Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Mommy I love you!

  1. #1

    Default Mommy I love you!

    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Is the color too warm? How about the composition, angle wise, please feel free to comment and critique.

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To tell her mum her precious and shy darling loves her and wants to give her a flower on Mother's day.

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    She bought the flower from school to give to her mum. Decided to take a picture holding the flower, but she was so shy......

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Any pointer to note for my next photo shoot for my precious.

    thanks for comment.
    regards.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    the crop fails to deliver. a portrait would be better than a landscape in this shot.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Dont get the story of the picture

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    the crop fails to deliver. a portrait would be better than a landscape in this shot.
    tks for comment. point taken.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodzeus View Post
    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Is the color too warm? How about the composition, angle wise, please feel free to comment and critique.

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To tell her mum her precious and shy darling loves her and wants to give her a flower on Mother's day.

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    She bought the flower from school to give to her mum. Decided to take a picture holding the flower, but she was so shy......

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Any pointer to note for my next photo shoot for my precious.

    thanks for comment.
    regards.
    well the light is nice, the expression is nice, that's what works for the picture, the colors are also pleasing, if you ask me.

    but there are many problems; to elaborate on why the crop fails:

    1) the flower looks plastered on her face, i supposed that was not intended, but it feels that way

    2) maybe eye contact would be better. not every picture needs to have eye contact, but the lack of eye contact here, somehow spoils it somewhat. something earnest to convey what you intend to show, would be great.

    3) dof too shallow, if you ask me. stop down a bit more.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    I thought its carnation for Mother's Day.

  7. #7
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    ultimately, it just looks like its a 'pretty' picture
    technically sound, but fails to tell any story

    -steven

  8. #8

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well the light is nice, the expression is nice, that's what works for the picture, the colors are also pleasing, if you ask me.

    but there are many problems; to elaborate on why the crop fails:

    1) the flower looks plastered on her face, i supposed that was not intended, but it feels that way

    2) maybe eye contact would be better. not every picture needs to have eye contact, but the lack of eye contact here, somehow spoils it somewhat. something earnest to convey what you intend to show, would be great.

    3) dof too shallow, if you ask me. stop down a bit more.
    flower too fake, real flower. eye contact... noted, do have one with eye contact, but felt this more sweet. 1.8 too shallow, will try 2.8 next time. thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    I thought its carnation for Mother's Day.
    yes, u rite, will let my girl know...

    Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    ultimately, it just looks like its a 'pretty' picture
    technically sound, but fails to tell any story

    -steven
    tq for ur comment, any link to share

  9. #9

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodzeus View Post
    flower too fake, real flower. eye contact... noted, do have one with eye contact, but felt this more sweet. 1.8 too shallow, will try 2.8 next time. thanks.


    yes, u rite, will let my girl know...


    tq for ur comment, any link to share
    wow.. an HDRI reply.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    wow.. an HDRI reply.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    This picture works for me and I think it does convey an emotion, thus telling a story.

    Only grouse is the landscape cropping, which does in a way retract the viewer from the pretty little girls' eyes.
    The webpage: aladynna.com
    The Flickr: aladynna@flickr

  12. #12

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by aladynna View Post
    This picture works for me and I think it does convey an emotion, thus telling a story.

    Only grouse is the landscape cropping, which does in a way retract the viewer from the pretty little girls' eyes.

    Thanks for comment. Will try portrait orientation next time.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    I think its a lovely photo. A bit more space at the top maybe so as not to cut off the forhead, but from that nice capture, a treasure. Well done.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    the picture itself is quite nice with the light on the face and the flower
    would've preferred a portrait though
    also, doesn't really convey the story or meaning you intended
    Eyes sharp, minds open
    My flickr

  15. #15

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I think its a lovely photo. A bit more space at the top maybe so as not to cut off the forhead, but from that nice capture, a treasure. Well done.
    thanks, when cropping, I chose a 4x6 setting, thus chopping off the forehead.

    Quote Originally Posted by sentinelazri View Post
    the picture itself is quite nice with the light on the face and the flower
    would've preferred a portrait though
    also, doesn't really convey the story or meaning you intended
    noted the point on portrait, will try next time.
    picture was taking in the kitchen where the sunset light is coming through the windows...
    princess was holding the flower and posing as if she's presenting the flower to me.
    By cropping, the flower ended up like copy and paste.
    thanks for your comment.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Mommy I love you!

    more like "i love this flower" than "mommy i love you"

    Cheers!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •