Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenko DG Auto Extension Tube Set for the Nikon AF Mount

Default Re: Kenko DG Auto Extension Tube Set for the Nikon AF Mount

Hi Guys,

Can anyone share where can I find this Kenko Extension tubes? I called few shop like Cathay, Lords, John... they only have the Triplus brand...

Also, anyone know what is the best price I can get in the market now?

Thanks a million again guys... ^^

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ck3128 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone share where can I find this Kenko Extension tubes? I called few shop like Cathay, Lords, John... they only have the Triplus brand...

Also, anyone know what is the best price I can get in the market now?

Thanks a million again guys... ^^

Cheers.
    Tk Foto should have them (i bought mine from them some time back) if not try OP @ SLS
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Thanks man... ^^

Called TK but they also don't have it. I wonder why if this product is good, how come so many shop don't have?????

* Anyway, the best price I can get is $190 (TCW) and $200 (OP) cash payment include GST...

Hi... I am Canon user, but also use Kenko Extension tube (36mm, 20mm and 12mm).. I have tried before coupled it with my tamron 17-50mm, but when the lens extend to 50mm (for biggest magnification), it would be too long and surely will touch the subject before it can focus.

I can say that the best set up is with 50mm lens (I am using 50mm f1.8). the set up is really nice and great.. could capture lots of details and easy to focus, most of the time I only coupled it with the 36mm, but for tiny bugs, I can stack all three and no problem with it)

you can see some of my shoot on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/marboed...7622494587242/

this is my latest captures using the setup.

Last edited by marboed; 28th January 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Yes, mine can
    Hello.
    I have just purchased a 50mm f1.8D nikkor lens and am having problems getting it to work with a set of Kenco DG extension tubes on my Nikkon D5000 body. The LCD comes up with a message saying "lock lens aperture ring at minimum aperture", despite the fact that it is already locked in this way. The camera does not record ant photos when I depress the shutter. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by valerian View Post
    Hello.
    I have just purchased a 50mm f1.8D nikkor lens and am having problems getting it to work with a set of Kenco DG extension tubes on my Nikkon D5000 body. The LCD comes up with a message saying "lock lens aperture ring at minimum aperture", despite the fact that it is already locked in this way. The camera does not record ant photos when I depress the shutter. Any ideas??
    hmm... are you getting an fEE error? My 25mm tube has been giving that problem recently, prolly loose CPU contacts. A little twist to push the contacts tight solves it though =P

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    hmm... are you getting an fEE error? My 25mm tube has been giving that problem recently, prolly loose CPU contacts. A little twist to push the contacts tight solves it though =P
    Thanks for your speedy reply.
    Yes I am getting a fEE message. I have just tried a twist to no avail. (the coupling is pretty tight). Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by marboed View Post
    Hi... I am Canon user, but also use Kenko Extension tube (36mm, 20mm and 12mm).. I have tried before coupled it with my tamron 17-50mm, but when the lens extend to 50mm (for biggest magnification), it would be too long and surely will touch the subject before it can focus.

I can say that the best set up is with 50mm lens (I am using 50mm f1.8). the set up is really nice and great.. could capture lots of details and easy to focus, most of the time I only coupled it with the 36mm, but for tiny bugs, I can stack all three and no problem with it)

you can see some of my shoot on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/marboed...7622494587242/

this is my latest captures using the setup.

can share what type of diy flash diffuser you using?

Quote Originally Posted by valerian View Post
    Thanks for your speedy reply.
    Yes I am getting a fEE message. I have just tried a twist to no avail. (the coupling is pretty tight). Any other suggestions?
    yipe*

Uhh, as a last resort give the CPU contacts a lil' wipe, just in case they're soiled. Otherwise, guess you have to send it for servicing

There's a fEE error for all yr lenses right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12