Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take your camera with you at all times?

Default Do you take your camera with you at all times?

Y'know, most photography literature and experts tend to suggest that we should all bring our camera with us all the time. I wonder how many of us practice this? I love the idea but don't do it in practice.

Like this morning, when I was jogging around the Esplanade to Clarke Quay and the light was very good, hitting the buildings at all the right places BUT no camera!
    There were many many instances where I have regretted not having a camera with me such as when I saw a father carrying his 2 young daughters to school on his SHOULDER (a good candid street scene), or a maintenance man cleaning the glass roof (I was standing right under him) and many more...

I still don't have camera with me all the time.. I'll never learn

Default Re: Do you take your camera with you at all times?

I mostly try do, but you can bet when i haven't got it the photo opportunities will be there in abundance ...

Yes, I do take a camera with me all the time and no, it is not my bulky DSLR but a high-end compact. It may not take the best quality pictures but it is always there when I want to capture something.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

Maybe can start a thread "Shots you missed because you weren't carrying a camera". Should be an interesting one.

I wished i could bring my camera around too, but i can't due to workplace restriction. Sometimes i also see scenes which are so nice for capturing but without camera... Too bad.

Isn't a HP a camera? Everybody is carrying one.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Maybe can start a thread "Shots you missed because you weren't carrying a camera". Should be an interesting one.
    But if no camera, then no shots wor... will be tough to make it interesting.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

I only have G9 with me on daily basis. DSLR, will only bring out if I really plan to go out and shoot

I don't bring out my camera (except hp cam of course) unless i'm going out for the purpose of shooting...

and yes.. i did once miss a very spectacular shot at Bishan
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    But if no camera, then no shots wor... will be tough to make it interesting.
    Quite true, can only describe...

mi mi mi !!
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

trying to have my cam with me always...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

I carry a PnP with me all time , but sometime wanted shoot ,Knn battery flat .....

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    mi mi mi !!
    Wow, I am trying to imagine myself carrying my backpack with me everyday...Hmm very hard le, I think the main reason will be 'lazy'

For me i only bring it out when going for photoshoots, cos i can't bring cameras to work.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Everyday man... I got into photog cuz I was... still am, very much into photo journalism which unfortunatelly has now been labelled as STOMP... which has now been labelled as kaypo society. But no, am not the regular stomper, no way.

Unless I'm going out to shoot, don't bring out the camera. On Sunday, would have loved to have brought the camera with me to East coast as the moon rising up from the horizon was orangish-red. Getting some drinks and watching F1 took precedence...

me! I bring to school almost everyday. I shoot student who break school rule or do bad things e.g. climbing the school fence, fights, smoke. I'm a paparazzi
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

I try to bring a compact at least. It was surprising to note the number of interesting shots I would otherwise have missed. Sure, technical quality may not match a DSLR, but at least I get the shot. A lot better than telling the story of the-one-that-got-away

In my case, worst case scenario is phone camera. This happens when it's just a morning jogging session.
    Once I'm out with a bag, that means I'll bring at least a pocket camera. In the case that I know that day is a full leisure moment, go around... then take my dSLR along.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast