Thread: LIghtroom 2

Default LIghtroom 2

newbie to photo editing here!
    just curious, hope someone can help me out a little!
    Thankss!

when i open RAW files in Lightroom2, under the develop section, when i "tweek" the picture there, is it the same as changing the "raw settings" in other programmes like "DPP" (canon's originial Raw editing programme) ? example the exposure and stuff...

Default Re: LIghtroom 2

LR2 don't change physically the raw file but create the xml file. Yes there are WB, exposure etc......

Quote Originally Posted by st0pandst4re View Post
    newbie to photo editing here!
    just curious, hope someone can help me out a little!
    Thankss!

when i open RAW files in Lightroom2, under the develop section, when i "tweek" the picture there, is it the same as changing the "raw settings" in other programmes like "DPP" (canon's originial Raw editing programme) ? example the exposure and stuff...
    i believe DPP and also Nikon's Capture are actually editing the RAW file. so if you edit in DPP and then open, lets say, in bridge you will find the same edits.
    Not so with LR2, the editing are only commands and the original file (applies also to jpegs) is not touched at all. so if you open a file, that was edited in LR2, in DPP you will find that the edits are not there. you need to export or import the xml file, which Longkangman pointed contain the edit instructions as well. The xml file is not created automatically, you need to tell LR to do so.
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i believe DPP and also Nikon's Capture are actually editing the RAW file. so if you edit in DPP and then open, lets say, in bridge you will find the same edits.
    Not so with LR2, the editing are only commands and the original file (applies also to jpegs) is not touched at all. so if you open a file, that was edited in LR2, in DPP you will find that the edits are not there. you need to export or import the xml file, which Longkangman pointed contain the edit instructions as well. The xml file is not created automatically, you need to tell LR to do so.
    i believe RAW files cannot be modified, no?
    G

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    i believe RAW files cannot be modified, no?
    they can. if you edit a RAW file in Capture NX then NX will change the RAW file, so if you open the same RAW file in LR you will see the changes done in NX
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr