Thread: How to reduce file size?

Default How to reduce file size?

Dunno whether this is the correct place to post this question. I had stack of photo which I
    made it into slide show using Ulead, but the file size is too huge to upload to the net.
    Anybody here know how to do it?

Cheerz!

Default Re: How to reduce file size?

Do you hv Microsoft Office Picture Manager? Open your BIG-M size photo with it, go to 'Edit Photo' and use 'Resize' or 'Compress photo' to reduce size. Also can use Photoshop or Elements software. I'm sure the software that comes with your DSLR should have a resize function in it. Good luck

Try PIXresizer.

I just use Windows Photo Gallery to do any contrast and brightness adjustments. It'll also reduce the file size by quite a lot.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Compress slideshow or image?

Sorry for the misleading guys, I mean those slideshow

I didn't want to lost the detail in pic. Saw some wedding thread, they actually upload some pretty detail slideshow photo, how did they do it? Compressed after converting into mpeg?
    Or they use some software to do slideshow? I am using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 6 now.

Still, start off with smaller bytes photos(lower resolution) and before you burn the slideshow, select the lower resolution. I use the MF6 and I can download the slideshow to my Nokia mobile using a 3GP converter. Search the net cos thay have lots of freeware that can help but beware of the menacing VIRUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Still, start off with smaller bytes photos(lower resolution) and before you burn the slideshow, select the lower resolution. I use the MF6 and I can download the slideshow to my Nokia mobile using a 3GP converter. Search the net cos thay have lots of freeware that can help but beware of the menacing VIRUS!!!
    Thanks a lot!