Thread: Toy Museum

Default Toy Museum

Toy Museum

Default Re: Toy Museum

Your white balance is pretty off. Anyway, is photography allowed? I thought not allowed.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

ya but no flash is allowed. so i basically used iso 1600 and shutter and apeature settings only. the light there is mostly yellow...
    Last edited by windcaster; 14th May 2009 at 08:35 AM.

Member/Tangshooter

white balance refers to the color tone of the picture. It has nothing to do with ISO, Aperture or Shutter settings. You can correct the white balance of the picture by either using an appropriate filter in-front of the lens, do some settings with your camera, or post processing.

Billy
    Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    ya but no flash is allowed. so i basically used iso 1600 and shutter and apeature settings only. the light there is mostly yellow...

hmm i got a custom white balance settings would that help as for filter i only got the standard uv fliter also i try processing it by adding contrast, it turn more yellow. can advise me on the setting and processing part?

you could try to change the colour temperature of the pic on the computer to get the yellow a little more whitish...

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    hmm i got a custom white balance settings would that help as for filter i only got the standard uv fliter also i try processing it by adding contrast, it turn more yellow. can advise me on the setting and processing part?
    use a very white paper .

In this room before you start shooting ( say this museum for example ), aim your camera on this piece of white paper so that then entire image is just WHITE , nothing else. Take a shot of this white image.

Then go to the menu of your DSLR and then set the custom white balance to this white image.

You are done

rest of the shots will be custom white balance to this color temperature for now. Remember to set the WB to another value when you leave this place A simpler way is to shoot in RAW and then adjust the color during post processing. enjoy...

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    use a very white paper .

In this room before you start shooting ( say this museum for example ), aim your camera on this piece of white paper so that then entire image is just WHITE , nothing else. Take a shot of this white image.

Then go to the menu of your DSLR and then set the custom white balance to this white image.

You are done

rest of the shots will be custom white balance to this color temperature for now. Remember to set the WB to another value when you leave this place A simpler way is to shoot in RAW and then adjust the color during post processing. enjoy...

Billy
    Setting the WB balance in the camera, and doing the white balancing during post processing, in the end both the end result is the same right?

Only difference is that one is done by the camera and one is done using computer software.
    Nikon D80 - 18-55mm
    Flickr | DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by wyred View Post
    Setting the WB balance in the camera, and doing the white balancing during post processing, in the end both the end result is the same right?

Only difference is that one is done by the camera and one is done using computer software.
    The are many times when the WB can't be salvaged by software. Best method is to get it right by doing a custom WB before shooting.

should have get a toy, or borrow from someone, and shoot it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    use a very white paper .

You are done

Billy
    Thanks will note that.

Quote Originally Posted by wyred View Post

Provided you shoot in RAW.

Kindly correct the color cast if you shot in raw.
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh