Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dresscode for AD Photographer?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dresscode for AD Photographer?

dress for the occasion/location

respect your client and yourself

I wear clean black jeans and a comfortable short sleeve shirt and change to a new shirt for the evening.

Imagine wearing a sweaty shirt for a formal dinner. yucks

i would typically wear a shirt and jeans and proper leather shoes if it is at a hotel.

in sg, a jacket is typically not required. unless you wear a t-shirt, then might be a good idea to top it off with a jacket.

weather jeans torn or not depends on the actual image and style... if you can pull it off as fashionable then but if you look like a beggar then better avoid

seem like we need to have a T&C for dresscode liao.

I think every different kind of photographer got their professional style but they may forget the basic courtesy of wear smart and cool.

Wedding is something that is important for any couple. They want it to be as perfect as possible.

From 2100,

Jean with hole is not suitable but I think the back pocket if got hole will be alright.

Dont recommend wear long sleeve shirt neither short sleeve with any flashy design or else you look more like a tourist than a photographer.

Want to try wear short black short and an Ah pek singlet for pre-wedding. XD

jk~

However if customer who face extreme kind of cases that photographer wear slipper or etc. You can feedback to them then dont pay full amount!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Decbride View Post
    I'm one of the victim... I planned my entire wedding so perfectly and it was held in a 5 stars hotel. The photographer forgot my event! And when we called him (which he had missed our solemnisation + cocktail session already), he came in an old t-shirt, short and flip-flop. simply something that i won't even wear to market! A very bad memory for my wedding, and yet we still pay him full (stupid of us)...
    If for me I won't paid the photographer the full amount.

Think Jeans with a simple polo t, loafers/sports shoes would suffice. Its flexible, sweat absorbant, and allows full ease of movement. polo T should be of a relatively low-key color like Black or dark brown, so as not to attract too much attention. Yep, no holes in jeans pls, front, thigh, back or whatever.

Shorts, singlet, slippers are a no-no, unless of-course, the AD wedding is held at the beach. Even so, it's good etiquette to dress in a less than showy manner because attention should be focused on the couple and guests and not the photographer.

for classy night time dinners

Nothing less than a suit or tux.

Shows your class. You have to look as classy as your photos.

Unless your photos are not up to that quality of course, then u may dress accordingly.

For church weddings, shirt and pants, maybe tie.

How you dress reflects who you are as a person, and how people look at you and sum you up. If you look totally classy, and have the same quality photos as you look, you're going to project yourself very positively.

I'm one of the victim... I planned my entire wedding so perfectly and it was held in a 5 stars hotel. The photographer forgot my event! And when we called him (which he had missed our solemnisation + cocktail session already), he came in an old t-shirt, short and flip-flop. simply something that i won't even wear to market! A very bad memory for my wedding, and yet we still pay him full (stupid of us)...
    you should share this with your friends...so next time they learn to hire a reputable photographer.

As for me, I dress to the occasion. If there is a theme I'd go with the theme too. Otherwise my dressing very much blends me into the crowd. Makes my job a lot easier to capture the 'in-your-face-LOL' shot

really?

wondering how did he get pass the hotel lobby?

and where did you get this photographer from?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I guess many has mentioned... but I guess it is good to dress for the occassion.

With wedding, probably you like to dress like how you would attend a wedding in more casual way.

With other type of photography, it will probably how you would like others to think of you. You could have a "signature" or going for formal.

At the end of the day, if you are doing this full time or part-time but seriously going into full time, you might want to consider how the whole "package" measure up with the price you charge.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hart

whatever one wears, just add a shooting vest. just like in old days.

Think our problem here is we (photographer) wear what we wanted to wear.

Maybe I will start asking my client what they want me to wear cos it is their wedding and I am employed to cover it.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

if you ask client what to wear, it sounds like quite lost. Just dress smart casual.

....and add a shooting vest. hhehe

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    if you ask client what to wear, it sounds like quite lost. Just dress smart casual.

....and add a shooting vest. hhehe
    Don't think so, your profession is photography not fashion stylist.. Flipflop with shooting vest ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Think our problem here is we (photographer) wear what we wanted to wear.
    Maybe I will start asking my client what they want me to wear cos it is their wedding and I am employed to cover it.
    Some couples have a theme or two for the wedding (especially if two cultures meet). Good to know what will go on. A tuxedo is a classical outfit but might be a bit off for an Indian wedding.
    Apart from that the old rule applies: The photographer represents the company he's working for. It's not his private amusement, it's work for clients. Therefore, professional attitude and attire is required. Depending on the location and duration it might require to have a 2nd set of clothes to change. There's always a 5min break for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Some couples have a theme or two for the wedding (especially if two cultures meet). Good to know what will go on. A tuxedo is a classical outfit but might be a bit off for an Indian wedding.
    Apart from that the old rule applies: The photographer represents the company he's working for. It's not his private amusement, it's work for clients. Therefore, professional attitude and attire is required. Depending on the location and duration it might require to have a 2nd set of clothes to change. There's always a 5min break for that.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    I guess many has mentioned... but I guess it is good to dress for the occassion.

With wedding, probably you like to dress like how you would attend a wedding in more casual way.

With other type of photography, it will probably how you would like others to think of you. You could have a "signature" or going for formal.

At the end of the day, if you are doing this full time or part-time but seriously going into full time, you might want to consider how the whole "package" measure up with the price you charge.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hart

Hart what you said may make sense (going formal in ang mo land mean coat, vest, tie and of course formal pants) in a cooler climate but here when you add that say to a vest, 2 cameras, a lens change or 2 in Singapore outside of an air con vennue that is a recipe for heat stroke. Dress formally should serve a photog best - formal as in office formal not fashion formal unless you a branded and famous cleb photog. Basic simple common sense applies to dress in a manner that allows you to do your work best.

Did a few wedding dinners in suite/tie found while it looks good it is a killer in terms of heat. In the day no way - heck my suites were a lot better than the groom's in those days. Understand from associates in UK that they still shoot wedding in formal - meaning tux or tux like but theirs are at norm 4 hour events and its cooler there.

Fire the photographer and send her home rather dont photo than embrass your guest

the event photographer can forget an event? that is just horrible.

as a photographer, your priorities should be actually being there with your camera. of course, i would say that the photographer have to dress appropriately as well.

the only time which i would wear berms and sport shoes is during a full day sports event. it will be very very very warm. other than that, i think the photographer simply needs to dress appropriately. at least a shirt and pants for AD. just simply showing respect for your client and the location.

some hotels/restaurants wouldn't even allow people who are not in proper attire to enter. much less a wedding. imagine the guests shooting pictures and they can see the photographer in the background in flip flops and shorts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12