Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Full Frame...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Incorrect. The 'full frame' here just refers to 35mm photography, not MF or LF.
    That is why some people no longer call it full frame on its own, but 35 mm equivalent instead of just using the word full frame. Cos it causes some much confusion and disagreement.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Others call it "spoonfeeding". Here a link for additional reading:
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/full...-advantage.htm
    Thanks for Spoon Feeding

  3. #23
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Incorrect. The 'full frame' here just refers to 35mm photography, not MF or LF.
    Ok I stand corrected. Just checked Wikipedia, and also the Nikon website.
    Nikon also uses the term "full-frame professional DSLR" to refer to their D3 and D3X.
    Exploring! :)

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    That is why some people no longer call it full frame on its own, but 35 mm equivalent instead of just using the word full frame. Cos it causes some much confusion and disagreement.
    But we're all talking about 35mm photography so a full 35mm sensor is considered full frame.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Ok I stand corrected. Just checked Wikipedia, and also the Nikon website.
    Nikon also uses the term "full-frame professional DSLR" to refer to their D3 and D3X.
    Yeah, similarly for Canon's 1Ds series.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Incorrect. The 'full frame' here just refers to 35mm photography, not MF or LF.
    Full frame is a generic term. It does not necessarily mean you are wrong or right to say the 5D is a full frame camera for instance, because full frame can refer to a full 135 format digital sensor (35mm still image format).

    Full frame can also refer to medium formats, or large formats, because, for instance, some digital medium format backs do have crop factors too. Hence, in that realm, full frame also refers to a full 120 format digital sensor, and you get the drift.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Full frame is a generic term. It does not necessarily mean you are wrong or right to say the 5D is a full frame camera for instance, because full frame can refer to a full 135 format digital sensor (35mm still image format).

    Full frame can also refer to medium formats, or large formats, because, for instance, some digital medium format backs do have crop factors too. Hence, in that realm, full frame also refers to a full 120 format digital sensor, and you get the drift.
    But we're all referring to here as your 35mm film, 36mm x 24mm size. If u look at TS's description, is he referring to 135 format?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Full Frame...

    WOW !! Loads of Information...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •