Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Alankpy View Post
    Me still waiting for tat too!!!
    Charby Buddy... are u there listening??
    u want to shoot XMM or LKK in reds jersey
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (37) A NEW BEGINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    u want to shoot XMM or LKK in reds jersey
    Haha... bro... u so smart... sure know wat i wan lah.
    Heehee...

Anyway... it would be fun too if we shoot ourselves in actions... wearing the famous liverpool jersey. Hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Alankpy View Post
    Haha... bro... u so smart... sure know wat i wan lah.
    Heehee...

Anyway... it would be fun too if we shoot ourselves in actions... wearing the famous liverpool jersey. Hahaha...
    and with someone in undies
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-23635558/

Liverpool FC's Xabi Alonso will stay at Anfield, says Rafa Benitez

May 16 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

The 27-year-old’s future has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks with Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid all linked with a move for the Spaniard.

Alonso, who is fit to return to the squad for tomorrow’s clash at West Brom, has enjoyed an impressive campaign at the heart of Liverpool’s midfield.

And the Reds boss has ruled out sacrificing him to fund any squad rebuilding.

“Xabi has been doing really well this season,” Benitez said.

“He’s a key player for us and with him being fit again it will give us a different option in midfield.

“Xabi has been talking about how he wants to stay here and we certainly want to keep him so I don’t think there will be any problems.”

Meanwhile, Benitez has criticised the Premier League for failing to ensure clubs kick-off at the same time this weekend.

Manchester United need just a point from their home clash with Arsenal today to be crowned champions ahead of Liverpool’s trip to the Midlands tomorrow.
    Last edited by boresome; 20th May 2009 at 10:29 PM.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...2534-23581141/

Rafa Benitez: Liverpool's title challenge will help attract players

May 9 2009 Ian Doyle

RAFAEL BENITEZ believes Liverpool are only “one or two” top-class players away from a championship-winning side.

And the Anfield manager is convinced his team’s prolonged title challenge this season will make it easier to snap up his summer transfer targets.

While still harbouring hopes of overhauling Manchester United in the race for this season’s Premier League crown, Benitez is already planning for the new campaign.

The Spaniard is expected to be handed at least £20million by the Anfield board but has already conceded he must sell players to facilitate the required big-money transfers.

Although the pursuit of Valencia forward David Silva has momentarily stalled, Benitez is tracking a number of other high-profile targets.

And confident the spine of his side is already in place and bolstered by a crop of promising youngsters, the Anfield manager reckons his squad now requires just a touch of fine-tuning.

“The spine of the team is there,” said Benitez, whose team travel to West Ham United this evening. “We have very good players in the spine and that’s often the most important thing.

“We can improve a little bit in certain areas, but overall we don’t need to change a lot of players.

“When we first came here, we had to improve a lot and we often didn’t have the money or the options to bring all the players we wanted and we weren’t quite there.

“Now, everybody knows we are so close that if we want to bring a top-class player it will be easier. We can say ‘come to Liverpool as you will win trophies in the future’ and I think these players will come.

“We have some young players improving, and if they improve maybe we don’t need to bring anyone in. But clearly we need to bring in some quality players to take us a step forward.

“If we can keep the consistency of this year, then one or two players could make a massive difference. If we can keep Gerrard and Torres fit for most of the season, that will make a difference also.”

Benitez also expects young players such as David Ngog and Lucas Leiva to feature more prominently next season.

“Every year we try to improve the squad,” he said. “This squad now is much better than in the first year, so it makes it more difficult to improve.

“For example, we have Ngog who is a young player, has quality and talent, and if he keeps progressing then maybe he can be a solution in attack. But you never know, you can’t rush young players and their development, so maybe you have to bring other players in.”

And while mindful of the Champions League quota for homegrown players, Benitez believes quality and not nationality will again be the priority during the transfer window.

“We had the same problem this year,” he said. “We have two local players (Gerrard and Carragher) and we have youngsters Darby, Spearing, Kelly and Irwin, so we had young players we maybe didn’t use that much in the Champions League.

“Both the fans and the staff want good English players, but mainly good players. So if the good players are English, that is better.”

Both Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano are available for this evening’s visit to Upton Park, although Xabi Alonso misses out as he continues to nurse the ankle injury sustained in the red-card challenge by Newcastle United’s Joey Barton last Sunday.

However, the Spaniard is expected to be fit for next week’s trip to West Bromwich Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    My favourite thread...
    Fellow Kops reporting in
    Welcome welcome. Good to see more fellow Kop in this thread where crazy Liverpool fans + several other closet fans gather to TCSS, and to curse/swear/celebrate/vomit blood/wave undies at our favourite team in red
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by boresome View Post
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-23635558/

Liverpool FC's Xabi Alonso will stay at Anfield, says Rafa Benitez

May 16 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

The 27-year-old’s future has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks with Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid all linked with a move for the Spaniard.

