Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you get stares?

there will be lots of dogs this sat at tanjong beach in the afternoon. You can drop by if you want

Default Nothing wrong with that.......

Quote Originally Posted by ticopi
    Hello,
    Ya I also used to have this feeling.
    But one good thing to realise is that in Singapore it is ok to be an alien.
    Just be a bit thick skin for a while + it might help when people see your work and appreciate it afterwards
    Actually I find it even worse when going overseas. I don't dare to take my camera out in the streets of KL!
    Nothing wrong with taken a camera out in KL. Pleeeeeeeez! If you take out a gun maybe you will get stares

Default Do you get stares?

I do get stares when i get the camera out of the bag but only for the initial part. after 2 minutes or so i settles in.
    i hear there is a device allowing you to shoot a subject perpendicularly to where you are pointing your SLR camera.
    sounds cool but i have yet to see one.
    Perhaps someone would like to confirm such a device.

Cheers

you mean a waist finder?

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    you mean a waist finder?
    erm i don't think so. a waist finder will still need the camera and lens to be pointed at the subject.
    i think it should be a lens attachment to reflect the image perpendicularly so that the camera and lens don't need to point to the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by emollientcolt
    erm i don't think so. a waist finder will still need the camera and lens to be pointed at the subject.
    i think it should be a lens attachment to reflect the image perpendicularly so that the camera and lens don't need to point to the subject.
    I think James has it.

James Bond

siaoant
    Guests

Unhappy

yah it seems to happen all the time..
    i get most stares when my camera is pointed at some weird angle which doesnt make sense to the common public.. they will keep trying to look and find out what exactly i am shooting at..
    somemore, my camera is only a normal digicam lor.. the other day when i used tripod to take nightshots at orchard road, many people stared.. they must be thinking why i need to use a tripod when i dont even have a professional camera.
    and when holding a tripod while walking down the streets, 8 of out 10 people will stare leh.. is a tripod such an eye-sore? it felt so embarassing

Quote Originally Posted by siaoant
    i get most stares when my camera is pointed at some weird angle which doesnt make sense to the common public.. they will keep trying to look and find out what exactly i am shooting at..
    somemore, my camera is only a normal digicam lor.. the other day when i used tripod to take nightshots at orchard road, many people stared.. they must be thinking why i need to use a tripod when i dont even have a professional camera.
    and when holding a tripod while walking down the streets, 8 of out 10 people will stare leh.. is a tripod such an eye-sore? it felt so embarassing
    u probably are a handsome looking chap

Try taking photos of people. Trust me you'll get more 'looks'

Quote Originally Posted by siaoant
    yup..!!! same feeling here... thats why i normally won't take out tripod unless it is really necessary...

if not will draw unnecessary stares or attention from the public...maybe like what you say... the public views is not using a pro camera then what for use a tripod...!!

the stare or whatever somehow dampens the mood for taking photographs alone...
    but i think if there is a group of people taking photographs together... then there will not be so much of this kinda feeling...!
    " Ren Duo hao Pan Si "

Quote Originally Posted by emollientcolt
    I do get stares when i get the camera out of the bag but only for the initial part. after 2 minutes or so i settles in.
    i hear there is a device allowing you to shoot a subject perpendicularly to where you are pointing your SLR camera.
    sounds cool but i have yet to see one.
    Perhaps someone would like to confirm such a device.

Cheers
    its sold overseas for pervs... mostly on 37mm thread which videocams use, u focus on the front & it actually pictures to your left or right, up or down, but quality not good due to fact it is using a mirror to get the image. so degrade is definite.

think yeogi is selling 1, check out hwz classified.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

wow! learn so much tips & tatics sia!! I also feel shy when street
    shooting with my CP5700. Everytime I take it out, everyone look
    at like like as though I'm an alien. hahha...

Since Singaporeans more tolerant of Tourists, wonder if we should
    dress like a tourist too..

Smile shy shy

i'm so glad i came to this thread, i thought i was the only one who's shy to take out my camera...

i've been carrying my 5700 with me every weekend for the past month, but i've still not dared to take it out and snap.

gonna try next time, at least i know i'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    i'm so glad i came to this thread, i thought i was the only one who's shy to take out my camera...

i've been carrying my 5700 with me every weekend for the past month, but i've still not dared to take it out and snap.

gonna try next time, at least i know i'm not alone.
    Oh trust me, you're so not alone!

Use the tactics! I've tried them! And after a few tries, you'll feel like life's so interesting and want to snap some more!

GO GO GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    I'm a newbie with photography. The other day in school when I tried to do some 'streetshooting', I get stares from everyone around. I felt like a total outcast then....... Have anyone of you felt this way when you first started? Is it normal? How did you overcome it?
    simple...
    act blur..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    I can relate to that since i have the S602 but hey, i've got people who asked me if i was a professional when i was using my S602 with a Nikon SB24 mounted.
    but but but.. you're right now a professional who hangs around Sentosa pretty often, right? still there anymore, or fulltime photography on mainland already?

ignore my earlier answer - a sincere, wide toothy grin will let the party you're shooting feel MUCH at ease instead of a stone-faced photographer who shoots like a GPMG gunner... and of course, HOW you smile is really a skill

ashleyy, did you shoot the reverse bungee recently? i saw a lady with a cp5700 there.

Hey at least you guys got something decent to shoot with! I only got a S304 to shoot with, think about all the stares I attract. No choice, got to practice on acting blur and smiling when people stare at me.

as always:

JUST SHOOT.

Hi sehsuan, nope. have not been to sentosa for quite long liao. hoping to go soon. btw, I'm a guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Hi sehsuan, nope. have not been to sentosa for quite long liao. hoping to go soon. btw, I'm a guy....
    He's a guy, coz girls would like the stare and attention yah? heheheeeeeeeeeeeee

NO NO! DUN me!

my bad

hahaha.....

Anyway, for me, I also often go out to shoot with a few friends.
    So lesser pple dare to stare at us.... lolx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast