Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

MAGPIES FOOLED BY `BANTER`

Posted 13/06/09 19:46

The north-east businessman claiming to be preparing a £150million takeover of Newcastle has emerged as a Sunderland fan having some "banter".

A press release issued on behalf of a 'Rick Parkinson' on Friday morning announced he had put together a five-man consortium ready to offer Mike Ashley £90million for the club.

It also claimed Parkinson would put £30million into restructuring the business and install Alan Shearer as manager with a £30million war-chest.

However, it was revealed later on Friday that the club were aware of the consortium and it has now emerged that 'Parkinson' is in fact Richard Parker, a lifelong Sunderland fan.

He told the Daily Mail: "It's all friendly banter. I'm sure the majority of Magpie fans will see the funny side but I'm afraid it is something they're going to have to put up with for a while.

"We haven't had a great deal to shout about in the last 16 years or so at Sunderland, but this summer has, without doubt, made up for all those years of hurt. Newcastle's plight, as difficult as it is for their fans, is music to our ears.

"We could easily have gone down on the final day as well, but that makes it all the funnier for Sunderland fans and nobody can really blame us for milking it for as long as we possibly can."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

SIR ALEX WANTS TORRES TO BE THE NEW RONALDO

SIR ALEX FERGUSON is planning an audacious raid on Liverpool for Kop striking hero Fernando Torres.

Armed with the £80 million windfall from Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Real Madrid, the Manchester United boss is determined to make his own impact in a transfer market which is becoming bloated with money from the big clubs.

Liverpool hitman Torres is the shock target, as Sir Alex knows that a bid of around £40m would have to be seriously considered by United’s title rivals who have severe cash problems.

If Ferguson could pull off the coup, it would be a slap in the face for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who was involved in a war of words with the Scot during the second half of the season.

Liverpool, who paid £20m to bring Torres from Atletico Madrid, would fight tooth and nail to hang on to the Spaniard but a British transfer record offer would give the Anfield boardroom serious food for thought.

In the meantime, Ferguson will pursue what could turn out to be more realistic targets – Lyon’s French striker Karim Benzema, Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o, Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero, Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery and Valencia’s David Silva.

A £20m deal to take Wigan’s wide right sided player Antonio Valencia to Old Trafford will be finalised in the next few days.

United believe they will lose Carlos Tevez to neighbours Manchester City but are more confident of fighting off the interest in unsettled defender Nemanja Vidic, who is being monitored by Barcelona and AC Milan.

It seem old fergie started to get senile

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

SIR ALEX FERGUSON is planning an audacious raid on Liverpool for Kop striking hero Fernando Torres.

Armed with the £80 million windfall from Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Real Madrid, the Manchester United boss is determined to make his own impact in a transfer market which is becoming bloated with money from the big clubs.

Liverpool hitman Torres is the shock target, as Sir Alex knows that a bid of around £40m would have to be seriously considered by United’s title rivals who have severe cash problems.

If Ferguson could pull off the coup, it would be a slap in the face for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who was involved in a war of words with the Scot during the second half of the season.

Liverpool, who paid £20m to bring Torres from Atletico Madrid, would fight tooth and nail to hang on to the Spaniard but a British transfer record offer would give the Anfield boardroom serious food for thought.

In the meantime, Ferguson will pursue what could turn out to be more realistic targets – Lyon’s French striker Karim Benzema, Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o, Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero, Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery and Valencia’s David Silva.

A £20m deal to take Wigan’s wide right sided player Antonio Valencia to Old Trafford will be finalised in the next few days.

United believe they will lose Carlos Tevez to neighbours Manchester City but are more confident of fighting off the interest in unsettled defender Nemanja Vidic, who is being monitored by Barcelona and AC Milan.

It seem old fergie started to get senile
    NO WAY TORRES IS PRICED $80MIL! he is priceless for goodness sake, old fergie in his lalaland sibo !

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    NO WAY TORRES IS PRICED $80MIL! he is priceless for goodness sake, old fergie in his lalaland sibo !
    torres won't leave.

old fergie getting senile

old fergie getting senile

dun think he senile
    so early start mind games.... knn, 80million to spend and we dun have money

got to be some rubbish reports from some rubbish reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    dun think he senile
    so early start mind games.... knn, 80million to spend and we dun have money

we got alot of rubbish players to sell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    we got alot of rubbish players to sell!!

unfortunately other clubs only interested in the players we dun wanna sell: torres, marsch and alonso

unfortunately other clubs only interested in the players we dun wanna sell: torres, marsch and alonso

angry!

spain 5-0 new zealand ---- Torres hattrick

spain 5-0 new zealand ---- torres hattrick

wooooooooooo!!

spain 5-0 new zealand ---- Torres hattrick

Thanks for the link.

Both clubs wouldn't want to sell players to each other, especially star players.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post

Both clubs wouldn't want to sell players to each other, especially star players.

give us 180million, we might consider

give us 180million, we might consider
    For that price they probably might want Gerrard as a free gift as well

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    For that price they probably might want Gerrard as a free gift as well

ask them to buy Newcastle, a lot of free players

hahahahhahaha

got one funny player still put up some self-advert brochure for prospective new clubs! aiyo!! if got quality if got class, why the need for such a drastic measure???

i heard he was once england star striker n a former real kuniang player!

SAD SAD SAD!!

Deregistered

but i think oldcastle can up lorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    hahahahhahaha

got one funny player still put up some self-advert brochure for prospective new clubs! aiyo!! if got quality if got class, why the need for such a drastic measure???

i heard he was once england star striker n a former real kuniang player!

SAD SAD SAD!!
    mebbe he's trying to persuade rafa to give him a 2nd chance?