Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Was walking near Esplanade when saw a cute gal dressed in what looked like Japanese school uniform, eating ice cream, walking with 2 guys, one of the guys carrying a handheld video cam (those small ones with flip screen) a few metres in front of her and was video-ing her every step. I not sure if its filming a movie or whatever, the gal certainly dun looks Japanese (more like a local, maybe a model?) I dunno why but still I felt it was kinda creepy.

    Not sure if it was for a TFCD shoot or something, din see any other photogs ard. Wondering if during photoshoots besides still photography do ppl bring video cam and film the mollers doing their stuff? Is such thing allowed? No extra charges also?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    I think the school uniform thing is a bit odd as well! There are even some shoots with that theme!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    nvr take their pics ah?

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sing-a-pour
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    maybe u saw pimping? voyeurism? its common in sum parts of the world but not singapore.

    maybe u are seeing things?

  5. #5
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    nvr take their pics ah?
    I think he's the videographer himself???
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  6. #6

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Podcast?
    Meow!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I think the school uniform thing is a bit odd as well! There are even some shoots with that theme!
    Yes definitely there are shoots wif that theme...I am quite sure that the gal is a model....just that find the whole getup a bit strange...u don't usually encounter ppl video-ing pretty gals while walking down the street don't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    nvr take their pics ah?
    Cam in bag I lazy to take out also. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Phoenix View Post
    maybe u saw pimping? voyeurism? its common in sum parts of the world but not singapore.

    maybe u are seeing things?
    Dun think its pimping tho...voyeurism? So openly in the streets? But what is strange is that the gal like simply bochap lor...she just happily walking along eating her ice cream while the guy 1-2 metres away walking backward video-ing her every step...if that ain't creepy what is?

    Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    I think he's the videographer himself???

  8. #8
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    definitely not a xmm or else u sure take out ur cam n SSS lor..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    definitely not a xmm or else u sure take out ur cam n SSS lor..
    Well kinda looked a bit older than XMM. Not sure din take a closer look.

  10. #10
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    quite a strange sight for sure. lol

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Was walking near Esplanade when saw a cute gal dressed in what looked like Japanese school uniform, eating ice cream, walking with 2 guys, one of the guys carrying a handheld video cam (those small ones with flip screen) a few metres in front of her and was video-ing her every step. I not sure if its filming a movie or whatever, the gal certainly dun looks Japanese (more like a local, maybe a model?) I dunno why but still I felt it was kinda creepy.

    Not sure if it was for a TFCD shoot or something, din see any other photogs ard. Wondering if during photoshoots besides still photography do ppl bring video cam and film the mollers doing their stuff? Is such thing allowed? No extra charges also?
    not strange la .... more like expected ... your description profile can only match one member here .... that will be "SGVIDEOMAN" ... thats his 'specialty'.. he dresses them up and videos them ... dun believe ? take a look ... http://sgvideoman.multiply.com/

  12. #12

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I think the school uniform thing is a bit odd as well! There are even some shoots with that theme!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I think the school uniform thing is a bit odd as well! There are even some shoots with that theme!
    School uniforms are in thing.

    I am having one pair made for me too.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    School uniforms are in thing.

    I am having one pair made for me too.
    How do you wear a pair of uniform? You mean, just a pair of pants and thats it?

    I would love to see some pictures of your version of school uniform.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    so u implying those shooting xmm in jap school uniform are more straight?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Description-wise, it could very well be a segment for a publicity video made by some varsity CCA clubs for use in their marketing collaterals for the upcoming academic year, or some short film project's estab shots? I saw a few instances of similar filming work being done around the NUS field a few days ago as well.

    In the absence of actual image or a more definitive description, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the blue.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 17th May 2009 at 01:33 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  17. #17

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    esplanade seems to be a popular site for moller shoots..... saw one recently (before the CATS performance), ang moh moller chatting with a local photog and his buddy who was holding a reflector.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    How do you wear a pair of uniform? You mean, just a pair of pants and thats it?

    I would love to see some pictures of your version of school uniform.
    Please register and pay up for the photoshoot first.

    NMNT.

  19. #19
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Why is videography any more deplorable than photography?

  20. #20
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Today I saw a strange sight near Esplanade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    School uniforms are in thing.

    I am having one pair made for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    How do you wear a pair of uniform? You mean, just a pair of pants and thats it?

    I would love to see some pictures of your version of school uniform.
    sala lar, sion wears skirt, not pants.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •