Thread: Tokina 19-35 questions

Default Tokina 19-35 questions

hi there,

just searched the forum, and see that 19-35mm Tokina is highly recommended. Can any recent buyers/users comment on it? Is the current promotion from CP still on?

Thanks!

Thread moved to General, Reviews/Previews, Technical Discussions. You will get better answers here.

yes. it's still on when i walked past CP a few days ago.

went down to CP on wed (12/11/03) to get it @ S$388 with free gifts so i presume that's the promo you are referring to.

Ohz, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryer
    hi there,

just searched the forum, and see that 19-35mm Tokina is highly recommended. Can any recent buyers/users comment on it? Is the current promotion from CP still on?

Thanks!

It's built like a tank almost all metal. So it weighs a ton. I dun like the weight but others may beg to differ. Feel it and use it and see if u like it. I certainly didn't and went for the Sigma 17-35mm. It's double the price but has much large thread diameter......

Quote Originally Posted by Wryer
    hi there,

Thanks!

It's built like a tank almost all metal. So it weighs a ton. I dun like the weight but others may beg to differ. Feel it and use it and see if u like it. I certainly didn't and went for the Sigma 17-35mm. It's double the price but has much larger thread diameter......

Ya .. heard from many forum and preview say that Tokina 19~35mm is much sharper than Tamron 19~35mm..

try a few lenses b4 buying..
    the one i tried is not sharp in the center!

Quote Originally Posted by hackie
    try a few lenses b4 buying..
    the one i tried is not sharp in the center!
    You means the Tokina lens? Izzit? Wher you test it? One of my fren going to get this lens soon.