Alonso, who is fit to return to the squad for tomorrow’s clash at West Brom, has enjoyed an impressive campaign at the heart of Liverpool’s midfield.

And the Reds boss has ruled out sacrificing him to fund any squad rebuilding.

“Xabi has been doing really well this season,” Benitez said.

“He’s a key player for us and with him being fit again it will give us a different option in midfield.

“Xabi has been talking about how he wants to stay here and we certainly want to keep him so I don’t think there will be any problems.”

Meanwhile, Benitez has criticised the Premier League for failing to ensure clubs kick-off at the same time this weekend.

Manchester United need just a point from their home clash with Arsenal today to be crowned champions ahead of Liverpool’s trip to the Midlands tomorrow.
    tis is wat we want to read!

and say no to curry berry unless he is FOC!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Welcome welcome. Good to see more fellow Kop in this thread where crazy Liverpool fans + several other closet fans gather to TCSS, and to curse/swear/celebrate/vomit blood/wave undies at our favourite team in red
    YAYYYY!!!

* waving Elva Hsiao's G-String now *

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    YAYYYY!!!

* waving Elva Hsiao's G-String now *
    guitar string?

tis is wat we want to read!

and say no to curry berry unless he is FOC!!!
    he will be, the season after next.

Quote Originally Posted by boresome View Post
    http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...2534-23581141/

RAFAEL BENITEZ believes Liverpool are only “one or two” top-class players away from a championship-winning side.
    I really hope he meant premiership title, hope is in not planning to take us down only to win the championship title...

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I really hope he meant premiership title, hope is in not planning to take us down only to win the championship title...
    read watever he said with a huge bucket of salt.

LIVERPOOL NEWS
    Benitez: Liverpool may break transfer record

May 20, 2009

Rafael Benitez has said he may well break the club's transfer record again this summer. In the last two summers, the Liverpool boss has spent £20m-plus on first Fernando Torres and then Robbie Keane.

And although Benitez is believed to have been given only £20m by the club's American owners for a transfer spree - any more will have to come from sales - the Spaniard is planning purchases at both ends of the financial scale.

Linked again with Carlos Tevez this week - a move that has been talked about at Anfield now for some while - the club say they have not made a bid to the players' third party owners.

But Benitez is known to be keen to pair Tevez again with his compatriot Javier Mascherano, the Argentina stars joining West Ham together back in August 2006.

However, he said: ''We may well break our transfer record, but certainly not Manchester United's. But it does not matter about the prices, it is doing the right thing and finding the right players.''

But having all but assured themselves of runners-up spot in the Premier League now behind champions Manchester United, Benitez knows he has to work carefully in the transfer market this summer to maximise the funds he has been given, or can generate.

He said: ''The next step is to overcome Manchester United, and that is the hardest. It does all come down to the money they have been able to spend, that is the difference.

''If we want to reduce this gap we have to be really good in the transfer market this summer. That can be the difference between winning the two or three extra points that we would need to win the title.

''We do not have that sort of money, so we have to be cute and clever in the market. Then it does not matter if you have money or not.

''When you have a lot of money it is easier because nobody notices your mistakes. For us it is important to find good targets to buy and make ourselves successful.

''We have learned a lot about our squad this season, we know each player that little bit better and it means we can improve for next season.''

He added: ''The fact that we have won nine of our last 10 games and not won the title just shows the high level of the Premier League.

''This season we have managed very good performances against the top sides, something we had not been doing before and now we have to improve a little bit more.

''We have 83 points and that would have been enough to win the title on six other occasions since the Premier League started. I can only underline that I am pleased and proud of my team to have gone this close.''

Benitez has started to generate cash from his squad by agreeing a £1m fee for defender Jack Hobbs to stay at Leicester, where he has helped them to promotion from League One. Winger Paul Anderson will also join Swansea for a fee of around £750,000.

Xabi Alonso is being linked with a £22m move to Real Madrid, while Ryan Babel could also be sold. Striker Andriy Voronin is also expected to be moved on.

think raf999 is obsessed with manCircle.

He got nightmares all these years

Now he is giving prior excuses just in case he cant succeed. Give that man a good welcome when he is Sg, next season he has to win something.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    He has to win the elusive league title. For a start win the league cup which LFC holds quite a record

yah i think so too... especially after thrashing the manures 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    yah i think so too... especially after thrashing the manures 4-1
    I think so too. I think Lafa only wants to beat Man Utd for games played, not for championship

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    I think so too. I think Lafa only wants to beat Man Utd for games played, not for championship

how many years did it take for SAF to win his first trophy with Mu?

Rafa has done relatively well and now his has trained his sight to gun down SAF
    but I hope he gets his transfers and tactics right

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast