Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: methods of selecting the best lens..

  1. #21
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    I had nvr tested any of my lens for sharpness when i purchased. For 2nd-hand, i just check physical conditions, take a couple of shots and that's it. The rest of the online purchases, i definitely can't check. But its so far so good.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  2. #22
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    btw...any ways to make the zooming for tamron more smoother?!..
    if can smoothen it...it gonna b a real keeper..
    Don't consider this as a kind of disadvantage. Some Tamron and Sigma lenses suffer from "zoom creeping" - because of weight and less tough zoom mechanism.

  3. #23

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    spray it with some WD40.

    ok, don't.

    anyways, congrats to you that you found your best lens!
    ar ha..thanks thanks!...took it for a shoot 2day when visitied st andrew's cathedral..the f2.8 is super handy wif the bump of iso setting to 800...coz no flash allows...

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I had nvr tested any of my lens for sharpness when i purchased. For 2nd-hand, i just check physical conditions, take a couple of shots and that's it. The rest of the online purchases, i definitely can't check. But its so far so good.
    wow..tat's so risky...too bad..i can't afford it not to test...NS boi..poor..if choose e wrong 1..will regret...been hestitated for pass 1 mths plus thinking whether i should upgrade to tamron..stick to kit..or save $300 bux more for 17-40 f4....
    haha...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Don't consider this as a kind of disadvantage. Some Tamron and Sigma lenses suffer from "zoom creeping" - because of weight and less tough zoom mechanism.
    huh??..zoom creeping referring to?...sorry ar...noob in this "word" term...

    cheers all!

  4. #24

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    huh??..zoom creeping referring to?...sorry ar...noob in this "word" term...
    cheers all!
    means when pointing downwards the lens will extend its zoom due to the weight and gravity.

  5. #25

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    means when pointing downwards the lens will extend its zoom due to the weight and gravity.
    oic..thanks for explaining....
    true true too..my canon 55-250mm IS had this problem when i hood on wif hood...(is it common or can i send in for service??)..

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    oic..thanks for explaining....
    true true too..my canon 55-250mm IS had this problem when i hood on wif hood...(is it common or can i send in for service??)..
    You can service it but it will come back. It's a part of wear and tear.

  7. #27

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    You can service it but it will come back. It's a part of wear and tear.
    Oooo..wat a waste then...intend to use the lens for marco wif +4 close up...but it keeps zoom out when i face downward in 45 degree angle...
    sad for tat...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    Oooo..wat a waste then...intend to use the lens for marco wif +4 close up...but it keeps zoom out when i face downward in 45 degree angle...
    sad for tat...
    Um. You can just hold the zoom ring and it won't creep.

    And it's macro, not marco.

  9. #29

    Default Re: methods of selecting the best lens..

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Um. You can just hold the zoom ring and it won't creep.

    And it's macro, not marco.
    ophs....wrong spelling..
    anyway..
    morning cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •