View Poll Results: Who is buying Windows 7???

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queue up and buy on first day!!!

5 6.94%
  • Buying .... but not immediately lah...

27 37.50%
  • Not buying

16 22.22%
  • Not interested.

34 47.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 is coming! Who is going to buy???

Default Re: Windows 7 is coming! Who is going to buy???

Will wait till alot of geek "TEST'' out the system.... before getting. Like after SP2 or above.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Good.

I'm juz asking cuz, my PC accumulates junk quite a lot... and a fresh reinstall does wonders. But everytime I tend to forget some minor data/apps/settings...etc. So I try not to do it unless really necessary.

Might get a W7 for my HP netbook tho... it's currently using Vista and it feels like motorcycle towing a truck.
    One thing I dun like Windows is it accumulates lots of junk like orphan DLL files and bloated registry which need software to clean up. I hope Windows 7 have solve this!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    One thing I dun like Windows is it accumulates lots of junk like orphan DLL files and bloated registry which need software to clean up. I hope Windows 7 have solve this!
    Unless M$ gets rid of the stupid registry, this issue will never be solved. LLST. It is very difficult to remove the registry as even the lastest Windows core structure is still based on Win95.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Yes you can install the W7 RC1 on your lappy. But on Jul 2010, it will cease to function unless you purchase the original copy.
    I just installed W7 on my comp.. IIRC, it the licence agreement says that from March 2010 it will start rebooting every 2hours and Jun/Jul will cease to function.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Yes you can install the W7 RC1 on your lappy. But on Jul 2010, it will cease to function unless you purchase the original copy.
    Yes! Its fully automated. But always back up your data and programs using Vista Back Up/Restore tool first before upgrading in case anything goes south. Good luck!
    Thanks Hazmee, will try it on my secondary laptop before install it on my main laptop just in case it does not go as smooth as I thought it will be Hmm hopefully my secondary laptop will be faster after this installation

I am just a home user. Still happy with Windows XP.
    Not upgrading
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

I will be upgrading toa new PC by the end of the year. This W7 will come as bundled.
    My only worry is this new OS will not support my CAD softwares. Then I may need to downgrade to Vista

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Not upgrading
    Yeah me too. I am happy with running Windows XP on my 3 desktops and Vista on my laptop which has 4 GB RAM. No sweat.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    Yeah me too. I am happy with running Windows XP on my 3 desktops and Vista on my laptop which has 4 GB RAM. No sweat.
    Yea man!
    Also why let Microsoft earn so much money...

Not upgrading
    You are happy because you haven't seen the state-of-the-art Windows 7 new features

I am still running my UI as windows Classic, on XP. I hate colourful UI of macs. I hate all these unnecessary UI upgrades. Give me stable core! Like UNIX.
    Damn I need windows cos from home need to connect remotely to office, can only do via IE ... sigh...

Not upgrading
    It is only a matter of time. You will upgrade to W7, this I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    maybe upgrade to Snow Leopard instead

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Will wait till alot of geek "TEST'' out the system.... before getting. Like after SP2 or above.

Agree , better to wait for the "geeks" to test out and wait for SP2 or above.

I have tested out Windows 7 on my spare machine. There is slight improvement over XP , but not as impressive as i would have hope.

I will stick to linux as primary and mac as secondary OS as both have serve me well in most aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Agree , better to wait for the "geeks" to test out and wait for SP2 or above.

I have tested out Windows 7 on my spare machine. There is slight improvement over XP , but not as impressive as i would have hope.

I will stick to linux as primary and mac as secondary OS as both have serve me well in most aspect.
    slight improvement over XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    You are happy because you haven't seen the state-of-the-art Windows 7 new features
    Does that feature add values to my business? Does it help me to bring in more revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Of course, based on past history, we do not have a choice. When that time comes, then we talk about it.

I'd say that anyone running Vista will upgrade to version 7, just to see their average machine run better. For those who already have upgraded their machine to work with Vista, they're probably going to see a smaller improvement. Even people on Windows XP should see something good out of it, though the interface continues to become more ridiculous with each revision.

Windows 7 is merely Windows Vista finished. It's as though the beta period has ended and they're finally ready to sell it. Unfortunately, it's not going to be a free upgrade.

definitely buying Windows 7

my old Athlon PC cannot run Vista!

Microsoft will definitely pull the plug on XP when 7 comes out so if you're planning to buy a Netbook, better hold that purchase until they come pre-installed with windows 7 or you'll have to buy an OS with almost the same price of your netbook

I am a Mac user (part of the world's 5%) but I still use Windows and Linux (gOS) on VMWare.

Although I can survive using a Mac alone, there are some Windows features/apps that I still need.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I'd say that anyone running Vista will upgrade to version 7, just to see their average machine run better. For those who already have upgraded their machine to work with Vista, they're probably going to see a smaller improvement. Even people on Windows XP should see something good out of it, though the interface continues to become more ridiculous with each revision.

Windows 7 is merely Windows Vista finished. It's as though the beta period has ended and they're finally ready to sell it. Unfortunately, it's not going to be a free upgrade.
    Well said!

Does that feature add values to my business? Does it help me to bring in more revenue?
    photographers also buy new camera in the hope of using the new technologies to bring in more revenue?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast