound, signifying that IS is on... But when I move the camera after the IS activated, I dunt hear anything from the lens(as in lens adjusting due to the IS), and I see the picture in the viewfinder moves fluently(as is not really locked)....

I even took night shots before with IS, and my pics turned up quite sharp.... Anyway to know whether IS is working or not???

Anybody....
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

Hmm.. try aiming at a edge, or corner, with IS turned off.. Then after that, switch IS on.. if there's a difference, then IS is working..

Well, that was what i saw during SEED..

Deregistered

after you half press the shutter, there will be the unlocking of the IS group in the lens. there will be (should be?) a little light vibration in your lens as the gyro sensors are working to compensate for the slightest shake. hope this helps.

btw, check if you have Mode 1/2 first. switch to the correct mode if you have two of them...

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    after you half press the shutter, there will be the unlocking of the IS group in the lens. there will be (should be?) a little light vibration in your lens as the gyro sensors are working to compensate for the slightest shake. hope this helps.

btw, check if you have Mode 1/2 first. switch to the correct mode if you have two of them...
    That's the thing.. I tried a 28-135 IS before, and it had this little vibration when I shake the camera slightly.. My version of the lens does not have this vibration... Does this mean that IS may not be working... But I still hear the unlocking of the IS group...

I have no mode selection on that lens...
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3